Help Understanding This

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I skimmed it this morning on my phone, seemed to me they were trying to limit it so we dont have 500 plates is all. It is a little rediculous.

Beyond that, they are cool but the plates should be state specific so out of towners know or when u are out of town people know where u are from,.

Just a personal preference. I think plates are a waste of money but I am like that.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
R
ep. Steve Farley, D-Tucson, the bill's sponsor, said the state has approved far too many new plate designs and should not be in the business of charity fundraising.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/polit...g-specialty-license-plates.html#ixzz1mfAowIrE

LOL. The State is the biggest charity fundraiser in the country. They force us to collect the taxes for them so they can use our tax dollars to fund the State run charities so what's the problem with them collecting a little money for private charities whose work they'd probably end up funding with tax dollars if the plates weren't providing the money?

Off to P&R.....

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Treefiddy

Richard Cranium
Reaction score
I love how the article is able to put it's own spin on it by leaving out some critical information at the top.

House Bill 2313 would stop production of most existing specialty plates. It would allow those who now have such a plate to renew it but direct their fees to a state fund instead of a charity.

I read the entire article angry that they were just passing this bill to take the extra money for themselves, but that doesn't happen until 2017. Still crap by any means and I expect to see some lawsuits about this. While you can't get a *new* plate, you can renew your current plate probably indefinitely. That means in 2017, the State will be using the Cardinals Logo to generate income while the Cardinals get nothing. That *has* to be against the law.

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have one, you get to keep it. If you want one, order it before Jan 1st of 2013, or it will be too late.

After Jan 1st, a lot (if not all) of the specialty plates will no longer be issued new.

Nice because I do not want to give up my Cardinals plate. If I get a different car do I get to keep the plate? I've always wondered that even before this article.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I love how the article is able to put it's own spin on it by leaving out some critical information at the top.

I read the entire article angry that they were just passing this bill to take the extra money for themselves, but that doesn't happen until 2017. Still crap by any means and I expect to see some lawsuits about this. While you can't get a *new* plate, you can renew your current plate probably indefinitely. That means in 2017, the State will be using the Cardinals Logo to generate income while the Cardinals get nothing. That *has* to be against the law.
no kidding. Wow. So it's an excuse for the state to rob charities for their own gain instead? How nice

redforceone

Veteran
Reaction score
Nice because I do not want to give up my Cardinals plate. If I get a different car do I get to keep the plate? I've always wondered that even before this article.

Yes - you can take your plates with you to a different vehicle.