Bummed - Peterson Jersey

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ordered a black Patrick Peterson jersey on e-bay. A replica Reebok which I also have as an away Fitz jersey which I like alot.

Received today and what the hell. This is a piece of crap. Seller has all positive feedback and has told me I can return and apologized but this is clearly a knock off that has Reebok tags on it.

I know buyer beware but still bummed anyway. Guess I have to stick with established sites like NFL.com and I would have but they didn't carry it.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered a black Patrick Peterson jersey on e-bay. A replica Reebok which I also have as an away Fitz jersey which I like alot.

Received today and what the hell. This is a piece of crap. Seller has all positive feedback and has told me I can return and apologized but this is clearly a knock off that has Reebok tags on it.

I know buyer beware but still bummed anyway. Guess I have to stick with established sites like NFL.com and I would have but they didn't carry it.

The don't have them, per se, but I just bought my wife a black one from there 2 weeks ago. Just went to the custom jerseys and all I had to do was pick #21. They already had Peterson for a choice on the name, so it was easy, don't think it cost anymore to do that... she loves it.. btw

FlaCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score

Who is the seller? I am looking to get one now on Ebay.....Want to make sure I get a decent one....

OP
OP
P

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Come on man...what did u expect!
You get what u pay for.

Next time buy official.

Wasn't trying to go cheap to be honest. Just trying to get quickly and the established sites didn't have it. It has been returned now. To be honest first bad experience on E-Bay.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
walking around-- you can spot the fake jerseys a mile away

the color is just off, the fabric doesnt look right, etc

as someone who used to work for a company that sold sports licensed apparel --

you generally get what you pay for.

The NFL / Reebok does a pretty good job on the higher end jerseys of limiting production to what will sell. If you see a current player "authentic" jersey for well below normal retail, you can be 99% sure its a fake.

Can you find a Steve Breaston or a Matt Leinart authentic jersey for cheaper than retail? Sure-- but not a Patrick Peterson

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Just FYI Customs has seized THOUSANDS of NFL jerseys in the past year(I am talking individual shipments too not just stuff going for resale), if you get something shipped from China be prepared for the chance that you will lose your money.

OP
OP
P

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just FYI Customs has seized THOUSANDS of NFL jerseys in the past year(I am talking individual shipments too not just stuff going for resale), if you get something shipped from China be prepared for the chance that you will lose your money.

Actually this was from Wisconsin but advertised as Reebok with tags on it.

Who knows where it was manufactured.

The quality was laughable. Not alot of push back from the seller.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I received an order from China about a month ago. The DHL driver said he delivers jerseys all day long. The quality was impeccable! 13 authentic jerseys came to roughly $300. I purchased them before I knew of the crackdown by Customs. The websites are still up and running though.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to have to get me a Peterson jersey to replace the white #21 Metcalf I had which was Terry not Eric. I got that ages ago had it custom made it wasn't official, from some store in Campbell Ca.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I received an order from China about a month ago. The DHL driver said he delivers jerseys all day long. The quality was impeccable! 13 authentic jerseys came to roughly $300. I purchased them before I knew of the crackdown by Customs. The websites are still up and running though.

We have put in at least 10 orders at my station. Always 10 or more jerseys so we can get the free shipping. IMPECCABLE quality for sure. Have yet to not receive a shipment. We will keep ordering until we dont. AT an average of about 18 bucks a jersey its worth the risk.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We have put in at least 10 orders at my station. Always 10 or more jerseys so we can get the free shipping. IMPECCABLE quality for sure. Have yet to not receive a shipment. We will keep ordering until we dont. AT an average of about 18 bucks a jersey its worth the risk.

EXACTLY!!

WickedKoolFan

Veteran
Reaction score
It's really hard to find authentic jerseys cheap, whether on Ebay or craigslist. I can spot them a mile away too.

A lot of the fakes will advertise "sewn on numbers", and will sell cheaper than screen printed licensed ones.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Great jerseys for the price. The main thing is more people are wearing Cardinals' jerseys because they are affordable and you don't feel like you are getting ripped off. I can buy 14 jerseys for the cost of one authentic jersey. My family will be very happy with the jerseys under the Christmas tree this year.

outoftheashes

Registered
Reaction score
Sports authority has all of their Reebok NFL merchandise half off AND buy get one right now. Picked up 2 red peterson jerseys for 40 bucks. They said they have a corporate directive to clear out all reebok merchandise, to make way for the new NIKE stuff next year.

Reaction score
I got myself a Peterson black jersey and a Dockett black jersey for my son from China for Xmas. I think they look great! Not to mention the price is great and it only took 6 days to get delivered. It takes longer for me to get stuff from Cali shipped to New Jersey.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sports authority has all of their Reebok NFL merchandise half off AND buy get one right now. Picked up 2 red peterson jerseys for 40 bucks. They said they have a corporate directive to clear out all reebok merchandise, to make way for the new NIKE stuff next year.

wow, I need to go to sports authority. I really want a WHITE peterson jersey since I own all reds right now, but I will take red for that price.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are the numbers on the jerseys at Sports Authority sewed on?

Treefiddy

Richard Cranium
Reaction score
I have some really well done knock offs. I also have some ones that came in looking pretty strange. The Hightower jersey I got last year looked like it had Tampa Bay numbers sewn on. Disappointing, but at least I don't have to worry about it anymore.

I've gotten a total of 12 jerseys over the last two years and only about 3 of them are still current players. Players move around too much, if I ever bought legitimate authentic, I would get it personalized with my name rather than a player's name.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson