Summing up this season.

ninous26

Registered
Reaction score
This season has been a big wreck, unfortunately. This is what I've seen and this is what sums up the season for me..

Whats this? Suns have the final shot of the period? Sweet! Lets make this bucket at the buzzer to get the momentum swinging forward..

What really happens: Suns mis-handle the ball, or make too many indecisive moves/passes and time expires before we get the shot off.

Sweet! We have a comfortable lead heading into the fourth and we've been solid all game long.. This should be an easy cruise for the W..

What really happens: We play sloppy, take poor shots, and turn the ball over leading to a huge rally by the other teams.. Steve nash has to come in early in the fourth and doesn't get the rest he needs. Plays too much and he's tired.. On top of that we either a) lose the game. or b) play it down to the wire to barely win the game.

We're inbounding the ball.. 6 seconds left on the shot clock.. We're the suns, this will be easy anyways.. 6 seconds to us is like a full minute for other teams.

What really happens: Shot clock expires.. 90% of the time in the hands of grant hill and the other 10% in the hands of steve nash.

Are we seriously competing with a deep playoff caliber team? Wow, were actually pretty good, and we're winning by 4 possessions in the 4th quarter. We can do this!

What really happens: We continue to play good and strong. We can take this team.. Uh oh.. Refs starting to gift the other team free throws and making phantom calls.. We lose an important game.

This is awesome. We have a player whose developing well at the PF position. He can shoot, he's starting to rebound well. He's got size and height. Finally!

What ends up happening: Injury at the most important time of the season.

Our top 3 NBA PG whose 37 years old is playing lights out

What do we find out? He's been playing injured and hurt himself even more. Also he wants out of the team although no one blames him.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I would have been okay if they actually called a foul on that play where Frye got his arm dislocated. Apparently THAT isn't a foul but Ginobili getting breathed on is lol. We are eternally screwed folks, get used to it!!

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I would have been okay if they actually called a foul on that play where Frye got his arm dislocated. Apparently THAT isn't a foul but Ginobili getting breathed on is lol. We are eternally screwed folks, get used to it!!
It takes a lot of time to overcome 40+ years of reputation as being soft . . . and therefore not getting calls.

At Power Forward, Channing Frye certainly doesn't change that reputation.

In addition to being a small market team. That's the way it is.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It all comes down to $$$. We don't spend it when we should. We spend too much in response on who we shouldn't. Then sell/trade our picks for money or cap relief.

As a result, our 'paper' team which $arver put together as face saving, looks good, and COSTS alot. The actual team is mediocre with flash, and old. We used to have studs, now we have duds and fogeys.

Our team has become what $arver is. One of the poorest businessmen in the world. Hands down. Irrefutable. I'm telling you, $arver mind warp makes $$$ decisions 1st, and basketball decisions that fit #1. Groupthink until it makes sense. Since he also is in denial about being cheap, he then wastes money to prove he isn't, negating all of the 1st. He's done this probably ten times so far. Each time he screws the pooch and buys a morsel by mortgaging the future.

We're going to suck for a long time folks, and we have Forrest Gump directing the row boat now that we're LOST.

Please god let $arver's bank (finally) fail. This way hopefully he'll be forced to sell the team. It's not just the sucking I hate, it's the fact he sabotages us nonstop with his bankster thinking. We have no chance as soon as all the assets are gone. We've gone from 'mormon stocked' to 'Tokyo store shelves' in a matter of a few years ONLY because of the way $arver operates. From the youngest team in the NBA, to the oldest. From having the most picks in the 2000's to draft, to drafting the fewest in the 2000's.

It's over, and our team died needlessly. We're finally seeing what happens when you get rid of your young studs. Then sell off any hope of getting more. The selling off of our assets made it appear it didn't hurt as bad, but now reality will strike.

I love the Suns, but what we see is a direct product of how the Suns are run, and that philosophy isn't changing. It's not small market, it's small thinking. It's not he's afraid to spend, or doesn't have the ability to, it's that he doesn't know HOW to spend, when there is a budget. He's not in touch with reality, and thus the Suns will never in reality have a shot to compete. (oh yeah 1 in 1000 shots happen). Anyone think $arver has such karma awaiting him? Hell no. Quite the opposite.

The Phoenix Suns, what happens when idiots gifted money, incapable of thought, own and operate a professional franchise that is outside their grasp...it's a REAL BUSINESS. Fakery doesn't work here. Sadly $arver still hasn't figured it out.

Face it, we're not the Suns anymore
$arver has soiled us.
We are now the $uns, as his imprint on this franchise is now complete.

At least we lucked into trading for our 2nd round pick (that we sold) back. That's all we got for the future really. The rest are completely expendable, or will be retired/championship run during last year or two on another team.

When this thing goes downhill, it's going to be Cleveland bad. $arver will make sure this occurs with his idiot budgeting. No way he won't. He doesn't know how to, he doesn't really have one, it's arbitrary, so he's always chasing a mythical ghost. He changes the goal lines at will, and then makes real decisions and fails, before changing it, and fails at that. It's all on $arver. It's all manufactured crisis by $arver. It's all forced by him. We're suffering due to $arver's lunacy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

ninous26

Registered
Reaction score
Well said cardsfan.

Makes you feel helpless doesn't it?

shazaam6

Censor this
Reaction score
At least Cardsfan88 isn't in denial. Sarver sucks and for the 1st year since 1977 our season tickets aren't getting renewed. Why should we?

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It takes a lot of time to overcome 40+ years of reputation as being soft . . . and therefore not getting calls.

At Power Forward, Channing Frye certainly doesn't change that reputation.

In addition to being a small market team. That's the way it is.
I don't understand that. How is Phoenix a small market team?

I'm not trying to be obtuse but I live in the UK and always thought Phoenix was fairly large. I'm not saying NY/LA/CHI large but fairly big still.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm not trying to be obtuse but I live in the UK and always thought Phoenix was fairly large. I'm not saying NY/LA/CHI large but fairly big still.

Phoenix is not a small market by any means when one considers the greater Phoenix area. The city of Phoenix is surrounded by large communities such as Scottsdale, Mesa and Glendale to only mention a few. It seems awhile back this was a topic on one of the sports forums. I'm sure the Bidwills are doing quite nicely with the Arizona Cardinals.

Last edited:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score

That's really what I meant. We're not in the NY/LA/CHI/BOS category.

The Valley of the Sun is only the 13th largest metropolitan area in the U.S., but the Phoenix portion is the 5th largest city, with 517 square miles and a population of over 1.5 million.

The disparity is that Phoenix, unlike the major landlocked cities, has gone far and wide to annex county land from the 13th largest area.

The perception is that we are still a small market team. I don't believe our TV revenue is anywhere near the major market category. Possibly because with so many transplants and snowbirds, many of our "fans" still put us second to the teams they left behind, especially in baseball and basketball.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
It all comes down to $$$. We don't spend it when we should. We spend too much in response on who we shouldn't. Then sell/trade our picks for money or cap relief.

As a result, our 'paper' team which $arver put together as face saving, looks good, and COSTS alot. The actual team is mediocre with flash, and old. We used to have studs, now we have duds and fogeys.

Our team has become what $arver is. One of the poorest businessmen in the world. Hands down. Irrefutable. I'm telling you, $arver mind warp makes $$$ decisions 1st, and basketball decisions that fit #1. Groupthink until it makes sense. Since he also is in denial about being cheap, he then wastes money to prove he isn't, negating all of the 1st. He's done this probably ten times so far. Each time he screws the pooch and buys a morsel by mortgaging the future.

We're going to suck for a long time folks, and we have Forrest Gump directing the row boat now that we're LOST.

Please god let $arver's bank (finally) fail. This way hopefully he'll be forced to sell the team. It's not just the sucking I hate, it's the fact he sabotages us nonstop with his bankster thinking. We have no chance as soon as all the assets are gone. We've gone from 'mormon stocked' to 'Tokyo store shelves' in a matter of a few years ONLY because of the way $arver operates. From the youngest team in the NBA, to the oldest. From having the most picks in the 2000's to draft, to drafting the fewest in the 2000's.

It's over, and our team died needlessly. We're finally seeing what happens when you get rid of your young studs. Then sell off any hope of getting more. The selling off of our assets made it appear it didn't hurt as bad, but now reality will strike.

I love the Suns, but what we see is a direct product of how the Suns are run, and that philosophy isn't changing. It's not small market, it's small thinking. It's not he's afraid to spend, or doesn't have the ability to, it's that he doesn't know HOW to spend, when there is a budget. He's not in touch with reality, and thus the Suns will never in reality have a shot to compete. (oh yeah 1 in 1000 shots happen). Anyone think $arver has such karma awaiting him? Hell no. Quite the opposite.

The Phoenix Suns, what happens when idiots gifted money, incapable of thought, own and operate a professional franchise that is outside their grasp...it's a REAL BUSINESS. Fakery doesn't work here. Sadly $arver still hasn't figured it out.

Face it, we're not the Suns anymore
$arver has soiled us.
We are now the $uns, as his imprint on this franchise is now complete.

At least we lucked into trading for our 2nd round pick (that we sold) back. That's all we got for the future really. The rest are completely expendable, or will be retired/championship run during last year or two on another team.

When this thing goes downhill, it's going to be Cleveland bad. $arver will make sure this occurs with his idiot budgeting. No way he won't. He doesn't know how to, he doesn't really have one, it's arbitrary, so he's always chasing a mythical ghost. He changes the goal lines at will, and then makes real decisions and fails, before changing it, and fails at that. It's all on $arver. It's all manufactured crisis by $arver. It's all forced by him. We're suffering due to $arver's lunacy.

I don't quite follow you. So are you saying Sarver has something to do with the Suns downfall?

:p

I agree. Talk about the worst off-season in Phoenix Suns history...

OP
OP
N

ninous26

Registered
Reaction score
I just don't hope we turn into another Seattle Supersonics.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave