Coyotes vs Kings round 3 2012 Western Conference Finals

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here we go, winner goes to the Stanley Cup. Both teams have had outstanding play from their goalies this postseason. This series could very well go seven games as the teams each won three games against each other this year.

You must be registered for see images

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
NHL is just waiting on the Caps/Rangers series. Even if it ended tomorrow, you figure 2 days between so that would put Saturday as the first day.

I figure the west will start first since they ended first.

This is going to be a phenomenal series. Someone on TV or radio mentioned that if it was a PHX/LA WCF no one on the east coast would watch.. They're foolish if they don't. If anyone likes hockey, this will be the series to watch.

A few keys to the series..

• Gm1 is going to be very important as neither team has trailed a series in the PO's
  • Protect home ice, obviously, as both teams win on the road.
  • Both teams and goalies are playing their best hockey. Even the smallest mistake could cost a game.
  • Win the PP battle as both have been solid.
  • Score first.
  • I expect a lot of fore-checking, hitting and defense.
  • If either team goes up 2-0, it will be very difficult for the other to come back.
The Yotes finished off the Hawks in 6 and the Preds in 5... Hmm, a trend?

The Kings really haven't been challenged at all since they've pretty much dominated the Canucks and Blues. This is why I hope the Yotes can get the lead in the series to see how the Kings respond.

I really think whoever wins this series wins the Cup.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The Kings eliminated Vancouver in 5 and St. Louis in 4, so I'm thinking they'll beat Phoenix in 3.

:)

i'm cool with this because if the kings only win 3 that means the coyotes win the series in 7!

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Rangers are down 2-0 after the 2nd period. If Washington hangs on the Coyotes will most likely start their series with the Kings on Sunday.

wilycoyote24

All Star
Reaction score
Apparently the result of tonight's game was irrelevant. Game one is Sunday... or so I have read.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like Game 1 is Sunday 5pm, which likely puts Game 2 on Tue/Wed

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like Game 1 is Sunday 5pm, which likely puts Game 2 on Tue/Wed

Makes sense since the Caps/Rangers series will be over Saturday and the West teams were first to finish. Gm2 should be Tuesday then. based on the 1-2 days between.

Although the 5p start time is odd if they want to attract the east coast. Maybe they don't want to compete w/ the NBA??

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
The stanley cup finals doesn't go by seeding - it goes by record

As such, the coyotes would only have home ice against the caps ....... both the devils and rangers would have home ice over phoenix

Regardless of what happens in the phx/la series I'm hoping for the caps

5pm local is 8pm eastern - it's a good time to start the game ....... makes it not as late of a night locally and will allow the game to typically be over by 11pm eastern

I don't have an issue with that start time

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, So glad the Phlyers ponied up that 51M of cash for Ilya Bryzgalov, I wouldn't mind having Danny Briere back though... :D

My friends and fam are on FIRE about Bryz. He let quite a few weak goals get by him during the Devils series, but that shouldn't be surprising to anyone here.

Sad thing is Philly has him for a bunch more years. Talk about a dumb move.

But, like I said, go Coyotes!!!!

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My friends and fam are on FIRE about Bryz. He let quite a few weak goals get by him during the Devils series, but that shouldn't be surprising to anyone here.

Sad thing is Philly has him for a bunch more years. Talk about a dumb move.

But, like I said, go Coyotes!!!!

Bryz- $10mil 3.46 GAA and .887SV% in playoffs

Smitty- $2mil 1.77GAA and .948SV% in playoffs

Playing in the WCF, priceless.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when the hell are they going to announce the rest of the schedule?! Oucheese want to go watch the Yotes melt Staples Center!

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
As it should be. The Yotes CAN beat them, but until somebody DOES beat them, LA looks awfully good for the cup. Vancouver was kind of a mess in my opinion, but sweeping the Blues was crazy-good. But that all can change in two games at the dot-com, so

GO YOTES!!!

Meh... Once the Yotes beat the Blues in STL 4-1, I started to wonder how good they really were. I mean STL was still playing for top seed in the west.

Yotes have had a more difficult path thus far, imo. Both the Hawks and Preds (not as much) were picked to play for the cup. Don't think anyone had picked the Blues..

First game will be a huge key to the series.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
when the hell are they going to announce the rest of the schedule?! Oucheese want to go watch the Yotes melt Staples Center!

I'd reckon it'll follow the regular format with one day between at location and 2 days for travel.

Gm1 - Sunday
Gm2 - Tuesday
Gm3 - Friday
Gm4 - Sunday

who knows..

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave