Sunday Ticket

Alan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I just noticed they are already doing their early bird billing. It seems like this is earlier that usual. Maybe I just haven't noticed. Right now I'm blinded by the $323.94 price tag. Plus the $9.99 for the To-Go service. :bang:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just talked to them...said wudnt be billed till July? Hmmm must check

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I didn't buy it last year. Can't afford it any longer. I found I like watching 2 games at once, so I watch the normal televised games and watch the Cardinals on an internet channel on my monitor. I don't live in Arizona any longer, so have to watch via a website. It is free that way however.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I always head over to my Pop's house to watch the games on Sunday, but hard times have fallen on him since his company declared bankruptcy. I've always felt kind of guilty, since he's a Redskins fan, and I learned how to be loyal to a team from him. But he defers almost every week to watching the Cardinals, whether it's watching them on Sunday Ticket, or driving with me from Vegas down to UoP to see the game in person. He's rarely seen a live Skins game in the past 8 years I've had season tickets.

My point is, being gouged for money this early in the year will probably make him get rid of Sunday Ticket, and miss the last few of his team's games. It's a sad thing. It's just too expensive.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Not to be Debbie downer, but that is the same price as last season.

$330

I HATE to see fellow fans that cannot afford to get the ticket and watch the Cardinals.

When things were tight I used to save my loose change, but then again I had a year where I needed to use the loose change for a higher priority.

Sucks. :(

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe you can set it up on a monthly basis. So if you can negotiate a price of $240 it would be $20 a month and it doesn't hurt as much.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I believe you can set it up on a monthly basis. So if you can negotiate a price of $240 it would be $20 a month and it doesn't hurt as much.
I've had Dtv for over 15 years and did not know that. That is something I am going to look into.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score

Yeah you can usually get deals done with them if you press them enough. (IE: bitch until they lower your price lol)

OP
OP
Alan

Alan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah, so... I'm dumb. I had my account suspended for a couple weeks when I moved, so that charge was actually for the 2011 season.

But! But! The rep did tell me that the NFL Ticket will be a little cheaper in 2012 and the to-go service will be included for free.

We shall see.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Haggle with them. I paid $80 total last year for the Ticket

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haggle with them. I paid $80 total last year for the Ticket

Yeah, I haggled too and paid about half price, then set it up on monthly over 6 mo. Not too bad that way but I am considering not renewing this year... but same as last year, I gave in and did it anyway.

It's just a shock when I have Directv all bundled with with phone, internet etc... hate it when I get my bill.

As a side note, I called Qwest to cancel my land line at home because all I get are calls from telemarketers and politicians anyway. They told me it would be more expensive to drop it because I would lose my bundle. Less service but it will cost more, huh???

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Talk about inflation. My cost was $139 when I started the service in 2001. Like others I threatened to cancel and would have, but they lowered the price to 'only' $229.

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
Every single year I make "the call" ... haggle haggle haggle over Sunday Ticket

Every year it works and they reduce the price quite a bit to keep me.

Treefiddy

Richard Cranium
Reaction score
Did DirectTV renew their contract? I thought 2011 was the last year of exclusivity for NFL Sunday Ticket.

With that in mind, they might be trying to get people signed up much earlier, before cable companies get involved with their pricing.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
This year they said they couldn't give me anything off the Ticket price but they promised me all these discounts on other aspects of my package for 6 months---and that in the end it would amount to saving a couple hundred dollars. So, of course, I agreed. However, after three months the discounts were not applied to my bill and after repeated calls which took way too long, I was told it is what it is and that whoever gave me those discounts was wrong to do so.

What can we do? DirectTV has a monopoly (which I consider un-democratic)---and we either have to accept their terms or rely on The Red Zone on cable---which only cuts in and out.

DirectTV has such a random way of doing business---I've been with them since their inception really---and they still pull fast ones left and right, all while they are trying to sell you on what great a deal it is.

All I can say is---we all should have bought stock in the company. They are RAKING it in---much because of owning the exclusive rights to NFL Sunday Ticket.

Be honest---w/o NFL ST...would any of us be signed up with them?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
This year they said they couldn't give me anything off the Ticket price but they promised me all these discounts on other aspects of my package for 6 months---and that in the end it would amount to saving a couple hundred dollars. So, of course, I agreed. However, after three months the discounts were not applied to my bill and after repeated calls which took way too long, I was told it is what it is and that whoever gave me those discounts was wrong to do so.

What can we do? DirectTV has a monopoly (which I consider un-democratic)---and we either have to accept their terms or rely on The Red Zone on cable---which only cuts in and out.

DirectTV has such a random way of doing business---I've been with them since their inception really---and they still pull fast ones left and right, all while they are trying to sell you on what great a deal it is.

All I can say is---we all should have bought stock in the company. They are RAKING it in---much because of owning the exclusive rights to NFL Sunday Ticket.

Agree. Directv would be severely damaged if they lost the ticket. Of course the NFL probably gouges them as well because they have them over a barrel by giving them exclusive rights. If they don't pay what the NFL wants, they may go under. I wouldn't have DTV if not for the ST. I'm actually surprised the NFL hasn't driven up the price by opening the ticket to other competition.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score

No! I'd dump them for Dish Network in a New York minute. They jack their package prices up every year and 90% of the channels are worthless. They are like going to a restaurant, having to pay $100 for your meal, and eating 10% of it. :mad:

stewdog1

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have never paid full price for the Sunday Ticket. The trick is to get to retention and be nice and be patient.

This year I called three different times and got a deal each time. Suffice to say, I received $425 in credits. You do the math on how much money I saved.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had NFL Sunday ticket every year since it came out until last year. Never paid full price either.

I have to say though.....I didn't miss NFL Sunday ticket one bit which surprised me. I thought I would be agony. There were so many good games on free TV I really didn't notice.

I think the price of the package has gotten out of hand. I can afford it but decided last year that enough was enough.