Age is Everything

Sam Wise

Big, Dumb, Stupid Looking
Reaction score
Honestly I am amazed by this and this is the reason I think the 49ers are a much better organization than the Seahawks.

Both traded for Wide Receivers with much different pedigree.

49ers give a 6th rounder for Boldin, who honestly is still a very good WR.

10th year avg, 77 rec, 1016 yds, 6 TD, 65% Passes for 1st down.

Yes he is 33, but he has exceptional hands, is very very tough and durable. The guy had his face crushed and came back to play that year WTF!!! Does he still have speed, no but he is a great blocker and very physical WR. With Crabtree and VD to compliment him he will thrive. Also most 6th rounders don't do squat.

Seahawks give a 1st, 3rd and 7th round pick for Harvin.

4th year avg. 70 rec, 830 yds, 5 TD, 60% passes for 1st down.

He is only 24, but he has major injury issues. He is very fast and is a triple threat, running and receiving. However, he is not a #1 WR, and goes to a team with a bunch of #2 and #3 WR already. Yes he is better than what they have, but he doesn't make the Seahawks that much better. To give up what should be a bonafide starter, and potential starter or great rotation guy and a scrub pick, I am amazed. What really suprises me is that Seattle has drafted well the past 3 years. Maybe they just didn't think this draft class had what they needed.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'll say Percy Harvin is a bonafide #1 - and brings way more to the field with his speed and vision than Boldin does at this point.

DRVNFAST

Homey don't play that!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm doing a clinical rotation currently at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN. People here expected to loose Percy but are still devastated. I don't want to feel the same if we loose Larry.

Last edited:

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'll say Percy Harvin is a bonafide #1 - and brings way more to the field with his speed and vision than Boldin does at this point.
Different strokes filling different needs.

Q adds toughness and physicality yo a team already known for physically beating up on its opponents. Percy adds explosiveness to a less than explosive Seahawk offense.

I don't think age enters into it so much as contract details and fit within the systems of both the sending and receiving teams.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Different strokes filling different needs.

Q adds toughness and physicality yo a team already known for physically beating up on its opponents. Percy adds explosiveness to a less than explosive Seahawk offense.

I don't think age enters into it so much as contract details and fit within the systems of both the sending and receiving teams.

I do agree there. Boldin is unfortunately a great fit for the 49ers.

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
The Seahawks have pulled a lot of good players out of their ass with late round picks and cheap trades. They do it better than anyone else in the league.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave