Dan Williams looking tubby

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Hey, he's not a bloated butterball like Lutui was coming into camp the last two years.

All Whiz's fault.
:sarcasm:

Whiz yelled at him for getting his head stuck in a honey pot too many times.

You must be registered for see images attach

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I like the fact that he came in at the weight they wanted him to be at. He was playing very well when he got hurt last year. He seemed to be getting better each week.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Half his job as a 3-4 DT is to be fat... The point is to NOT get pushed around.

Dont understand the criticism. He played well before he broke his arm.

Exactly. Big Dan is getting paid not to move. LSH and Patrick Peterson are getting paid to run. Big Dan doesn't look any different from Nick Eason. Also look at the pix of the offensive linemen and imagine trying to hold your ground against TWO of those guys!

Better fat Dan stacking up the line of scrimmage than Bryan Robinson getting shoved back into our linebackers.

OP
OP
Bodha

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You're reaching and over analyzing...

I think the guy actually looks great for his size. He has the extremely solid fat power lifter look unlike most of the other NTs in the league.

eg.

Hampton

Vincefork

You cant compare him to others. They are still dominant while overweight, he is not. Weve seen Dan performs much better at a lower weight. Would you compare him to Ngata? Of course not. 2 vastly different levels of talent.

It is fully possible for an obese person to have good conditioning. Thats the real question, weight really doesnt matter that much. However conditioning is usually connected to how fat you are. The fatter Dan is, the lower motor he has.

Beat reporters say he came in at playing weight, and expecting defined muscle on a 325 pound dumpster, is just funny.
Dockett is 300 pounds. Most pro bodybuilders are pushing 300+ pre-cut and they get shredded around 290.

You must be registered for see images

Aside from the fact that his eyes are closed, he looks in better shape than I have ever seen him, especially considering he is recovering from an injury.
I think he looks fantastic in that pic. Better than he ever has :shrug:

He looked better at his combine. Massive legs on that guy account for probably 70% of his weight, but overall He looks real good there, so theres no excuse.
Guys say "He spose to be fat". Rly? Hes suppose to be an athlete.

lol really? lets take pictures of you running on the beach and comment on how you are not a physical specimen.

backfire. youd be wrong.

Last edited:

HookemCards

Have at you!!!!!
Reaction score
He looks pretty good for NT, especially considering he broke is arm 6 months ago. Really not sure what you are looking for Bodha. You want him down to 290 so he gets single teamed or blown back into the LBs faces? 325 lbs is on the low end of the NT weight spectrum.

Also, how can you assume he's out of condition by the look on his face. Maybe he's squinting because of the sun. Maybe he's on his second mile. Your making alot of assumptions and generalizations. Of course I think most people here have come to expect nothing more from you.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Also, how can you assume he's out of condition by the look on his face. Maybe he's squinting because of the sun. Maybe he's on his second mile. Your making alot of assumptions and generalizations. Of course I think most people here have come to expect nothing more from you.
lol, he could be squinting for the exact reason the OP thinks. It STILL doesn't make him out of shape. The idea behind conditioning is to push yourself until the breaking point. And then pushing farther. If you're not in pain and feel like your lungs are on fire, you're not trying hard enough

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
He showed up to the very first day of conditioning already at his playing weight the cards wanted him to be at.

He showed up to the very first day of conditioning already in the proper condition they wanted him at. He ran multiple 300's yesterday with no problems according to all reports.

I don't see what the issue is. Sounds like an over reaction without having actually read the reports.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He showed up to the very first day of conditioning already at his playing weight the cards wanted him to be at.

He showed up to the very first day of conditioning already in the proper condition they wanted him at. He ran multiple 300's yesterday with no problems according to all reports.

I don't see what the issue is. Sounds like an over reaction without having actually read the reports.

Don't you see?!?! HE LOOKS FAT!!! ARGH!!!! I'M TIRED OF FRONT-OFFICE APOLOGISTS SUGGESTING THAT OUR NOSE TACKLE'S NOT LOOKING LIKE ADONIS ISN'T A MAJOR ISSUE FOR THIS TEAM WHILE THERE ARE STILL 5 MONTHS BEFORE MEANINGFUL FOOTBALL IS PLAYED AGAIN!!!!

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
What? He looks great for him...that is the best he has everlooked IMO...Looks like he is taking his 3rd year seriously to me.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA