The Rest Of The Schedule

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We're 3-0 for the first time in nearly forever. As most said in another thread, the best we could have hoped for was 2-1 but this is great. Now comes a critical time in the season where we play some opponents most would consider beatable. Let's look at them:

9/30 vs. Dolphins-Rookie QB and a shaky team all around. Lost a very winnable game for them when they blew a lead against the Jets. There's nothing about this team that scares me. Even their kicker sucks. We should win this game at home but you know that 'any given Sunday' stuff can rear it's ugly head at any time.

10/4 @Rams-Divisional game and their defense isn't bad. Their offensive line is worse than ours right now and Bradford is looking more and more like he isn't the QB they thought he'd be. Not a bust but certainly not worthy of the #1 pick. Jackson is hurt again too. Should win this game but divisional games are always tough.

10/14 vs Bills-Decent defense and an explosive offense. Just don't know where their running game is going to be by this game because Jackson's been hurt and Spiller got hurt today. Fitzpatrick is a good QB. Now, they got stomped week 1 by a mediocre Jets offense and their 2 wins were over teams not really worth bragging about but we get them after they get a real pissed off Patriots team and the 49ers. If there is a loss in this stretch, this could be it.

10/21 @ Vikings-They beat SF today and that's no joke. Otherwise, nothing scary about this team offensively or defensively. We should win this game but we don't play well in Minnesota.

Now, with these 4 games, we could conceivably be 7-0 going into a tough stretch. In reality, I wouldn't be upset being 5-2 after this but say for giggles we are 7-0. Looking at the last 9 games, we're in for some tough games. 2 against the 49ers, GB, Jets, Detroit, Chicago, are all loseable games but if by soem miracle we come out of the box 7-0, going 10-6 is a real possibility and that gets us into the playoffs. Agree?

Last edited:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Jersey, Detroit and Chicago look very winnable now.
:stick:
What makes Chicago look more winnable?

No joke: They are who we thought they were. A good, fairly balanced team with a douche at QB who likes to throw red zone INTs. I've seen nothing to make me think they're not a 9 or 10 win team.

Detroit doesn't look like the team they're supposed to be, though. Boy, they're a mess. The Jets always seemed beatable.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What makes Chicago look more winnable?

No joke: They are who we thought they were. A good, fairly balanced team with a douche at QB who likes to throw red zone INTs. I've seen nothing to make me think they're not a 9 or 10 win team.

Detroit doesn't look like the team they're supposed to be, though. Boy, they're a mess. The Jets always seemed beatable.
Their o-line. Cutler's rating of 58.6.

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Your analysis is correct. We need to take each game one at a time. I hope we continue to not get respect. We feed off it. Makes us hungry and prove the naysayers wrong.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
EVERY single game is tough. There are no easy wins. I sincerely hope this team treats every opponent like it's the Superbowl because that is the only way a team can stay consistent and win with every Sunday and get to the Superbowl!

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The game that scares me is the Vikings game. Our wins there have been few & FAR apart! I can't even remember the last time we won in Minnesota. Let's hope that their win against the Niners was an aberration.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
traptraptraptrap
traptraptraptrap
traptraptraptrap
traptraptraptrap
traptraptraptrap

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's great but I'm not going to get too amped up over the start of the season. I want to wait until they lose or Kolb has a bad game or they get blown out... etc. Then I'll see how they respond the following week.

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
The Bills are probably the least likely loss off that list. They are quite possibly the worst road team in the NFL and the fact they will be traveling west with a turnover prone offense makes it even more likely to be a win.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I feel very very uncomfortable. It just seems very awkward to be so positive and consider our Cards to be favored to win so many games. It seems more appropriate to just downplay our "luck" and let everyone continue to ignore and overlook us. This new feeling of confidence and recognition is extremely disturbing to my psyche.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bills are probably the least likely loss off that list.
The Bills aren't that bad.

Parity seems to be at an all time high in the NFL right now, IMO. I don't think that's a bad thing. Makes for exciting football.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
We're 3-0 for the first time in nearly forever. As most said in another thread, the best we could have hoped for was 2-1 but this is great. Now comes a critical time in the season where we play some opponents most would consider beatable. Let's look at them:

9/30 vs. Dolphins-Rookie QB and a shaky team all around. Lost a very winnable game for them when they blew a lead against the Jets. There's nothing about this team that scares me. Even their kicker sucks. We should win this game at home but you know that 'any given Sunday' stuff can rear it's ugly head at any time.

10/4 @Rams-Divisional game and their defense isn't bad. Their offensive line is worse than ours right now and Bradford is looking more and more like he isn't the QB they thought he'd be. Not a bust but certainly not worthy of the #1 pick. Jackson is hurt again too. Should win this game but divisional games are always tough.

10/14 vs Bills-Decent defense and an explosive offense. Just don't know where their running game is going to be by this game because Jackson's been hurt and Spiller got hurt today. Fitzpatrick is a good QB. Now, they got stomped week 1 by a mediocre Jets offense and their 2 wins were over teams not really worth bragging about but we get them after they get a real pissed off Patriots team and the 49ers. If there is a loss in this stretch, this could be it.

10/21 @ Vikings-They beat SF today and that's no joke. Otherwise, nothing scary about this team offensively or defensively. We should win this game but we don't play well in Minnesota.

Now, with these 4 games, we could conceivably be 7-0 going into a tough stretch. In reality, I wouldn't be upset being 5-2 after this but say for giggles we are 7-0. Looking at the last 9 games, we're in for some tough games. 2 against the 49ers, GB, Jets, Detroit, Chicago, are all loseable games but if by soem miracle we come out of the box 7-0, going 10-6 is a real possibility and that gets us into the playoffs. Agree?

Miami - Looks like a trap game. They have an ok defense, and we play St Louis the week after. If we aren't careful they could come in a punch us in the mouth. Our offense looked fine while we were playing w/ a lead, but who knows what can happen if we have to play from behind.

Rams - Will be physical game w/ a short week and it is away. This could be a statement game.

Bills - Long week which helps, but the Bills have a defensive line that could give us problems. Up in the air.

Vikings - Playing against Minn is no joke, especially on the road and with San Fran the following week. Ugh.

and the rest gets even tougher. I stand by my 9-7 claim as there are no freebies in the NFL and our offense still has quite a bit to prove.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No possibility...he's done!
hastheball.gif

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Bills all of a sudden have problems at RB. Fred Jackson goes down and CJ Spiller comes in and tears it up then he gets hurt. Yes Gailey is saying that it doesn't look that bad but a shoulder injury on a running back isn't something to scoff at.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I feel very very uncomfortable. It just seems very awkward to be so positive and consider our Cards to be favored to win so many games. It seems more appropriate to just downplay our "luck" and let everyone continue to ignore and overlook us. This new feeling of confidence and recognition is extremely disturbing to my psyche.

I'd be more positive if the regular refs hadn't come back. Luckily we're at home but then the refs haven't even cut us any slack in our house.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose