Cards May Sign WR By Monday/Tuesday

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It's offseason and it's a fairly entertaining thread and who knows, it might actually find it's way back to on-topic status.

Steve

It's by far the most entertaining thread I've read this year. I question it's relevance however. Don't get me wrong, I don't want it to be deleted, I'm just saying the facade of impartiality is, well, a facade, because if it hadn't been posted by Gee it would have been deleted. Had I posted it, much fun would have ensued, for about 37 minutes, before it was relegated to the trash bin. :D

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Gee gets in an April Fools joke. I'm so slow and mentally deficient it's ridiculous.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Gee has never led me wrong; I am sure we will sign someone, soon.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
He signed with the Redskins, Cardinals waited too long. RG3 threw to him at his pro day and fell in love throwing to him, as did the Cards scout.

He was going to work out for the Cards tomorrow, but the Cards decided to let him go to the Skins first, and all he wanted to do was be a Card....Cards missed out.

If you need a late round WR for fantasy this year draft Brian Hernandez for the skins, he is going to play the Welker role in their offense with Garçon and Moss/Morgan playing outside.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He signed with the Redskins, Cardinals waited too long. RG3 threw to him at his pro day and fell in love throwing to him, as did the Cards scout.

He was going to work out for the Cards tomorrow, but the Cards decided to let him go to the Skins first, and all he wanted to do was be a Card....Cards missed out.

If you need a late round WR for fantasy this year draft Brian Hernandez for the skins, he is going to play the Welker role in their offense with Garçon and Moss/Morgan playing outside.

So for a fantasy league you want someone to grab possible #4 WR on the depth chart playing with a rookie QB??? You win fantasy very often??

Also if ALL he wanted was to be a card he would have come back and given the cards a chance. But Im willing to bet that with the WR corps as it stands the kid would have been camp fodder here. He knew it and bolted.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
Hahaha, ya I win fantasy plenty. Not saying he is going to be your #1.

The reason he signed in Washington before coming back was because of his relationship with RG3 and they offered a lot more money than the Cards were willing to.

But I'd gladly bet he beats both Doucet and Roberts stats wise this year and we will have wished he was here instead of there playing our 3rd spot behind Fitz/Floyd...I wont even compare him our 5 & 6 or camp fodder for the bet.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
Broke his ankle senior year, played CFL for 2, won back to back titles in the UFL with the Las Vegas Locomotives....and caught a break by getting to be the other WR for RG3's pro day and after that was offered contracts and workouts by Seattle, Rams, Bears, Dolphins....then worked out for the Redskins this weekend and they offered more than the Cards said they would after Rookie Camp starting tomorrow.

Watch the RG3 pro day he is the only white WR. 6'1 190 ran a 4.44 with a 38" vertical.

I knew I would take **** for this but, just wait....when Doucet can't stay healthy and Roberts struggles as a 3 (which as a Cards fan I sure as hell hope they both tear it up, just being realistic)...we will wish we figured out a way to bring him in earlier or make him want to come back here before making a decision.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The same guy who hasn't been able to stick with a NFL team for five years since he left college.

Sort of like Kurt Warner who took 5 years after college to finally get a gig as a third string QB in the NFL?

Sorry couldn't help it. There hasn't been a "but what about Kurt Warner (or Tom Brady)" post for awhile.

:D

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
I live in Canada.
I watch the CFL.

I've never heard of him.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Meh...cards have plenty receivers...

The 49ers have plenty of receivers

We have 3. maybe 4.

Fitz, Floyd and Early. Thats our 1, 2 and slot. Andre can trade off with Early. Aside from them, we can cut our entire WRs corps, they all suck. Im done with the stephen Williams experiment. I dont care if he was 9ft tall, the dude sucks. None of them seem to be able to perform in game at all.

The one thing we are missing is a deep threat. We need to go find the fastest WR out there and sign him. Even if we never throw him the ball, he'll punch a hole in the D

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Can't we just bring back "sure to be perrenial pro bowl bowler once he gets his chance", WR Lance Long?

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

The reason he signed in Washington before coming back was because of his relationship with RG3 and they offered a lot more money than the Cards were willing to.

But I'd gladly bet he beats both Doucet and Roberts stats wise this year and we will have wished he was here instead of there playing our 3rd spot behind Fitz/Floyd...I wont even compare him our 5 & 6 or camp fodder for the bet.
I'm in what is the bet?? Do we find someone on here that is trustworthy to hold the $$ for us until the seasons over or what?? I'm in up to $50.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
It was me, I was signed by the Cardinals early on. They promised me a chicken fried steak at the end of every game (a contract requirement which is standard in Texas high school football). I would also like to apologize for being the other WR present with Roberts when Manning visited. I dropped a lot of balls and called Manning 'dude with the big forehead' more than once. Oh, they cut me as soon as Floyd was drafted...I still do not know why :)

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Gladly all over this what's the bet? I don't even think your guy will make the skins team barring lots of injuries.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson