Whis Post-game: "Kolb wasn't good enough to come back"

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
It really seems like Skelton does better when pressured and blitzed. In the 1st 49er game he was getting all day to throw and couldnt do anything... part of that was because the Niners were dropping 7-8 guys in covererage, but 6-19 is awful no matter how you slice it. Yesterday the Niners were pressuring him more often and when he has to move around with the pocket or make a quick read his instincts as a QB look pretty good, where when he has to sit back and stare over all his options his instincts seem to go out the window.

Meanwhile Kolb craps himself every time a defender gets in the backfield.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
Skelton has a problem with his footwork. Its a known problem and it seems to be a fixable one (hence why he's inconsistent). The lack of an offseason means he couldn't talk to coaches about how to fix it

I don't buy this one bit. Half this board is pointing out that his footwork doesn't look very clean but the only people who could help him "fix" his footwork in the offseason work for the Cardinals?

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
I don't buy this one bit. Half this board is pointing out that his footwork doesn't look very clean but the only people who could help him "fix" his footwork in the offseason work for the Cardinals?

The only one? No but during the lockout no player could talk to any nfl coaches in any way, shape or form other than to say "hi"

The only people that he could talk to in order to fix the problem were college coaches or current players. Who knows who was willing the give the time to fix that problem.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Skelton has a problem with his footwork. Its a known problem and it seems to be a fixable one (hence why he's inconsistent). The lack of an offseason means he couldn't talk to coaches about how to fix it

And I don't think that he has the agility and foot quickness to fix his footwork to become accurate. We will see.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Do the Cardinals have anyone on the coaching staff who ever actually played the QB position? Harbaugh talks about what an advantage he has working with Alex Smith, having played the position in the NFL, knowing what it's like to have the bullets flying around you.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Do the Cardinals have anyone on the coaching staff who ever actually played the QB position? Harbaugh talks about what an advantage he has working with Alex Smith, having played the position in the NFL, knowing what it's like to have the bullets flying around you.

Chris Miller, QB coach, played QB for the Falcons, Rams and Broncos. He was a pro bowler one season.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Maybe. He probably makes more money and invests less time working as an NFL analyst though, so it's unlikely you'll see him in any coaching role soon.

Yeah he's too involved with his charity to have time for a fulltime coaching position. I could see him taking a consultant postiton though (basically he'd be there for training camp and the players could get in touch with him if they wanted advice during the season)

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i prefer werner as a qb coach then a ex below average tight end coaching them or valueting them

Do you mean Kurt Warner? If so it's fully his decision not to be coaching at any capacity at this point in his life. The work week for any level coach in the NFL is crazy long and has been posted countless times Warner wants to spend time with his family & charities.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose