Why Tebow Wins

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm watching the Denver game now - Tebow is pretty good. Not great, needs work - but very aware.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I agree Donald. I did too Donald when I watched a similar QB in my eyes named Jake Plummer who then ended up with this same Bronco franchise, but after a while reality will hit the Broncos sooner than later and they will realize they need a legit QB.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I wish the Arizona Cardinals had a passer as efficient at Tim Tebow. 66%, 2 TDs.

A lot of people making fools of themselves on this thread. Denver picked 2nd overall in 2011 draft, now leads division.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I wish the Arizona Cardinals had a passer as efficient at Tim Tebow. 66%, 2 TDs.

A lot of people making fools of themselves on this thread. Denver picked 2nd overall in 2011 draft, now leads division.

I don't see how, no one questions that he's doing well now, I personally just question how long it will last.

I fully expect them to make the playoffs and go a ways then be thumped.

Then next year we'll see how he does when teams have a lot of film on the goofy offense they run.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I don't see how, no one questions that he's doing well now, I personally just question how long it will last.

Then next year we'll see how he does when teams have a lot of film on the goofy offense they run.

But what if Denver changes to a different goofy offense next year all fools everyone again?

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
But what if Denver changes to a different goofy offense next year all fools everyone again?

Oh yeah that's where God teleports him directly to the end zone, that one?

:sad:

I said he needs to get better at passing the ball if he wants to win, today he did that.

If the new offense they run depends more on him passing the ball then I would be a believer in him.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Have you watched them actually play? It doesn't look weird when it's going on. The game plan they ran against the same D that stymied Kevin Kolb looked like the Pittsburgh Steelers under Ken Whisenhunt with Ben Roethlisberger.

It's just foolish to say that only QBs like Brady and Manning can make the playoffs or win a playoff game.

I'm not sure why making "the playoffs and go a ways and then be thumped" is bad. It's more than Matt Ryan has ever done.

But to think that there hasn't been a DC yet that's put out a five-man line and dared Tebow to pass is ridiculous. Timmy was involved in an old-fashioned shootout at the Rollerdome and came out on the side of the angels.

He's getting more of the offense every week. If Denver wanted to win now (and they did) then the option was to run the offense that they were running, and then spoonfeed Tebow the pro-style stuff.

And that's what they're doing. 10 of 15 for 250 yards and 2 TDs. Making Willis McGahee look like a legit starting runningback.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Tim Tebow is flat-out a WINNER. He is not a supremely gifted accurate passer, but he's a gutsy, all-heart leader who gets the job done. Denver was lousy before he started playing, and good defense or no good defense, they would revert to lousy without him IMO.

I had to laugh at John Elway on the sidelines trying to figure out what was going on. Stop trying to analyze it Elway, just enjoy it. That's what I did in 2008.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Tebow has tremendous faith and dedication. His faith in God is obvious, but he also has tremendous tremendous faith in himself. His dedication to be the BEST he can be can't be underestimated. He'll do everything and anything to be successful. Let's not forget that Staubach was like Tebow in every way. He was dedicated to his faith & early in his career, he was a much greater threat running than throwing. I expect Tebow to have a great career in the NFL. He simply has "IT".

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10 of 15 for 250 yards and 2 TDs.
202 yards.

(I only point this out because you seem to be a stickler for other people's fact checking ability. I'll leave out the snide "how hard is it to check the stats page" comment, though)

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
202 yards.

(I only point this out because you seem to be a stickler for other people's fact checking ability. I'll leave out the snide "how hard is it to check the stats page" comment, though)

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
What amazes me is that people assume that Tebow is a finished project, when he admits that he isn't. With how hard he works at every other aspect of his game, what makes you think for a minute that isn't working as hard at throwing the ball as well. Tebow is great because he knows exactly what game he needs to play to come out with a victory. He is also very determined, and the league did him a huge favor when they came out and said that he couldn't make it in this league. Truly a person who believes that hard work and determination can allow you to do anything.

While I am still skeptical, I have to say that I am happy to see a solid character guy like him having success.

Treefiddy

Richard Cranium
Reaction score
I have finally nailed it and reconciled the Tebow conundrum I've been having. Tebow isn't a good NFL QB. However, he's one of the best backyard QBs of all time. I realized it watching him scramble around as the play broke down, waiting and directing things to happen, then throwing a TD.

He's not a guy who is going to read defenses like a picture book (Manning) or gunsling all over the place (Rodgers). But when the play breaks down, he's at his best. I can watch and cheer for that.

He's like a Ben Roethlisberger without the rape.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I realize that the kid is real in his faith, and that he's the good guy that he comes across as, but it is so frickin' annoying and off-putting that I actively root against the guy. The LAST thing I want to hear when I watch a highlight and the winning QB starts his interview is, "I just want to thank my lord and savior Jesus Christ for my teammates..." Jesus ain't your GM, son, so shut your trap, eh? **** and stop trying to shove your religion down the sporting world's throat. You are a QB and a football player and not a frickin' missionary. Kurt Warner annoyed me enough with that stuff, and Tebow's twice as bad. Enough! We get it! Cripes!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the really crazy thing about tebow to me is his passes in that game were so damn ugly... but they were on target more often than not. I mean, that last pass before the game tying field goal was quacking like the mst wounded duck I've ever seen... but was still right on the money, putting it only where #88 could get to it and hitting both his hands pretty perfect over his shoulder.

the kid's got something... what that something is I have no idea but to just dismiss whatever it is outright doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me... and this is coming from a purist who never understood or bought into the Tebow hype even in college.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I realize that the kid is real in his faith, and that he's the good guy that he comes across as, but it is so frickin' annoying and off-putting that I actively root against the guy. The LAST thing I want to hear when I watch a highlight and the winning QB starts his interview is, "I just want to thank my lord and savior Jesus Christ for my teammates..." Jesus ain't your GM, son, so shut your trap, eh? **** and stop trying to shove your religion down the sporting world's throat. You are a QB and a football player and not a frickin' missionary. Kurt Warner annoyed me enough with that stuff, and Tebow's twice as bad. Enough! We get it! Cripes!

I will say this... when Warner's telling you've gone too far with the Jesus stuff, you've probably gone too far.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Love Tebow when he's playing on the field. Change the channel when he's off it. It's not really his fault that CBS and FOX find him whenever he's kneeling on the sideline.

I'm sure that Tom Brady and Mark Sanchez kneel on the sideline, as well.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I will say this... when Warner's telling you've gone too far with the Jesus stuff, you've probably gone too far.

I also push back against Tebow for all the religious overkill. But then someone pointed out to me that we celebrate great players who are divas, felons, and generally bad people without hesitation. Why should we root against a guy who actually contributes to society off the field?

Fair enough. I am officially done rooting against the kid to succeed.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also push back against Tebow for all the religious overkill. But then someone pointed out to me that we celebrate great players who are divas, felons, and generally bad people without hesitation. Why should we root against a guy who actually contributes to society off the field?

Fair enough. I am officially done rooting against the kid to succeed.

yeah, i'm not rooting against him, it's just a little annoying, but like you said. the guy's actually TRYING to make the world a better place. rooting against him because of it seems silly... especially when the end of his games are ridiculously exciting.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
This last game of Tebow's showed a lot more than he did in the past from what one needs from the position, he finally looked the role of a QB and made some nice passes that where clearly on the level of a NFL player. If this means he is progressing and can get better, then it totally changes my viewpoint of him where he was more of a 'schoolyard' QB just simply improvising. Never put too much into throwing motion because guys are not built the same and how can one view the skill and advantages of ones wrist movement from a far which also has an effect on a pass. He played well this recent game, and played like a good QB.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What amazes me is that people assume that Tebow is a finished project, when he admits that he isn't. With how hard he works at every other aspect of his game, what makes you think for a minute that isn't working as hard at throwing the ball as well. Tebow is great because he knows exactly what game he needs to play to come out with a victory. He is also very determined, and the league did him a huge favor when they came out and said that he couldn't make it in this league. Truly a person who believes that hard work and determination can allow you to do anything.

While I am still skeptical, I have to say that I am happy to see a solid character guy like him having success.

I think you nailed it here. Work ethic. Don't ever tell someone with determination and extraordinary work ethic that they can't do something. They will prove you wrong everytime. So much of life boils down to how hard you are willing to work to accomplish your goals. Tebow realizes this. So I think Elway has the quarterback of the future right before his eyes. We started to see that yesterday.

And for those dumping on his "religiousosity", just let the guy be himself. Nothing to be threatened by here. Some players are into God, some aren't. The reason why we love the game is the game itself and having players point to the man upstairs or kneel and rejoice is pretty common place, not newsworthy. We can't control the expressions of religion of players anymore than they can control ours.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the really crazy thing about tebow to me is his passes in that game were so damn ugly... but they were on target more often than not. I mean, that last pass before the game tying field goal was quacking like the mst wounded duck I've ever seen... but was still right on the money, putting it only where #88 could get to it and hitting both his hands pretty perfect over his shoulder.

This isn't hard to understand when you realize that Jesus sends some angels down to push Tebow's passes along in midair so it gets to the right receiver.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tebow= luck or divine intervention...one must say that because the guy really is a way below average QB. He is on a winning team because of a great defense. Case closed. And the ability to do nothing with the ball except for the most part but not turn it over is not enough to be a QB. Denver needs to draft another runningback next year to upgrade their current version of what a QB is if they intend to this again next season. Personally I have nothing against Tebow and think he is a great person, but that does not make him a NFL QB

Put Derek Anderson on that team as the starter and that defense would look horrible. Sometimes the best qb fit for a team with a good D is a game manager type qb. The passing qb tends to push and take unnecessary risks. Its a nice combo for Denver.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
yeah, i'm not rooting against him, it's just a little annoying, but like you said. the guy's actually TRYING to make the world a better place. rooting against him because of it seems silly... especially when the end of his games are ridiculously exciting.

Hard to justify rooting against a guy who takes his bonus check and builds a hospital in the Philippines. Not quite your normal NFL player.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

I absolutely hate it when people try to shove religion down my throat, and that's exactly what he's doing. No, he isn't trying to say that I personally have to believe it, but he's pushing it to anyone that likes watching sports shows that he appears on. I do not like people that say everything is about God. "Thank you, God, for helping me catch my glass of milk before it spilled. Jesus was with me when I cut myself shaving but put a kleenex on it..." It is repugnant to me, and I do not like anyone that does it. Thus, I don't like Tebow. At least Warner didn't go too far overboard with it, but it did get pretty annoying.

Hard to justify rooting against a guy who takes his bonus check and builds a hospital in the Philippines. Not quite your normal NFL player.

I'm not saying he isn't a good guy. And, as someone mentioned, there are a lot of nasty characters out there in the NFL. I couldn't stand a lot of them either. Now, would I root for him if he were on my team? Of course, because I want my team to do well. That's why I could overlook it in Warner--because he was helping us win--and because he wasn't nearly as bad as Tebow.

Sorry. I hate the Jesus and God peddling. I know the popular opinion is that he's a good guy, and it's okay and everything. I don't care. I don't like it, and I will always say so.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose