Suns @ Pacers 02-27-11

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Very ugly win, but a win nonetheless. Suns need as many as they can get.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brooks actually showed a lot of promise in the first half. Hit his FT's, drove thru traffic for a bucket, got the ball up very quickly, just what we wanted.I think the 2nd unit actually extended the lead by a few points.

In the second half, he didn't play well in the 4th, had a couple of TO's and got yanked with the rest of the second unit when the Pacers started their run.

I chalk up the 2nd half to lack of practice and not really knowing the team yet. Overall, very encouraged by what I saw from Brooks.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
wow what a win for the suns, I still can't believe frye hit that shot I screamed yes so loud lol sure my neighbors heard me :). Great win suns on to nj!!!!! And thank you Gortat for being a good player for us

shazaam6

Censor this
Reaction score
im still not sold on brook for Dragic+pick.

dowdell was doing okay, if needed we can revert to Dragic for a pg if dowdell wasnt doing any good. worst of it was that if dowdell is doing well, we can run Dragic at sg.

Agree. Trade sucked. And Sarver dumps another draft pick.
Damn banker mentality, draft picks are liabilities. Sell the Suns, please.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
LOL just read your sig.. What's jagu got to say now?

It had to be frye or nash.. Very nice!

Can anyone remember the last time we won a game like this? I really can't remember us winning a buzzer beater game like this in a long time.

Penny hardaway agains the raptors like 10 years ago?

I say Frye has improved a lot and he's out of my doghouse. I don't root for all the Suns players like blind homers and when they legitimately suck I'll say they do. Frye has worked hard to close up a lot of flaws in his game. Gortat is making him a better player as well.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I was impressed with Brooks, set up his team pretty well, didn't look like a black hole and played much better than the usual Dragic outings. He only had 1 TO and I think the other players who were on the floor with him didn't really do much. Pietrus takes some crazy shots. Turn around 3 pointers?! SMH....

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was impressed with Brooks, set up his team pretty well, didn't look like a black hole and played much better than the usual Dragic outings. He only had 1 TO and I think the other players who were on the floor with him didn't really do much. Pietrus takes some crazy shots. Turn around 3 pointers?! SMH....

Agreed, he has great court vision as well. Found Hakim under the basket with a half court pass. Hakim should have jammed it, but missed the layup instead. I think the critics of the trade will be eating crow before too long from what I saw today.

dziki

Rookie
Reaction score
It was the same after Orlando trade - there were a lot of people who say "Gortat is misunderstanding, what a bad trade" ;-)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't see how that qualifies as "Sarver dumps another draft pick". It was used to acquire another player which is a far cry from the draft pick giveaways we've previously participated in. Brooks is an upgrade over the Dragic of this season especially if he can finally come all the way back from his ankle injury.

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed, he has great court vision as well. Found Hakim under the basket with a half court pass. Hakim should have jammed it, but missed the layup instead. I think the critics of the trade will be eating crow before too long from what I saw today.

I think so too. I'm not sure if he can become the replacement for Nash but I think he's going to help this team this season. He solves two problems for us: backup point guard and a player that can generate his own offense without Nash. We were sorely in need in both areas.

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very ugly win, but a win nonetheless. Suns need as many as they can get.

It was a little ugly, I don't know about "Very ugly" though. This Pacers team is better than their record. I think they came into today something like 9 - 4 since they fired O'Brien. It's a win we desperately needed but no road win is a gimme for a team that has struggled to hit .500 all season.

Steve

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I say Frye has improved a lot and he's out of my doghouse. I don't root for all the Suns players like blind homers and when they legitimately suck I'll say they do. Frye has worked hard to close up a lot of flaws in his game. Gortat is making him a better player as well.

BS. You have rode Frye since he has been here. If you want, I'll post every negative post you had about Channing. You were so obsessed with hating him I could fill over 100 pages of just your hate on him. I have never come across a fan who would continue to hate on one player. It is not normal and others even would comment on your hate.

Too late to jump on his bandwagon because he doesn't need someone like you on it. Here are just a few of the hate you wrote.

December 29th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Replies: 118 Suns - Sixers 12-29: Vinsanity or just more Insanity?
Views: 1,695 Posted By jagu
Channing Frye SUCKS.

Channing Frye SUCKS.

December 26th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Replies: 66 Suns @ Clippers, 12/26/2010
Views: 2,066 Posted By jagu
Channing Frye blows.

Channing Frye blows.

January 5th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Replies: 248 Lakers Suns 1/5/11
Views: 3,760 Posted By jagu
WTF was that FRYE? OMG im turning this off.

WTF was that FRYE? OMG im turning this off

January 7th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Replies: 339 Knicks Suns 1/7/11
Views: 5,557 Posted By jagu
Channing Frye with 1.2 seconds left kicks it back...

Channing Frye with 1.2 seconds left kicks it back to Dragic LOLLLLL. Worst player in the history of basketball.

January 7th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Replies: 339 Knicks Suns 1/7/11
Views: 5,557 Posted By jagu
F****** Frye...

F****** Frye...

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
And ????? lol. Where is the BS in any of the words that I said ? I'm what people call a fan. I don't have to confirm to your beliefs and I can speak what I want to speak as it's a free country. Obviously, your more obsessed with me than I was obsessed with hating Frye so it's always great to have a fan. And as far as jumping on his bandwagon, I want the Suns to win and if he does good its for the better and I am not in anyone's bandwagon (well maybe slinslin's +/-). And every time I said he sucked, I truly meant it and I'm not going take that back just because he has found himself now. I ate crow, I never thought he'd be this better defensively because I felt he lacked the IQ and drive to improve. Obviously I don't think that now. He is a vastly improved player from last year and this year as well.

Are you banning me from having any interest in Frye? Are you some kind of fan enforcer??? Makes no sense...

Last edited:

Stargazer

Registered
Reaction score
You gotta lot of nerve posting something positive about one of the Suns, man.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I am not going to argue with Sarver's mentality but people are making a big deal out of this pick. The pick probably would have ended up being a project player anyway. Brooks is going to be better then any project player.

Sure you can name some good players that were picked around there but I challenge anybody to compare that to the list of players that were picked around there and never did anything in the NBA.

It was a good move. It would have been a bad move if the pick was not lottery protected. The odds that this pick ever amounts to anything are in the Suns favor versus Brooks.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Even though it's the Pacers (who aren't great, but they ARE a playoff team), this is a great, great win. Mainly because of how close it became, there aren't many games where we pull out a win on a last-second shot. The first thing I thought afterwards is that the Suns confidence is going to be sky high for the rest of the trip.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am not going to argue with Sarver's mentality but people are making a big deal out of this pick. The pick probably would have ended up being a project player anyway. Brooks is going to be better then any project player.

Sure you can name some good players that were picked around there but I challenge anybody to compare that to the list of players that were picked around there and never did anything in the NBA.

It was a good move. It would have been a bad move if the pick was not lottery protected. The odds that this pick ever amounts to anything are in the Suns favor versus Brooks.

Maybe both teams valued Brooks that much more than Dragic. While the talking heads and fans looked at stat sheets, shooting percentages, and height and weight measurements.

I hated giving up the pick, but have no problem with the player swap. Maybe even giving up the pick is not that bad of a deal. Brooks is what everyone says Kemba has the potential to be in this league.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Even though it's the Pacers (who aren't great, but they ARE a playoff team), this is a great, great win. Mainly because of how close it became, there aren't many games where we pull out a win on a last-second shot. The first thing I thought afterwards is that the Suns confidence is going to be sky high for the rest of the trip.
They're a playoff team cuz they play in the least. :p They were 26-31 prior to today's game.

I'd have prefered a bit less nerve wracking way to win.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Damn we're on a back to back!?

We play New Jersey tomorrow and Hill, Nash & Frye all played 43 minutes!!! Gortat also played 38 and Dudley 29!

I hope our bench plays really well tomorrow cause our starters are gonna be tired as hell.

jibikao

Reaction score
Oh my... Frye made a stupid foul to let them tie but he certainly made up for it. There are many highlights of Frye lately! Good sign.

Nash and Gortat seem to be playing better together too.

Good job Grant Hill!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems the Pacers did a better job of containing Gortat in the second half.

Who would think Frye would be Gentry's go to player at the end of the game. Gentry drew up two different plays for him. I can say one thing about Gentry, he does not have blinders on and can think outside the box. He is willing to go with the hot hand.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And ????? lol. Where is the BS in any of the words that I said ? I'm what people call a fan. I don't have to confirm to your beliefs and I can speak what I want to speak as it's a free country. Obviously, your more obsessed with me than I was obsessed with hating Frye so it's always great to have a fan. And as far as jumping on his bandwagon, I want the Suns to win and if he does good its for the better and I am not in anyone's bandwagon (well maybe slinslin's +/-). And every time I said he sucked, I truly meant it and I'm not going take that back just because he has found himself now. I ate crow, I never thought he'd be this better defensively because I felt he lacked the IQ and drive to improve. Obviously I don't think that now. He is a vastly improved player from last year and this year as well.

Are you banning me from having any interest in Frye? Are you some kind of fan enforcer??? Makes no sense...

You're just one of those fans who whine about a player and continue to say negative stuff about him. I'm not obsessed with you, I kept my mouth shut all year while you acted like a 12-year old. It is so easy for people to post that a player is a POS and he sucks and is the worst player in the history of basketball, but you would never have the guts to say it to Fry's face. Why people have so much anger and hate towards someone on the team he roots for is mindboggling.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're just one of those fans who whine about a player and continue to say negative stuff about him. I'm not obsessed with you, I kept my mouth shut all year while you acted like a 12-year old. It is so easy for people to post that a player is a POS and he sucks and is the worst player in the history of basketball, but you would never have the guts to say it to Fry's face. Why people have so much anger and hate towards someone on the team he roots for is mindboggling.

Are you saying since a fan doesn't say a player suck to his face that it invalidates how bad that player sucks? Is that a prerequisite for having an opinion? Sounds pretty ridiculous to me. So, if I find that movie sucks but I don't have the guts to hunt down the director or actor...that means what exactly?

Frye went through a streak of real suckage and diserved to be blasted. There is nothing wrong for saying a player sucks.....well while he sucks. If said player improves, what is wrong with acknowledging he is playing well when he actually is?

It sounds like what your saying is once you slam a player for playing like crap your forever barred from acknowledging he is playing well. That to me is mind boggling.

Did he go overboard with his hate? Probably. However, I was happy to see he could overcome it and actually give Frye his due. I respect him more for that as a fan.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson