Semi-OT: Richard Sherman Interview

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Just saw this. Not a Bayless fan either but Sherman goes too far.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All he kept saying was how intelligent he was.. How great he was.. Loser..

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
All skip does is trash people all day every day and hes never done anything athletic in his life, so he had it coming.

I dont support Sherman, but Skip needed to be dropped down a peg by someone.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could tell by looking at Stephen A Smiths reactions to what Sherman was saying just how big of an idiot he came across as..

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Skip needed to be dropped down a peg by someone.

He has before.. When Lebron won the championship.. That's how you get someone like Skip to shut up.. Not go on some weird rant about being great..

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
All skip does is trash people all day every day and hes never done anything athletic in his life, so he had it coming.

I dont support Sherman, but Skip needed to be dropped down a peg by someone.

A peg?! If Sherman wasn't on a national sports program he would have accosted the dude. Guy has no class. Win a SB and be the MVP of the league before you start in on Brady. You only won x1 game jerk.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Skip Bayless is the GOAT troll. It is his purpose to get under people's skin.

Agree. I hate Bayless and think he's an obnoxious shock jock journalist, but Sherman took the bait and made a complete ass of himself (again).

Honestly, I think Bayless handled the ad hominem attack from Sherman well. He tried to redirect him to the actual questions rather than egg him on or cower.

Last edited:

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sherman is a terrible speaker. That said, I'd take him. He's a great CB. Opposite PP, our corners would be shutdown

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Skip is paid to talk trash and rile people up, and that's the whole point of first take. You'd think a Stanford grad would be smart enough to figure that out and own him intelligently, not like a jackhole.

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
Sherman is a huge douche. His constant and desperate need for attention is starting to get really annoying.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sherman comes across, to me, as someone with a damaged/flawed psyche.

BTW, Richie, Cretinin is not a word. It is Cretin.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The optics were to die for -

"Murderers Row" - Steven A Smith - Sherman - Skip Bayless.

Even with the sound turned off, our cats became violently ill and all the house plants in our living room began to whither and die.

I quickly switched to Animal Planet in order to save the household.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sherman is a fascinating kid though, people forget he was a kid that got overlooked out of HS(USC and UCLA passed) and came to Stanford as a WR. He didn't move to CB until his last 2 seasons. He was a track star in HS. He's also from Compton so people shouldn't be surprised he talks alot.

I always liked him at Stanford, I had him pegged as underrated coming into the draft you could see the obvious ball skills, he just hadn't played much CB.

And I hate Bayless so I'm fine with this.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
Sherman's mouth will make him a huge target next season. "The NFL has a way of humbling you" is a quote by one of the the ESPN vets that I heard in regard to Sherman.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Sherman's a really good corner, let's not get it twisted just because he has a big mouth. What he did to Skip was wrong, but what he did to Brady (you mad bro?) was not: I'm a huge Brady fan but he was yapping at Sherman all game. At one point even telling Sherman to see him after the game when the Pats win. So that's exactly what Sherman did. Players talk a lot of smack and when a finesse player does it it's okay but when a defender does he's somehow seen as uncouth. Please. There's a difference though doing that in-game and just being nasty like that on TV.

That being said Sherman has no brains--he gave a ton of pub to a guy he says he hates.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2