Could the players walk out?

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
With all the BS occurring each & every game, I wonder at some point the players walk out on strike? Or can they with a CBA? Just a thought

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No I seriously doubt it. They would be stupid too anyway!

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
LOL.

If there is one thing we all should have learned from the lockout. Players love money.

They are not walking away from anything.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think some of the players already have. And I'm talking about the Packers' OL. I thought I heard (didn't see the game) that they gave up EIGHT sacks in one quarter, last night. Could that be right? And if it is, I'm sure Green Bay were using replacement offensive linemen. So I'm sure when all the GB fans were saying the game was a joke, they were probably talking about their OL. JMO.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I think some of the players already have. And I'm talking about the Packers' OL. I thought I heard (didn't see the game) that they gave up EIGHT sacks in one quarter, last night. Could that be right? And if it is, I'm sure Green Bay were using replacement offensive linemen. So I'm sure when all the GB fans were saying the game was a joke, they were probably talking about their OL. JMO.

Not sure it was in one quarter however the Seahawks got to Rogers 8 times in the first half. Did not see the entire game however they mentioned the record was 12 sacks in a game.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
With all the BS occurring each & every game, I wonder at some point the players walk out on strike? Or can they with a CBA? Just a thought

That would be totally idiotic and of course not a chance in H--- that could happen. Everyone wants the refs back but not at any cost. Everything has a value of some sorts and that includes the old refs. You do not give them anything they want as in the big scheme of things they are not that important to most people lives. Having a job, good health are things worth fighting for but losing your good health or job compared with a football call by a referee does not count for very much in most people's lives. This will not go down as a major event in a history book 10 years from now. Our economy may very well just do that and really effect your life.

I am not sure I would even take the replacement refs job as all the abuse they take goes beyond the pale. Their lives could even be in danger from some idiot fan who takes a loss to seriously. You would think WWIII had just broken out. This is football people. Get over it. Life will go on and we will have winners and losers no matter who is refereeing the game. The losers will be unhappy and may blame the refs and the winners will shout we won just like the Seattle Coach is saying. I think I read that about $300 million dollars exchanged hands on that last play in Vegas. Now those betters have a big reason to be happy or be sad.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave