Rookie contribution

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Compared to last year our rookies have done very little.

Massie is starting but getting abused. Floyd has 8 receptions in 7 games. Fleming is just part time with no pdf's or ints. Bethel hasn't made any plays really since pre season.

Kelemete and Potter don't play at all. Of course we didn't expect anything from Lindley.

Last season Peterson had 4 punt returns for TDs and started 16 games at CB. Williams was hurt. Acho had 7 sacks in only 10 starts and was a key ingredient in the defensive turnaround mid season. Sherman was blowing people up at FB. Carter played well enough as a sub that some here thought he should take over the starting NT job from Dan Williams.

Bad draft choices? Or just a sign that the Cards are more solid at the starting positions and that the 2011 draft was one of the best in years for getting guys who could contribute right away?

I'm of the latter opinion; not much room for the rookies to contribute though Floyd should have contributed more but that could be more the offensive line than anything else.

HookemCards

Have at you!!!!!
Reaction score
Compared to last year our rookies have done very little.

Massie is starting but getting abused. Floyd has 8 receptions in 7 games. Fleming is just part time with no pdf's or ints. Bethel hasn't made any plays really since pre season.

Kelemete and Potter don't play at all. Of course we didn't expect anything from Lindley.

Last season Peterson had 4 punt returns for TDs and started 16 games at CB. Williams was hurt. Acho had 7 sacks in only 10 starts and was a key ingredient in the defensive turnaround mid season. Sherman was blowing people up at FB. Carter played well enough as a sub that some here thought he should take over the starting NT job from Dan Williams.

Bad draft choices? Or just a sign that the Cards are more solid at the starting positions and that the 2011 draft was one of the best in years for getting guys who could contribute right away?

I'm of the latter opinion; not much room for the rookies to contribute though Floyd should have contributed more but that could be more the offensive line than anything else.

I'd agree with you that its the vets are more solid except that our OL is horrible and we drafted 3 linemen. Are line is pathetic inside and out. I think Massies best position eventually will be guard, just needs to get a little stronger, which is easier to do than improve footwork and quickness that he needs on the outside, even on the right side.

I really would love to see us sign a good LT, draft another LT early (1st), move Levi to the right, Massie to RG maybe grab a center 3rd or 4th, and see how that looks. I doubt it will happen, the coaches are convinced Levi is a good LT, which I guesss in comparison to the others he'd is. And if Grimm needs to be kept, hire a OT coach to work with Levi and the rookie.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Williams is injured again and has not done anything when he was playing.

Carter also has become invisible this season.

Quan Sturdivant... Gone/cut.

Demarco Sampson... Gone/cut.

You really have Peterson, Housler, Acho, and Sherman contributing.

OP
OP
Duckjake

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Williams is injured again and has not done anything when he was playing.

Carter also has become invisible this season.

Quan Sturdivant... Gone/cut.

Demarco Sampson... Gone/cut.

You really have Peterson, Housler, Acho, and Sherman contributing.

Yes, but I was talking about their contributions last season. And Carter wasn't invisible then. Carter and Williams aren't doing much because the team is in the 2-4-5 so much.

Meanwhile the rookies this year haven't done anything of note. Not one much less four of them.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This should be a short thread.

:D

I think this will eventually be a decent class but yeah not getting much of anything. Massie getting abuse, the stud WR has finally gone 2 games without having to be told where to line up, but still isn't doing much.

This class is going to take a bit longer it looks like.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
I agree... I expected more from Floyd. Why are we not exploiting matchups with him? is he that far behind?

I was hoping Fleming will take over the other side opposite to Peterson sometime around mid season but he doesn't seem to be even close.

What happenned to Bethel who appeared to be another ST sensation during the preseason and has completely disappeared?

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
We missed out on a lot of good players in the 2nd round

You must be registered for see images attach