Marvel's The Avengers

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loved it. Watching all 6 back to back was fantastic--especially since I had only seen one of them prior to that day...it was like a 12-hour movie with intermissions. LOVED IT. My back/behind didn't recover until today finally, but it was worth it. Great movies; loved them all.

Harkins said they'll be doing one for Batman as well this summer,and dcr & I have already decided we'll be there.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I played hookie on Friday afternoon and watched in 3D. Loved it!!!!!! Josh did a great job of bringing them all together for the final action piece.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked it better than the Dark Knight. The more I watch the Dark Knight, the more Bale's mush mouth Batman annoys me.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty damn good movie! Enjoyed it a lot as did the kiddos!

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Saw this yesterday with some buddies snd it was PURE AWESOMENESS! I did not know Joss wrote the screenplay and directed until the credits...which was the cherry on top for me. Cabin in the Woods and the Avengers....it's the summer of Joss (maybe a Serenity sequel can finally get some traction!) This is the perfect start to the blockbuster season and I'm looking forward to seeing it again with my better half.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Damn good fun at the movies. I didn't expect that much comedy but there was a good combination of inside jokes for comic book geeks and typical Whedon humor. The action was very good. In short it was everything you would want in a summer blockbuster

For those that haven't seen it yet or are plan on seeing it again, make sure you stay through a portion of the credits because they reveal the villain for the next Avengers movie

THANOS!!!

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those that haven't seen it yet or are plan on seeing it again, make sure you stay through a portion of the credits because they reveal the villain for the next Avengers movie

THANOS!!!
The movie also seems to set up the "civil war" storyline about registering heroes with the government.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Out-friggin'-standing!!! Saw it at the Deer Valley AMC 30 IMAX 3D and it was simply 5 star in its genre. Loved the humor in that it didn't take itself too seriously and the action sequences were spectacular!!!

I would love to see it in real IMAX instead of "Mini-IMAX," though.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
Initially approached to contribute official army vehicles, the military declined. The ambiguity of S.H.I.E.L.D., the fictional international agency which assembles the superheroes, posed a problem for government officials because they weren’t clear how it stacked up to their own armed forces.

“We couldn’t reconcile the unreality of this international organization and our place in it,” Phil Strub, the Defense Department’s Hollywood liaison, said in an interview with Wired's Danger Room. “To whom did S.H.I.E.L.D. answer? Did we work for S.H.I.E.L.D.? We hit that roadblock and decided we couldn’t do anything with the film.”

http://entertainment.msnbc.msn.com/

Thought this was funny.

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
Saw this on Saturday with my brother.

Loved the movie.

When was the 2nd extra scene? After the first extra scene I left.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Saw this on Saturday with my brother.

Loved the movie.

When was the 2nd extra scene? After the first extra scene I left.

They were eating schwarma together in a restaurant. No dialogue. They looked exhausted.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
They filmed the final end credits scene literally 2 days AFTER the UK premiere. Robert Downey Jr. spilled the beans and Joss wasn't too happy about that.

Chris Evans had a big bushy beard apparently in the scene, that's why he kinda hides his face. I believe he was wearing some sort of prosthetic on his face, but it probably wasn't a very good one. The filmmakers said the one thing that made everyone crack up is the huge bite of schwarma that Chris Hemsworth (Thor) took.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They filmed the final end credits scene literally 2 days AFTER the UK premiere. Robert Downey Jr. spilled the beans and Joss wasn't too happy about that.

Chris Evans had a big bushy beard apparently in the scene, that's why he kinda hides his face. I believe he was wearing some sort of prosthetic on his face, but it probably wasn't a very good one. The filmmakers said the one thing that made everyone crack up is the huge bite of schwarma that Chris Hemsworth (Thor) took.

my favorite part of that was everyone sitting there in their civies eating... except for Thor... who was still dressed in his Asgard garb.

whedon did a really incredibly job of bringing a comic book to life. I still thought the beginning was a little slow and was never quite mesmerized by the story like i was TDK or felt it had the balls to the wall pacing of the first Spidey or Iron Man... nor had everything Superman 2 had, but it was a pretty damn good popcorn flick and I'm just happy that someone finally NAILED the Hulk.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
my favorite part of that was everyone sitting there in their civies eating... except for Thor... who was still dressed in his Asgard garb.

whedon did a really incredibly job of bringing a comic book to life. I still thought the beginning was a little slow and was never quite mesmerized by the story like i was TDK or felt it had the balls to the wall pacing of the first Spidey or Iron Man... nor had everything Superman 2 had, but it was a pretty damn good popcorn flick and I'm just happy that someone finally NAILED the Hulk.

Popcorn flick hell! Way better than either Spiderman...waaaay better. I would watch this any day in the week over TDK. TDK had great directing and setting, one of the most incredible villains ever...and a really awful, crappy, and altogether unacceptable Batman.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Popcorn flick hell! Way better than either Spiderman...waaaay better. I would watch this any day in the week over TDK. TDK had great directing and setting, one of the most incredible villains ever...and a really awful, crappy, and altogether unacceptable Batman.

agree to disagree.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:thumbup: At the very least, it's not a popcorn flick. Best opening weekend ever? Yeah, not a popcorn flick.

Are you kidding me Stout? Popcorn flicks are EXACTLY the type of pics that get Best weekend's ever. Jurassic Park... Harry Potter... Transformer 2 or 3... I mean, seriously, was Transformers 2 and 3 NOT popcorn flicks because they made insane amounts of money? The Avengers is the very definition of a popcorn flick... same as Star Wars, Indiana Jones are popcorn flicks. Maybe you take that as some kind of slight, but i don't. making a four quadrant blockbuster crowd pleaser is one of the most difficult things in this business to pull off and this movie pulled it off in spades. It's the ULTIMATE popcorn flick.

Last edited:

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Are you kidding me Stout? Popcorn flicks are EXACTLY the type of pics that get Best weekend's ever. Jurassic Park... Harry Potter... Transformer 2 or 3... I mean, seriously, was Transformers 2 and 3 NOT popcorn flicks because they made insane amounts of money? The Avengers is the very definition of a popcorn flick... same as Star Wars, Indiana Jones are popcorn flicks. Maybe you take that as some kind of slight, but i don't. making a four quadrant blockbuster crowd pleaser is one of the most difficult things in this business to pull off and this movie pulled it off in spades. It's the ULTIMATE popcorn flick.

Have to agree. The Last Station ain't pullin' in a billion dollars.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is 93% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes. Which is the exact same freshness as the Dark Knight.

It is the equal of that film, just a different take on the genre (4 color versus dark)

It is FAR more difficult to put together a believable film in a 4 color mold. It can come across as popcorny. This film wasn't corny at all.

I believe it stands high above any of the Spidermen so far, which were horrible from a fanboy perspective.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson