We wouldnt be 3-0 with Peyton at the wheel

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
If Manning came to Arizona we wouldn't be in the position we are. The offense would have more chemistry issues than now and its quite probable that we would have lost to NE due to that.

I'm ecstatic for Kolb's success and I hope that it continues. Also his success sets the Cards up better long term than Manning.

I'm curious as to what you think......

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I think this is one of the strangest threads I have seen started. But for some strange reason, I agree.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never thought IDE say it but I'm perfectly content with Kolb right now.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We wouldn't be 3-0 with Peyton? How can you really say this? You truly have no idea and this is the epitome of conjecture.

That said, I was always Team Kolb.

A fan who cares

Veteran
Reaction score
We wouldn't be 3-0 with Peyton? How can you really say this? You truly have no idea and this is the epitome of conjecture.

I think he's basing it on Peyton's performances thus far. It's been below his normal standard, and worse than Kolb's been. 3 Interceptions in one quarter... Kolb hasn't thrown an INT once yet

thephoenixson28

All Star
Reaction score
Manning doesn't have the receivers we have. Roberts has been pretty good lately, not to mention Heap. Our defense is what mostly won us our games.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Manning doesn't have the receivers we have. Roberts has been pretty good lately, not to mention Heap. Our defense is what mostly won us our games.
as was DEN's D last year. Haven't watched them this year so I couldn't comment. I think our biggest surprise this season is our line, decimated by injuries in camp/preseason, has significantly IMPROVED. Who on earth could have said they saw that coming???

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I just wish we could put Peyton's mind and football knowledge into Kolb's body right now. Manning's passes have no zip, Kolb's do. And I agree that Manning doesn't have the receivers we do, but that hasn't been Manning's problem. The INT's he threw this past week (and the week before) were to guys who had separation, but he lofted some hideous ducks over the middle on several of them. Against Atlanta (who granted is a very good team right now) he had something like 3 picks out of his first 7 drop-backs. Kolb hasn't thrown one yet.

Another thing is, despite what everyone says about our Oline, it still isn't good. I'm not saying it's the worst, and it's certainly better than I expected, but it still isn't good. People may hate this, but Kolb has been athletic enough to hop around back there and get away from the rush (at times) to make plays (even if it's only a short gain). Put Peyton back there in those instances and he's getting hammered repeatedly.

Top NFL Passer Ratings

1. Matt Ryan 114.0
2. Ben Roethlisberger 109.2
3. Kevin Kolb 108.6

19. Peyton Manning 85.6

Believe me, this is not a post I ever thought I'd write.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Thats like saying the top 4 in the Premier League table are Fulham, QPR, Stoke, and Southampton after 1 match. And Man U is 12th Obviously I want Kolb to succeed. Hes my quarterback. But you guys arent very good with levity, are you???? Its been 3 weeks.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Thats like saying the top 4 in the Premier League table are Fulham, QPR, Stoke, and Southampton after 1 match. And Man U is 12th Obviously I want Kolb to succeed. Hes my quarterback. But you guys arent very good with levity, are you???? Its been 3 weeks.

you can only base your stats off the games played. He sure looked better against SEA than Rodgers is now... one drive, one TD

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Manning came to Arizona we wouldn't be in the position we are. The offense would have more chemistry issues than now and its quite probable that we would have lost to NE due to that.

I'm ecstatic for Kolb's success and I hope that it continues. Also his success sets the Cards up better long term than Manning.

I'm curious as to what you think......

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Both teams have played Home, Away, and Home.

Denver is 1-2 having 77 points for and 77 points against. (Steelers, Falcons, and Texans)

Arizona is 3-0 having 67 points for and 40 points against. (Seahawks, Patriots, and Eagles)

I believe with Peyton we'd have scored as many or more points and our defense would have been just as tough so I believe we'd still be 3-0.

:shrug:

OP
OP
Stronso

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score

Of course its conjecture......we will never know for certain do we....

Of course, any opinion or "educated" guess you put forth is just getting pulled out of your ass as well

Just a topic for debate and discussion. Nothing more or less

RE: Kolb - I have always maintained that he is the better QB between him and Skelton. John could win us some games but KK can take us to the playoffs and beyond

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Denver is 1-2 having 77 points for and 77 points against. (Steelers, Falcons, and Texans)

Arizona is 3-0 having 67 points for and 40 points against. (Seahawks, Patriots, and Eagles)

I believe with Peyton we'd have scored as many or more points and our defense would have been just as tough so I believe we'd still be 3-0.

how many points have opponents scored and been set-up to score on turnovers? How about time of possession too? There's more to it than just points scored

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think Fulham might be there to stay. They look pretty good so far.

Back to regular programming.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

:yeahthat:

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
Impossible to say. Peyton is also throwing to crap WRs in Denver instead of Fitz.

With Peyton, we'd move the ball better but have more turn overs right now most likely. Impossible to say whether we still win or lose any of the first 3 games if they were higher scoring on both ends.