Butler

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
He would never admit it, but LB coach Keith Butler has to be kicking himself for turning down the Cards job, twice. While he's sitting there in Pitts waiting for Lebeau to retire, Horton is getting monumental praise and will likely become a HC next year. The other thing is, Pitts defense is getting old, so when Lebeau does step away, he'll be leaving a defense in transition and Butler will probably get the heat for the falloff in production.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I don't think he turned it down. I am pretty sure the Steelers have blocked him from interviewing twice.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As I recall, I don't think he was allowed to interview for the job because he was under contract. I think Whisenhunt was denied permission to interview him but Horton's contract had expired.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Have been thinking the exact same thing. Maybe third times a charm with Butler....

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh. I don't think he's worrying too much about it. Provided he gets the DC gig in Pittsburgh he's got a pretty good career path. There really isn't a higher profile DC position.

OP
OP
Cbus cardsfan

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Pitts burgh, I think only denied him once. He turned it down at least once. He cited medical reasons, or he was having surgery. Something like that. The first time we ended up with Bill Davis :shock:.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Pitts burgh, I think only denied him once. He turned it down at least once. He cited medical reasons, or he was having surgery. Something like that. The first time we ended up with Bill Davis :shock:.

God. I had mentally blocked that particular era. :mulli:

CHAPTER 7

Registered
Reaction score
Not that I don't want coaches being promoted. But man, we need some stabililty to keep our coaches. Always rebuilding the chemistry between coaches/schemes and players.