Rey Maualuga visiting AZ

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Per MJ & Twitter, Rey Maualuga headed to AZ for a visit

I would love this. What a great fit next to Washington.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Cool. Would be a great signing.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this would be a nice signing, but i can't get excited about FA visits anymore.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Rey Rey is a solid player nothing more IMO. Has never played up to the hype he had at SC.

pacman

Veteran
Reaction score
Wow. I've always been a fan of Maualuga. A very underrated MLB imo. Him alongside D Wash would be amazing.

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
haven't watched him play, but only 60 solo tackles last year and his stats on pff are horrendous

i would rather have dan connor

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
this would be a nice signing, but i can't get excited about FA visits anymore.
This...

I always invision the Cardinals FA visit kind of like those Star Tour Busses in Hollywood as the player is en-route to their true final desitation.

"If you look out your window on your left you will see the Arizona Cardinals headquaters neslted in between camelback mountain and..."

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
haven't watched him play, but only 60 solo tackles last year and his stats on pff are horrendous

i would rather have dan connor

He's one of the worst LB's in the league. But on the bright side he gets us closer to Clowney/Bridgewater.

Buckybird

Reaction score
He's one of the worst LB's in the league. But on the bright side he gets us closer to Clowney/Bridgewater.

Yep peeps get excited about Rey Rey because of his name & hype he had at SC. He's probably a player along the lines of Lenon or even worse.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Struggled as a 4-3 MLB in coverage and would be ask to cover more here in a 3-4.

Not if he's going to continue to play the role that Paris Lenon performed the last couple of years. Paris rarely ventured deeper than 5 yards from the LOS. Horton tended to ask Washington and Acho make the coverage plays.

Ed Burmila

Registered
Reaction score
Yep peeps get excited about Rey Rey because of his name & hype he had at SC. He's probably a player along the lines of Lenon or even worse.

+1 for this. He is garbage who got a lot of exposure in college and makes the occasional highlight film hit. We'd be better with Reggie Walker.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm really getting irked when each time we're considering a new player, a hater comes out of the woodwork exclaiming that the dude is the lousiest, incompetent scumbag ever to don a football uniform.

From thence forward, whenever one of these players is mentioned, I can't get rid of the sour smell.

C'mon guys. Everyone can't suck. Otherwise there'd be no NFL.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I'm really getting irked when each time we're considering a new player, a hater comes out of the woodwork exclaiming that the dude is the lousiest, incompetent scumbag ever to don a football uniform.

From thence forward, whenever one of these players is mentioned, I can't get rid of the sour smell.

I never said he's a bad guy. He's just a horrible linebacker that's all... Nothing personal.

Buckybird

Reaction score

Why do we seem to go 5-11 three out of every five years then? :D

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rey Rey is a solid player nothing more IMO. Has never played up to the hype he had at SC.

He's been pretty good IMO.

Not a pro bowler but he's a good player.

I always worried about him staying out of trouble but hopefully he's matured.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never said he's a bad guy. He's just a horrible linebacker that's all... Nothing personal.

Interesting because both Marvin Lewis and Mike Zimmer publicly stated they HAVE to find a way to keep him.

Coach Marvin Lewis told NFL.com that Maualuga is someone “you got to get back in the fold” while defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer compared losing Maualuga with the departure of defensive lineman Justin Smith several years ago.

“He is, as you will find out when this free agency period starts, a lot better than what a lot of people give him credit for,” Zimmer said, via the team’s website. “I think that’s going to be what people are going to find out if he goes. If he’s not here people are going to miss him and say we should have had him. That’s how it works, like Justin Smith.”

I admit I haven't seen him play too much the last 2 years since he changed positions but it would appear the guys who coached him want to keep him.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Interesting because both Marvin Lewis and Mike Zimmer publicly stated they HAVE to find a way to keep him.

Coach Marvin Lewis told NFL.com that Maualuga is someone “you got to get back in the fold” while defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer compared losing Maualuga with the departure of defensive lineman Justin Smith several years ago.

“He is, as you will find out when this free agency period starts, a lot better than what a lot of people give him credit for,” Zimmer said, via the team’s website. “I think that’s going to be what people are going to find out if he goes. If he’s not here people are going to miss him and say we should have had him. That’s how it works, like Justin Smith.”

I admit I haven't seen him play too much the last 2 years since he changed positions but it would appear the guys who coached him want to keep him.

You're proving my point. They're nearly 50m under the cap and not bringing him back.