Saddle Up Cardinal's Fans:

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Get ready for the ride of your life. In his presser, Bruce Arians said that he would use teaching technique, and proper form, and good habits, in order to get our roster to a place where "Cards don't beat Cards". He has just followed up his words with actions, (just as Michael Bidwill and Steve Keim did with the hire of BA).

With the bringing in of Tom Moore, Tom Pratt, et.al. BA has done exactly what is necessary to have done in order to make that happen. The staff that BA is surrounding himself with is the ABSOLUTE BEST available at this level of football, bar none. I never even allowed myself to DREAM of having a FO and a Coaching Staff like what is coming to fruition right before our eyes. To have it belong to the Football Cardinals is beyond the realm of imagination.

THIS is the stuff dreams are made of. THIS is fixing what is broken, by breaking things down to their simplest terms and then remaking them, by replacing bad habits and bad technique with good ones, through tedious and hard work. Not rocket science, just football in it's very essence.

If any of you had doubt when the hire of BA was announced, (of if you ever doubted or questioned what BA said in his presser), those doubts should be forever cleared away. The path has been created for culture change to occur, and occur it will. Much will happen this season, simply by teaching new habits and proper technique to the players already on our roster.

I realize that in order to become an elite team, we still need to cultivate a franchise QB. I no longer doubt that this will happen. It may not come this year, but we WILL see improvement in that position this year. I DO believe that whomever plays that position for the Cardinals will be valued and protected, (a far cry from what has transpired over the past 6 years). No more cannon fodder for the rest of the league to blow up at will. I DO believe that protection for our QB will happen this upcoming season.

I have never been so stoked, (so sure of my belief in and faith in the FO and Staff), as I am for what is about to happen this off season with the Cardinals. The blend of experience, knowledge, previous success, and total commitment to bringing about positive change can only succeed in my opinion. This seems to be about to become the most talented, and successful, and committed FO and STAFF in professional football. And it is happening right here in Arizona with our beleaguered and beloved Cards.

I hope you join me in going along for the ride !!!!! GO CARDS !!!!!

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I'm on board.

Better hiring than Reid. Probably better than McCoy.

Defense needs to continue some dominance. But will get much better support now.

stewdog1

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Great post. I am stoked as well. And am very pleasantly surprised at what has transpired.

As for the Quartbacks, I bet we actually have one or two good ones already here. It was the atrocious coaching that caused a lot of the damage and the big step back we had this past season.

Sent from Tapatalk

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Stop It, Stop It, Stop It! I'm trying really hard to keep my dark-side strong until we get some kind of QB. You're getting me all pumped up for next year, stop it!

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Too much cool-aid so early in the day. But I like it.
It will be interesting to watch the search for the right qb.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's nice to know we have a coach, who will put serious emphasis on us not beating ourselves.. Unfortunately two teams in our division have surpassed us so far, that us beating them, looks highly unlikely for several years.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Defense needs to continue some dominance. But will get much better support now.

This is a huge point; the defense performed as well as it did this year without any offensive support, short fields, lots of points on the board from turnovers by our offense, etc.

A better offense will take some of the pressure off of the defense and let them play a little more lose. They might step back a bit, but if the offense improves I don't think you'll notice a statistical decline.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good (make that "outstanding") first step (if reports are accurate).

Long way to go before we know how it works out.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
you could copy any new HC speech these past few weeks and they are the same.

Coaching is good, but no amount of coaching is going to get Skelton/Kolb/Lindley to any solid QB level.

Shoot the Cardinals FINAL QB rating for the entire year was 22.1 ....worst in the NFL, possibly the worst season qb rating ever.

Unless BA is going to dump the throwing game all together and run either a wild-cat w/ Tebow or try trashing the passing game alltogether and going with a 100% run offense....it's going to be bad.

Cards have NO QB - and let's not get into Kolb living through a season. They have NO money to go out and get one and the only piece they can toss out for trade is Fitz.

I don't know about you, but I'm hope the Cards aren't betting on doing another trade for a backup...We'd had been a lot better off with DRC working with PP7...than we ever got with 4 game Kolb

Last edited:
OP
OP
Catfish

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
you could copy any new HC speech these past few weeks and they are the same.

Coaching is good, but no amount of coaching is going to get Skelton/Kolb/Lindley to any solid QB level.

Shoot the Cardinals FINAL QB rating for the entire year was 22.1 ....worst in the NFL, possibly the worst season qb rating ever.

Unless BA is going to dump the throwing game all together and run either a wild-cat w/ Tebow or try trashing the passing game alltogether and going with a 100% run offense....it's going to be bad.

Cards have NO QB - and let's not get into Kolb living through a season. They have NO money to go out and get one and the only piece they can toss out for trade is Fitz.

