Congrats Q

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're just not all up in his jock for winning the SB.. He moved on, so did I.

Yay! Q won a ring, I can sleep at night now... the loss from OUR SB is almost completely diminished!

That better?

Oh no there is definitely HATERS!

ANDY440

Registered
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Oh no there is definitely HATERS!

What would you call a guy who did not give a Damn his team just won the game that sent them to the Superbowl ? Do you think he even cared we lost it ? He admitted he did not enjoy it . I'm supposed to care he won it with someone else ?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What would you call a guy who did not give a Damn his team just won the game that sent them to the Superbowl ? Do you think he even cared we lost it ? He admitted he did not enjoy it . I'm supposed to care he won it with someone else ?

I call him a competitor who had every right to be pissed. Especially with Haley.

I absolutely think he cared we lost. Just watch the video of his pre game speech on the sideline huddle. If you think he didn't want to win your nuts.

Not being able to fully enjoy the trip due to bitterness with the upper management is some big problem? yep a problem the FO created and made him bitter. So what.

I could care less if you care. but the venom you guys have IMO is crazy. But certainly a minority! ;)

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I can see both sides. I was not happy with the way Q handled the championship win here in AZ. But, he was a huge part of getting us to the big game.

I am glad he won a SB ring with the Ravens, though, truth be told, it was mostly because I wanted the Niners to freaking lose.

EDIT: That is not entirely true. He was a huge part of the Cardinals and I loved watching him play here. Wish he would have won a ring here first.

Last edited:

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Broke his face for us, hell yeah I'm toasting to Q's moment. Haters are haters, Q deserves this ring plain and simple, same way Larry does, they both have that kind of heart. Route runners are route runners, New England can take a guy that couldn't get a pizza to my house in 30 minutes, but he will learn his route and be wide open.

Guys like Q and Fitz...give me man on man all day and they will come down with the ball, they aint got to be open. Friggin haters just mad cuz he aint still here, I'd smell a different tune round here if Whiz hadn't blackballed him.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TruCard

TruCard

Banned
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That is the MO of the person who created this thread, but instead of reality, it is about hatred for the Bidwills. He couldn't just start a thread about Q and leave it at that.
I never stated that I hated the Bidwills. I state that there is 25 years worth of blunder moves and lack of moves from this family that hurts the team. How many other players has this team let go only to go on to win a ring? Doesn't mean I hate the Bidwills. It's your MO to hate on me. It's your MO to only post in threads where I talk trash(which granted is most of them). Simeon Rice called the Cards the armpit of the NFL. He wasn't talking about the players. Go yell at him.

You don't trade Anquan Boldin's.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TruCard

TruCard

Banned
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
People also forget that the Bidwills gave him a new big contract in 2005 when he still had two years left on his rookie deal. Those stingy jerk face Bidwills, how dare they disrespect him like that.
And they also told him that he would be paid again which didn't happen. They didn't plan on giving Fitz as much as they did. The org chose to keep Dockett. They made a choice between Dockett and Q. Wrong move. Hopefully Floyd makes it all better.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never stated that I hated the Bidwills. I state that there is 25 years worth of blunder moves and lack of moves from this family that hurts the team. How many other players has this team let go only to go on to win a ring? Doesn't mean I hate the Bidwills. It's your MO to hate on me. Simeon Rice called the Cards the armpit of the NFL. He wasn't talking about the players. Go yell at him.

You don't trade Anquan Boldin's.

I thought you blocked me?

Funny, Rice was able to see that things changed and that guy is not very smart.

Simeon Rice showed up at the Super Bowl, smiling from ear to ear. He said he's eyeing a comeback after sitting out last year due to a shoulder injury. And not only is he cheering for the Cardinals, he wants to play for Arizona once again.

Imagine that.

"I've already talked to (Cardinals General Manager) Rod Graves about it," Rice said. "He knows the score."

Either way, Rice said he's coming back with "guns blazing." And he's tickled to see his old team in the Super Bowl.

Really.

"I'm happy," Rice said. "New uniforms, new stadium, a controversy on the sidelines and I'm not in it ... I love what I'm seeing."

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/DanBickley/44690

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And they also told him that he would be paid again which didn't happen. They didn't plan on giving Fitz as much as they did. The org chose to keep Dockett. They made a choice between Dockett and Q. Wrong move. Hopefully Floyd makes it all better.

Wrong again, Q made that choice or IMHO, Drew Rosenhaus did.

Boldin has two years remaining on a contract Rosenhaus renegotiated in 2005. He has stepped up attempts to secure a new deal after teammate Larry Fitzgerald signed a four-year, $40 million extension in 2008. The Cardinals have said they first plan to renegotiate contracts for safety Adrian Wilson and linebacker Karlos Dansby.

Boldin, who has two years left on his contract with the Cardinals, is upset with the team's management over what he says was a failed promise for a new deal last offseason. He has asked for a trade. The Cardinals said they would listen to offers but on draft day said no team had proposed a deal that could be seriously considered.

He got impatient and left.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You got some ashey lips bro.

Attachments

• crazy.png
    crazy.png
    74.5 KB · Views: 101
OP
OP
TruCard

TruCard

Banned
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wrong again, Q made that choice or IMHO, Drew Rosenhaus did.

He got impatient and left.
Read that again. It says, "over what he says was a failed promise for a new deal". He didn't leave. He was traded.

I'll just ask you this once.
Do you think Anquan Boldin deserved Fitz money?

Need I make a thread with a poll on this?

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Read that again. It says, "over what he says was a failed promise for a new deal". He didn't leave. He was traded.

I'll just ask you this once.
Do you think Anquan Boldin deserved Fitz money?

Need I make a thread with a poll on this?

And the only person who ever claimed he was promised a deal was good old Drew Rosenhaus and Q. That is a standard Rosenhaus tactic, so I go back to my original claim that this is the result of Rosenhaus.

And to answer your question, Q did not deserve Fitz money, but it is irrelevant what I think. Many athletes get much more money that they deserve, like Calvin Pace and Antron Rolle. The fact is the Cardinals never said they were not going to pay him, we wanted out before he found out.

OP
OP
TruCard

TruCard

Banned
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You got some ashey lips bro.
Dockett got his contract soon after Q was gone. I'm only putting one and one together man. Anquan signed a three year deal worth 25 mil in Baltimore. Why couldn't we do that? This was not only about money, that's why.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dockett got his contract soon after Q was gone. I'm only putting one and one together man. Anquan signed a three year deal worth 25 mil in Baltimore. Why couldn't we do that? This was not only about money, that's why.
Your contradickting yourself man. I'll leave it at that.

OP
OP
TruCard

TruCard

Banned
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
And the only person who ever claimed he was promised a deal was good old Drew Rosenhaus and Q. That is a standard Rosenhaus tactic, so I go back to my original claim that this is the result of Rosenhaus.

And to answer your question, Q did not deserve Fitz money, but it is irrelevant what I think. Many athletes get much more money that they deserve, like Calvin Pace and Antron Rolle. The fact is the Cardinals never said they were not going to pay him, we wanted out before he found out.
I think he was well worth Fitz money. His numbers sure proved that. I guess bridges were already burned by then though so it didn't matter. Him signing in Baltimore for 3 years 25 mil kind of proves that I guess. We would of given him that I would like to think. Oh well. Like I said, I hope Floyd blows up, I think he will.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
People also forget that the Bidwills gave him a new big contract in 2005 when he still had two years left on his rookie deal. Those stingy jerk face Bidwills, how dare they disrespect him like that.

This.

Boldin is a victim of his own decision (and/or that of his agent) and circumstance. Q's leverage for a massive contract was small because he was drafted in the 2nd round and didn't have the inflated contract Fitz had, which needed to be restructured in 2008 in order to free up cap space to do anything that offseason.

The Bidwills entertained the idea of re-structuring Q's contract, but at the same time, an NFL team simply cannot allocate ~$19mil per season for two wideouts and expect to have depth anywhere else. One of Fitz or Q had to go, and Fitz was the more talented of the two.

There are many situations in which the Bidwills and the FO made stupid decisions; the Q situation is not one of them. At least they traded him to get something in return.

Superfuzz

Veteran
Reaction score
This.

Boldin is a victim of his own decision (and/or that of his agent) and circumstance. Q's leverage for a massive contract was small because he was drafted in the 2nd round and didn't have the inflated contract Fitz had, which needed to be restructured in 2008 in order to free up cap space to do anything that offseason.

The Bidwills entertained the idea of re-structuring Q's contract, but at the same time, an NFL team simply cannot allocate ~$19mil per season for two wideouts and expect to have depth anywhere else. One of Fitz or Q had to go, and Fitz was the more talented of the two.

There are many situations in which the Bidwills and the FO made stupid decisions; the Q situation is not one of them. At least they traded him to get something in return.
It really comes down to the bold text. There shouldn't really be hard feelings for either side, IMO. He got paid, got a ring, and we're not paying ~20 mil for Ryan Lindley to throw the ball to two guys infinitely more talented at their position than he will ever be at his.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I think he was well worth Fitz money. His numbers sure proved that. I guess bridges were already burned by then though so it didn't matter. Him signing in Baltimore for 3 years 25 mil kind of proves that I guess. We would of given him that I would like to think. Oh well. Like I said, I hope Floyd blows up, I think he will.

$8.3 mil per season is a ton of money, which would have put us at $18.3/season for two wide receivers. It would have been idiotic for the franchise to match that.

BTW - Q is either going to be released, traded, or have his contract restructured this offseason for the Ravens to get under the cap and re-sign or franchise Flacco.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TruCard

TruCard

Banned
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This.

I buy some of this but not all. I think it came down to a disgruntled player, who was promised a bigger contract because he put up as big of numbers as the guy across from him. I guess we had to trade him, the bridges were burned. That's too bad. I wish it could of worked out. No doubt Larry was more talented and still is but Larry isn't as effective without Q, or a decent counterpart and especially Warner, lol.

The NFL simply can't allocate two WR making 19 mil but we can pay two DE's more? Nah. Dockett was paid months after Q was traded. I would of loved to see us pay Boldin and trade away Dockett. We gave Dockett a 4 yr 48 mil deal. Campbell got 5 yr 55 mil. deal. If I'm not mistaken, Dockett was a third rounder. Campbell a second rounder. No reason why we couldn't pay Fitz 40 mil and Q 25-35 mil. Like I said, Floyd can make this all better if he blows up. That's the chance we took. We thought we could replace Q. Eventually we can but it hasn't happened yet.