LaCanfora : LB Foote re-signs w/ Steelers (with leverage from Cards interest)

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Jason La CanforaVerified account
‏@JasonLaCanfora
In LB news - the Cardinals are strong favorites to sign Larry Foote from Pittsburgh, while Dan Connor likely to visit Steelers this week

Yikes

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
dan connor woudl be a decent signing

larry foote = ewwwwwwwwwwww

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Wasn't he old the last time we pursued him in 2010?

Christ....

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
LaCanfora is a friggin ******. The next time he's right about something will be the first. The Cards told ADub they were trying to get younger, so highly doubtful Foote is even a target.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

If true so much for coaching the Stealers out of the Cardinals! Possibly Mendenhall, now this...I knew it was too good to be true.

We're sooooo gonna suck this year & probably many more to come. :(

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I thought someone was bumping a thread from 2010

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

If true so much for coaching the Stealers out of the Cardinals! Possibly Mendenhall, now this...I knew it was too good to be true.

We're sooooo gonna suck this year & probably many more to come. :(

Might as well add Harrison to the group.

Arizona: where old Steelers go to get overpaid and ease into retirement. [see Joey Porter, Clark Haggans, Alan Faneca, Brian St. Pierre]

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
3 years younger then Lenon and had a solid year last year.

Ideal pickup, maybe not, but an upgrade over Lenon, without a doubt IMO.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
LaCanfora is a friggin ******. The next time he's right about something will be the first. The Cards told ADub they were trying to get younger, so highly doubtful Foote is even a target.
Well, Foote is younger than Lenon :shrug:.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
No way this happens. Keim would be laughed out of the office for even suggesting something so stupid.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
With the likes of Connor and Ellerby out there, I'd puke if we signed old man Foote.

I've been tooting the Ellerbe horn since December. He'll probably cost too much, but would be a great fit next to DWash. No thanks on Larry Foote.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
3 years younger then Lenon and had a solid year last year.

Ideal pickup, maybe not, but an upgrade over Lenon, without a doubt IMO.
They had basically the same stats:
Foote 75 tackles 4 sacks 0 int 2 FF
Lenon 73 tackles 2 sacks 1 Int 1 FF

I agree he'd be an upgrade, by getting younger, but man it would be nice to get someone more dynamic in there to go w/ Dwash.

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah. I wouldn't love the move but I can see the reason and he would be a cheap vet that fills a starting spot.

I agree. My thinking is that were going to draft an ILB and let him learn under a veteran.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might as well add Harrison to the group.

Arizona: where old Steelers go to get overpaid and ease into retirement. [see Joey Porter, Clark Haggans, Alan Faneca, Brian St. Pierre]

Jeebus! :( I didn't think Arians, if anything, might be MORE prone to signing ex-Steelers.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
LOL.

If it's a one year deal for less than $4M, then I guess it's fine. But what a joke.

I would say a two year deal for less than 2mil per year. If anything else, a stupid signing.

In the end, we lost two players who were listed at ILB in Lenon and Bradley. We have to fill those two spots somehow.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I would say a two year deal for less than 2mil per year. If anything else, a stupid signing.

In the end, we lost two players who were listed at ILB in Lenon and Bradley. We have to fill those two spots somehow.

Well, since we're getting rid of Bradley's ungainly number, we have a little more room to spread it out for a starter.

As for Bradley's roster spot? He was a special teams player who didn't get in with the base defense or sub packages. We're getting Reggie Walker back, who was the #2 ILB at both spots. I'm fine with replacing Stewart Bradley with an undrafted rookie free agent or 3rd day draft pick.

I personally think that we can replace Stewart Bradley with an empty thermos of Gatorade.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah... I'll laugh pretty hard if we got rid of Wiz and his over-reliance on washed up former Steelers only to bring in a coach who has an over-reliance on washed up former Steelers.