Premier League Final Sunday

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Every match of the final weekend in the EPL will be televised in the US this Sunday on 9 Fox-owned stations plus ESPN2.

As most of you know, all matches of the final week are played at the same time to better prevent shenanigans. The matches start at 10:00 AM EDT.

There will also be live look-ins and cutaways. Lots of teams fighting for the title, European qualification and Premier League survival. It's going to be great!

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
Looking forward to it.

Our season ended when Everton knocked us out the cup so it will be nice to be playing ina game that matters on Sunday.

Got some inlaws up staying who are Man u fans so will take them to the match with me. Can't see man city slipping up mind.

Can see the scum topping off what has been a great season (fair play to them like) in beating Everton. Can both spurs and arsenal win too...?!? Could be interesting.

Its Blackburn and Bolton for the drop for for my money.

cardfaninfl

Demographically significant
Reaction score
Fulham with a top-half finish, Dempsey's 50th Premier goal, victory for the home fans in Craven Cottage and now a chance to spoil a Tottenham top-four finish.

Great season for that group of over-achievers. Bitter-sweet with the end in sight. With the probable departure of Duece, the Whites will no longer have the US player appeal I enjoyed for 10+ years.

Oh well. Never felt completely comfortable cheering for an owner with a weird affection for cravats and Michael Jackson.

OP
OP
Renz

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
For the first time in US television history, nine live games from the most dramatic day in soccer are being carried on one family of outlets. On Sunday, May 13, the final day of action from the Barclays Premier League, FOX Sports Media Group (FSMG) will present the best in international soccer, as England’s top teams compete for financial survival, hardware and European honors.

Led by FX, FOX’s fully-distributed cable powerhouse, FSMG networks SPEED, FSN, FUEL TV, FOX Soccer, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes, along with digital platforms FOXSoccer.com and FOX Soccer 2Go, are carrying all nine matches live at 10:00 AM ET.

Pre-match coverage begins at 9:30 AM ET on all networks with the exception of SPEED, with all outlets carrying post-match coverage of this hallmark event. FX anchors halftime coverage. Pre-match, halftime and post-match coverage (English) is hosted by Rob Stone, with analysis from Eric Wynalda, Warren Barton and Brian McBride.

All FSMG outlets are showing the Barclays Premier League trophy presentation following the day’s events along with highlights from all 10 Survival Sunday games.

Today FSMG announced its full lineup for Survival Sunday, highlighted by Manchester United’s must-win match at Sunderland to keep its title hopes alive on FX and in Spanish on FOX Deportes. Arsenal, Tottenham and Newcastle United are currently behind Manchester City and Manchester United in the race for highly lucrative UEFA Champions League positions.

All three clubs fight for their place among the elite on Survival Sunday, with Arsenal traveling to West Bromwich Albion on FSN, Tottenham hosting Fulham and American superstar Clint Dempsey on FOX Soccer, and Newcastle battling Everton carried by FOXSoccer.com.

Chelsea faces recently-relegated Blackburn Rovers on SPEED ahead of their 2012 UEFA Champions League Final clash with Bayern Munich (May 19/FOX Sports). Liverpool looks to rebound from FA Cup disappointment at Swansea City on FUEL TV, while Bolton must win at Stoke City to stay alive in the Barclays Premier League (FOX Soccer Plus).

The Man City/QPR game I think will be on ESPN2.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I guess I'll be frickin' recording the Spurs game to watch later that night :(

I wish they would broadcast more games online. That's where the future is.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I wish they would broadcast more games online. That's where the future is.

I disagree. You can't DVR shows or games shown online, and if you want to look for replays of games, well, good luck doing so without finding out the score on the way. I'm so pissed. One of the three most important games of the weekend, and it will not be broadcast. Blech.

OP
OP
Renz

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
I disagree. You can't DVR shows or games shown online, and if you want to look for replays of games, well, good luck doing so without finding out the score on the way. I'm so pissed. One of the three most important games of the weekend, and it will not be broadcast. Blech.

I thought that was weird also. Why not show Chelsea/Blackburn or Liverpool/Swansea online? Those matches are basically meaningless.

I guess that Fox thinks more US fans want to watch the glamour teams like Chelsea and Liverpool more than NUFC/Everton. Pretty lame.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Look to ESPN3. It has full DVR features and they store the games on their website up to 90 days.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only if you have certain internet providers though. It works on Cox but not on Qwest.

I wasn't debating the fact that some ISP's do not offer the games at this time..... more the fact that online matches can't share DVR features.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only if certain games have the replay feature, which most don't--most are 'live only'--and only if certain games are played on ESPN3--most aren't.

Only a select few of EPL games are set to live only. Even those games set to live only have DVR features. As those games come on too early in the morning for me to watch them, I'll fire up the Xbox 360 at 6am in the morning and use the DVR features to rewind to the beginning of the game. I can continue watching the game whenever I choose.

Also, games from La Liga, Bundesliga, Eredivisie, etc can all be watched later and are not set to live only.

Stout

Reaction score
Only a select few of EPL games are set to live only. Even those games set to live only have DVR features. As those games come on too early in the morning for me to watch them, I'll fire up the Xbox 360 at 6am in the morning and use the DVR features to rewind to the beginning of the game. I can continue watching the game whenever I choose.

Also, games from La Liga, Bundesliga, Eredivisie, etc can all be watched later and are not set to live only.

So there's a separate DVR feature that is not linked to the replay feature? Interesting. You said you have to rewind the game, though? Wouldn't you have to do the 'look away so I don't ruin it' thing then? Or do you mean just watch it directly from the beginning. I love ESPN3 in that it doesn't give away scores, so you won't give spoilers. The problem is that yes, like you said, a lot of games can be watched later...if they are on ESPN3 at all. On any given game day, there are one, maybe two matches from the Premiership on ESPN3, and that's it. I don't watch the other leagues.

Granted, maybe someday everything will be online, but we'll be long dead before that happens. The networks and other channels will not give up their choke hold on the industry for a loooooong time.

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
Crazy that they would put a meaningless game on ahead of the skunks game. I mean, who cares if it's Liverpool, people want to watch games that matter and in this case also a better team in the mags this season.

Stout

Reaction score
Okay, so Newcastle can possibly finish third, but their realistic hopes for the Champions League lie in finishing 4th, and having Chelsea lose in Munich. All that needs to happen is for Tottenham to draw with Fulham and Newcastle to win over Everton. Not out of the realm of possibility...except Dempsey is out with a groin injury now!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Unbelievable ending for Manchester City. Down 2-1 in extra time they score two goals to win the title.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
Good thing West Brom had to play their backup keeper because he gifted Arsenal 2 goals and didn't do great on the 3rd either. That was a stressful 90 minutes.

Spurs won and Newcastle lost to finish 4th and 5th respectively. Liverpool finish all the way down at 8th.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

The tackle that saved 3rd for Arsenal

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm so glad I watched the Man City game. Epic finish. I was telling my wife that they still had it in them and pointed to the Sunderland finish as proof. I loved when they cut away to Old Trafford and showed Sir Alex and the look on his face after he found out that Man City scored 2 in extra time.

Congrats to Man City.

Stout

Reaction score
What an incredible end to the season! I'm disappointed the Magpies lost at Everton, but winning would not have upped our position, and we didn't lose anything by it.