New Star Wars MMORPG

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Beta testing this weekend, supposedly this is the largest beta test to date, testing how well the servers handle high traffic.

I have been chosen as a beta tester, it is downloading now....I'll let you guys know how it is after I've spent what is sure to be many hours on it this weekend.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Beta testing this weekend, supposedly this is the largest beta test to date, testing how well the servers handle high traffic.

I have been chosen as a beta tester, it is downloading now....I'll let you guys know how it is after I've spent what is sure to be many hours on it this weekend.

I couldn't believe how large the download was for this (27GB!). It took me a few days to complete it.

I've only spent a couple of hours playing two different characters so far; a Sith Warrior, and Bounty Hunter.

I'm impressed with how polished the game is at this stage, at least with the 5th level, or lower, content.

The one complaint I have at this point is that it feels like a Star Wars mod for WoW. The questing is a great deal more detailed, but the gameplay seems like a direct clone.

Treefiddy

Richard Cranium
Reaction score
So far the biggest drawback to the game is the repeated quests. The class stories are good enough that some people will want to play through all (or most) of them. The problem is, the 4th time (even the 2nd time) on some of the same quests is mind numbing.

I've been in the beta for a while now and so far my character has been wiped and started over so many times that I can't even bring myself to play it anymore.

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Its been fun so far although I had a couple of crashes.

I created a Smuggler/Gunslinger and so far it is a cool character class...up to Lvl 11 but I am done for the night.

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Early access started today for those that pre-ordered the game. I was in the second email wave and played from about 8:30 AM until I went to work, got my Jedi Knight to level 10 then had to quit.

So far it is a fun game, not a ton different from other MMORPG's but it has Star Wars music & themes so I am sold.

The game goes live to everyone on the 20th.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I got in in this morning's second wave. Just jumped in to create some toons and then had to leave for work. :(

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am on The Harbinger (PvE West - Republic) and on The Prophecy of Five (PvP East - Guild - Empire). Main toon is "Demophilus" on both. Where are you Zeno?

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I am on The Harbinger (PvE West - Republic) and on The Prophecy of Five (PvP East - Guild - Empire). Main toon is "Demophilus" on both. Where are you Zeno?

I am on Krayt Dragon in the Scruffy Nerf Herders guild with my Jedi Sentinel "Zeno" and guild less on Tarro Blood with my Imperial Agent "Cooper". (Agent Cooper one of my favorite TV characters ever).

Got up to level 17 with my Jedi last night, did my first space battle, which was cooler than I expected.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Awesome - I may start a toon on one of those. Looking for a non-PvP imperial, and Tarro Blood sounds like as good a place as any for an evil inquisitor...

Edit: I added some empire alts to TB and some republic alts to KD. I'll look you up if you are on later...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I haven't played much with Cooper as I am trying to level up my Jedi but I am stuck right now on a mission I can't get past, I cruise through the minions with no problem but the boss keeps kicking my butt. I thought I would have a problem as the boss is level 16 and I am now level 18, although I started trying to do it right before I got to 17. The mission requires I use my droid as a companion character and he is dead 20 secs in to the fight every time so I am getting frustrated. Went and did a bunch of space missions to level from 17 to 18 and then tried again, I've tried like 8 times now....irritating and I don't have any other quests available until I finish that one (aside from Heroics or Flashpoints).

I am hoping I can find someone from my guild willing to group with me tonight Sony can finish it....otherwise I may just work on getting my Agent up to 10 tonight.

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
Finally got the early invite...the irony is that I'm at work, and will not be able to play until much later tonight!

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
What kind of machines you guys running to play this?

I don't remember all my spec's off the top of my head, but I just upgraded to an AMD Phenom II x2, an ATI 6770, and 8GB of DDR3 1600 RAM.

I was able to run SW:TOR during the Thanksgiving stress-test beta without any lag. It should run even smoother now.

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I am a Jedi Consular. Fun so far.

I have been using mostly my Jedi Sentinel, up to level 29 right now and I have soloed every mission (save 1 Heroic on Tatooine). I have a couple missions that are ridiculously tough though that I am waiting until I level up before I try to beat the "boss" again.

I haven't played much at all with my other characters though so I may give it a rest with the Jedi and try to level up my others....queues on the server are out of control right now, I had 500+ in front of me last night so on nights like that I may switch over.

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
This is weird...I received an email from Bioware congratulating me on making it to level 10, and offering me a series of links of links to advice, maps, and details on what to do next.

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
This is weird...I received an email from Bioware congratulating me on making it to level 10, and offering me a series of links of links to advice, maps, and details on what to do next.

Thats cool, I didn't get anything like that. Maps would be nice to have. I would have thought that would have been included with the collectors edition but nope...

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have been using mostly my Jedi Sentinel, up to level 29 right now and I have soloed every mission (save 1 Heroic on Tatooine). I have a couple missions that are ridiculously tough though that I am waiting until I level up before I try to beat the "boss" again.

I haven't played much at all with my other characters though so I may give it a rest with the Jedi and try to level up my others....queues on the server are out of control right now, I had 500+ in front of me last night so on nights like that I may switch over.
Did you solo the "Heroic 4"s on Coruscant?

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Did you solo the "Heroic 4"s on Coruscant?

No, I've only completed 1 heroic (on Tatooine), I haven't bothered trying without a group save one, just been doing all the other quests and story arcs. I wish I had grouped up more because some of them are taking me a few tries to beat the bosses. Up to Lvl 32 now with my Jedi and 13 with my Sith. I haven't done any flashpoints either.

asudevil83

Reaction score
just got the game installed.

Running AMD 2.3GgHz 9600 Quad, 9600GSO, and 4gigs.

might be a little underpowered in the video department and memory, but we shall see

Last edited:

asudevil83

Reaction score
just got the game installed.

Running AMD 2.3GgHz 9600 Quad, 9600GSO, and 4gigs.

might be a little underpowered in the video department and memory, but we shall see

i think the game is fantastic. leveling is part of an elaborate story, where quests have a purpose.

and yes, my computer is outdated. i can play at 768x1280 at low settings.