Rey Maualuga visiting AZ

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're proving my point. They're nearly 50m under the cap and not bringing him back.

But not because the coaches don't want him back.

From what I read the emergence of Burfict made him expendable because they think Burfict's best position is the same one Rey plays. Since Rey is going to cost a lot more, he publicly stated he was concerned they might not keep him.

And that's why his coaches came out and said they need to keep him.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Thumpers usually can't cover TE's. I would love to get him next to D-Wash.

This guy could be our Jerrod Mayo.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I never said he's a bad guy. He's just a horrible linebacker that's all... Nothing personal.
I get that. My point was that no one can get discussed on this board without someone ripping him. It just doesn't square with reality. Everyone can't suck.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Interesting because both Marvin Lewis and Mike Zimmer publicly stated they HAVE to find a way to keep him.

Coach Marvin Lewis told NFL.com that Maualuga is someone “you got to get back in the fold” while defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer compared losing Maualuga with the departure of defensive lineman Justin Smith several years ago.

“He is, as you will find out when this free agency period starts, a lot better than what a lot of people give him credit for,” Zimmer said, via the team’s website. “I think that’s going to be what people are going to find out if he goes. If he’s not here people are going to miss him and say we should have had him. That’s how it works, like Justin Smith.”

I admit I haven't seen him play too much the last 2 years since he changed positions but it would appear the guys who coached him want to keep him.

Coachspeak Russ.

We hear the same thing going on in AZ & we've seen how many guys have been axed lately?IMO Rey's not worth the expensive coin he's going to get.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coachspeak Russ.

We hear the same thing going on in AZ & we've seen how many guys have been axed lately?IMO Rey's not worth the expensive coin he's going to get.

Isn't that usually AFTER someone leaves, and not before?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
But not because the coaches don't want him back.

From what I read the emergence of Burfict made him expendable because they think Burfict's best position is the same one Rey plays. Since Rey is going to cost a lot more, he publicly stated he was concerned they might not keep him.

And that's why his coaches came out and said they need to keep him.

I follow the Stripes and Marvin & Co are a classy bunch so the comments don't surprise me. Burfict definitely makes Rey less valuable but he was run at and targeted to the point of being benched. If we're bringing him in on the cheap to see if he can thrive in a new role I'd be fine with it. I just think people will be dissapointed if they're expecting a lot from Rey.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like he just signed.

With us? Or did he borrow a fax machine and sign his contract with the Ravens?

And yes I know fax machines are old that was a joke.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dov Kleiman ‏@NFL_RealUpdates
#Cardinals missed on on former #Steelers LB Larry Foote, they instead went to get former #Bengals LB Ray Maualuga.

Dov Kleiman ‏@NFL_RealUpdates
Breaking News: #Cardinals signing former #Bengals LB Ray Maualuga.

Can't find anything else confirming it yet.

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
With us? Or did he borrow a fax machine and sign his contract with the Ravens?

And yes I know fax machines are old that was a joke.

pet peeve of mine but can people please provide a source when they make these kind of comments.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Missing out on Larry Foote so we signed Rey Maualuga....... If so, we dodged a serious bullet and our evaluation staff needs to be taken out back for some serious rounds of electro-shock.

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
I think he makes up stuff just to complain.

Everything in my post was fact. Didn't even complain.

62 solo tackles + 60 assists (ewwwww) = 122 tackles

you sound upset

You must be registered for see images attach

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting - I wanted the Cards to draft him the year we drafted Beanie. Now this comes full circle to me.

I haven't followed him much since he has been in Cincy, but at least he is a capable NFL starter.