I don't know about you, but I'm hope the Cards aren't betting on doing another trade for a backup...We'd had been a lot better off with DRC working with PP7...than we ever got with 4 game Kolb

I knew that there would be a doubter-----just didn't know what quadrant it would come from. OK I'll throw this out there. What if our O-line, (the people we have now, plus those we draft, learned to protect Kolb so that he didn't have to take as many hits in one game that most QB's take in a season. What if we kept him upright and reading, and throwing off his front foot for say 8 or more games in a stretch. What if we won 5-or 6 of those. I believe that this scenario is not only possible, but maybe even probable for this upcoming season. If we can groom a viable back-up in that time, we might just win another 2 or 3 games going out. Would you be happy with say, 7 to possibly even 9 wins this season. That could be a possibility you know, WITH the players we have now.

Yes-----you could copy any speech by a newly hired HC, (but this guy has already delivered more than what any other new hire has even talked about). That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, and stokin' up on ice and all, so I can serve up the cold red stuff.

I am not normally a big cool-aid drinker, but this off-season I will be pouring for anyone who wants a drink. Yeah, I hear you doubters, but hear me too. The Cardinals WILL be improved significantly over last year----and I am pouring, so get in line for a cool one.

Last edited:

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cannot fathom anyone being excited about this coaching staff. No QB nothing fixes that in the next two years and any system looks awful with no QB. More coaches having made names off of great QBs.

BA's quote of "Being a head coach isn't as hard as it should be" Will go down in cards history along with Ryans "You have a winner in town" and Green's rant.
2013: 4-12
2014: 5-11
2015: 5-11 and BA is gone.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a huge point; the defense performed as well as it did this year without any offensive support, short fields, lots of points on the board from turnovers by our offense, etc.

A better offense will take some of the pressure off of the defense and let them play a little more lose. They might step back a bit, but if the offense improves I don't think you'll notice a statistical decline.

BIM: Loose

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Some reports stated that Whis ran a 'country club' and some players were favorites and got away with things other would not. Well, I think every coach plays favorites to an extent but the country club mentality is about to be bashed for good if it exists. It is the players who better get ready to saddle up and hopefully the fans who will enjoy the results.

Nash2Amare

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Didn't like the Arians hire initially... but I'm sold now with Tom Moore.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Some reports stated that Whis ran a 'country club' and some players were favorites and got away with things other would not. Well, I think every coach plays favorites to an extent but the country club mentality is about to be bashed for good if it exists. It is the players who better get ready to saddle up and hopefully the fans who will enjoy the results.
Jet - Yet most of the recent criticism of Wiz was that he was too hard on players who made mistakes. Ironic, no?

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Cannot fathom anyone being excited about this coaching staff. No QB nothing fixes that in the next two years and any system looks awful with no QB. More coaches having made names off of great QBs.

BA's quote of "Being a head coach isn't as hard as it should be" Will go down in cards history along with Ryans "You have a winner in town" and Green's rant.

Question....what the hell is Arians suppose to do right now to satisfy you? Really, there has been no two years...HE JUST TOOK THE JOB. There is is no proof of success yet, but also no proof of failure on his part. We have people acting as if Arians and Moore are just going to sit and go with the QBs we have as their solution and honestly, their resume does not scream they are known for shoddy QB play (because maybe, just maybe, they can recognize a good QB and how to develop it). There is no way he is going to put the current QBs in the dirt in his opening presser but that sure does not mean he is happy with them and for all intent purposes, they could all three be gone. Geez people, yes we need a QB. We all know that. Arians knows that. Stop acting like he is not capable of doing so without even his first free agency, draft or season to pass judgement of any kind.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Jet - Yet most of the recent criticism of Wiz was that he was too hard on players who made mistakes. Ironic, no?

Whis sure was not holding a country club the year they went to the Super Bowl and got beat by the Patriots and Whis then worked them hard in full pads. Maybe he got too laid back over time with players he was familiar with, but we will never know. That is the main thing, we do not know.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm expecting much improvement. Even if Bowles isn't as good as Horton at DC, having a better offense will not only take pressure off of them, but it will also give them more time to rest. I doubt we see much of a decline on D when the Arians gets the offense up to snuff. I can't wait for next year. The staff has been greatly improved, though it will take a lot from Bowles to make me stop missing Horton

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well, if you're right, you can take another two year break and come back when we hire his replacement in January, 2015.:D I hope you're wrong.

Steve

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Selectively. When Reagan Mauia spiked the ball the ball and Wiz went crazy, what the hell was that about? You want to tell me he would have done that on Fitz? Or DD? Yes, both those Kats probably will never do that, but....I believe Wiz went ballistic because it was a second tier player on the team.

At the end of day, not a big deal at all. Just an observation on my part.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave