Seattle media makes their case for Peyton Manning

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal Proffotballtalk,com

Seattle hasn’t been mentioned a lot as a possible landing spot for Peyton Manning, but it probably should be.

They have a quality defense, salary cap room, a first class facility, and an owner that isn’t afraid to spend. (Or stay out of the way.)

They have a quarterback need, but they are flexible enough to wait for Manning to get healthy if that’s what it takes. The Cardinals can’t necessarily wait because they have to pay Kevin Kolb in March. The Dolphins or Redskins may not want to wait for fear of missing out on other options.

Brock Huard of ESPN 710 penned an open letter to Manning explaining why Seattle would be such a perfect fit. A lot of it makes sense. A day later, Dave Boling of the Tacoma News Tribune wrote a column saying the Seahawks should push for Manning.

The biggest fly in the ointment here is the offensive talent in Seattle. The offensive line is young and inconsistent at best in pass protection. The receiver group is jumbled and relies too much on Sidney Rice being healthy.

Then again, other likely Manning suitors like the Redskins and Dolphins have their share of offensive issues. Seattle sounds like a realistic candidate to be in the mix.

If nothing else, Pete Carroll has shown he is not afraid to be aggressive.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The biggest fly in the ointment here is the offensive talent in Seattle. The offensive line is young and inconsistent at best in pass protection. The receiver group is jumbled and relies too much on Sidney Rice being healthy.

Your rain, wind, and open air stadium are problems also. Go back to your coffee now Hags. Stay away from my fantasy.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
here is the letter from Brock

Not much talk about the Cards - had them as a high potential suitor and then dismissed them with a couple other teams that recently made large investments in young (yet potentially shaky) QB prospects

http://mynorthwest.com/422/623661/Brock-Huards-open-letter-to-Peyton-Manning

Fun little diversion for sure .... although I think I'm at about the point of fatigue, after a SB week in Indy, living in a city that is one rumored stop, following a team that is another, having a family full of browns fans - except my younger brother who goes for the dolphins - it's just manning everywhere

and the guy hasn't even been released yet

for now i'm just going to gloss over all this white noise and tune in again right before the draft

Treefiddy

Richard Cranium
Reaction score
To be fair, no one really has the good option of waiting until Manning is healthy to sign him. So sit on that much cap space in Free Agency will only screw you in the long run if you don't get the man you're looking for.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Seattle has a couple hang ups that may get in the way.

1: They have to re-sign Marshawn Lynch.

2: They play outside in questionable weather.

3: Their offensive line has potential but is a bit sketchy.

4: Their wide receiving corp has potential but is sketchy as well.

5: Pete Carroll comes off as a used car salesman.

I think Seattle has as much of a chance as the other favorites, but I don't think they are the ideal spot.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose