The Magic of Whisenhunt

OP
OP
Duckjake

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
1.7 yards per carry rushing. Under 200 yards passing. 30-20 win. It's the CKW magic.

Since 2004 the Cards had won two games where they had less than 200 yards total offense. One of those was against the Giants and Kurt Warner. The game where Berry and Dansby combined for 6 sacks.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are you serious?? You claim in your first post here that "Whiz got lucky"
that Max proved his leadership skills... as if Whiz didn't see those skills in Max when he picked him - when 32 other teams chose not to? What exactly did you think Whiz saw in Max, if not his leadership qualities?? His exceptional height? His rocket arm?? You have to be kidding with this crap, aren't you??

:mulli:

Sadly I don't think he is.

Many of us were blindsided by the ML event. Several posters have gone crazy and can only think to blame Whiz, often using very creative imaginations.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Wrong Shane-----the real translation is that Leinart never had a shot to ever be our starting QB under Whizenhunt. Whizenhunt is an engineer, He does things, not because he has a feeling about them, but because he truly believes that everything can be measured and managed. He is a master manipulator.

If you think he has given up on DA, think again. Even Darren Urban told us that one of the biggest reasons that Whiz went with Max Hall to be the starter, was because Whiz felt that it would take most of the pressure off DA to bring him off the bench cold. He DID NOT MAKE MAX THE STARTER BECAUSE HE THOUGHT WE HAD A BETTER CHANCE TO WIN WITH HIM.

Whiz still feels that DA gives him the best chance to succeed BECAUSE HE HAS THE MEASUREABLES-----all the things that an engineer holds in high esteem because to him they make sense.

Look at his record so far. He is almost obsessed with things like arm strength, height, weight, speed, and stats. That is why he inactivated Dan Williams for a game-----he didn't reach a measureable (he was six thousandths of one percent overweight).

I would almost bet that Whiz is almost on overload today, trying to figure out how we won that game. It probably makes no sense at all to him. We didn't pass for a TD, we didn't run for a TD, yet we managed to put 30 points on the board.

The truth is that WE WON BECAUSE MAX HALL GOT HIS CHANCE TO PROVE THAT HE IS A BORN LEADER OF MEN. He went out on that field, and (BY SETTING AN EXAMPLE FOR HIS TEAM-MATES, GOT THEM TO BUY INTO WHAT HE WAS SELLING). Max Hall won this teams support and their loyalty, and he didn't do it with a big arm, or size, or speed. He did it because he had a FEELING FOR IT. Max Hall displayed what is called COMMAND PRESENCE. The players recognized it immediately. I doubt that Whiz ever will. These players, (collectively), would follow Max Hall into the very breech of hell itself, if he led them there. They proved it yesterday by overcoming every obstacle they faced, and every mistake they made, in order to win this game.

Meanwhile, Whiz got the opportunity that he was waiting for, just before the half. Max was blasted on the play where he turned upfield for the goal-line and gave up his body to get a score. He failed and was blasted at the 3 yard line. Levi picked up his fumble, and scored, but Max had to be helped off the field.

The very next series, Whiz brought in DA. This was the point at which he could prove his theory. DA threw a strike to Williams over the middle, then threw a high-ball to Williams again on the very next play. Williams paid the price for going up for that catch with a huge hit to his back. He did not return. Whiz's manipulation failed-----again. I'll bet that he is going crazy today trying to figure out why that is. All the measurables said that the situation was perfect for DA to succeed. The engineer in Whiz must be totally exasperated.

omg, you're just crazy.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wrong Shane-----the real translation is that Leinart never had a shot to ever be our starting QB under Whizenhunt. Whizenhunt is an engineer, He does things, not because he has a feeling about them, but because he truly believes that everything can be measured and managed. He is a master manipulator.

If you think he has given up on DA, think again. Even Darren Urban told us that one of the biggest reasons that Whiz went with Max Hall to be the starter, was because Whiz felt that it would take most of the pressure off DA to bring him off the bench cold. He DID NOT MAKE MAX THE STARTER BECAUSE HE THOUGHT WE HAD A BETTER CHANCE TO WIN WITH HIM.

Whiz still feels that DA gives him the best chance to succeed BECAUSE HE HAS THE MEASUREABLES-----all the things that an engineer holds in high esteem because to him they make sense.

Look at his record so far. He is almost obsessed with things like arm strength, height, weight, speed, and stats. That is why he inactivated Dan Williams for a game-----he didn't reach a measureable (he was six thousandths of one percent overweight).

I would almost bet that Whiz is almost on overload today, trying to figure out how we won that game. It probably makes no sense at all to him. We didn't pass for a TD, we didn't run for a TD, yet we managed to put 30 points on the board.

The truth is that WE WON BECAUSE MAX HALL GOT HIS CHANCE TO PROVE THAT HE IS A BORN LEADER OF MEN. He went out on that field, and (BY SETTING AN EXAMPLE FOR HIS TEAM-MATES, GOT THEM TO BUY INTO WHAT HE WAS SELLING). Max Hall won this teams support and their loyalty, and he didn't do it with a big arm, or size, or speed. He did it because he had a FEELING FOR IT. Max Hall displayed what is called COMMAND PRESENCE. The players recognized it immediately. I doubt that Whiz ever will. These players, (collectively), would follow Max Hall into the very breech of hell itself, if he led them there. They proved it yesterday by overcoming every obstacle they faced, and every mistake they made, in order to win this game.

Meanwhile, Whiz got the opportunity that he was waiting for, just before the half. Max was blasted on the play where he turned upfield for the goal-line and gave up his body to get a score. He failed and was blasted at the 3 yard line. Levi picked up his fumble, and scored, but Max had to be helped off the field.

The very next series, Whiz brought in DA. This was the point at which he could prove his theory. DA threw a strike to Williams over the middle, then threw a high-ball to Williams again on the very next play. Williams paid the price for going up for that catch with a huge hit to his back. He did not return. Whiz's manipulation failed-----again. I'll bet that he is going crazy today trying to figure out why that is. All the measurables said that the situation was perfect for DA to succeed. The engineer in Whiz must be totally exasperated.

lol.

In one sentence you say Max had to be helped off the field... and then in the next sentence you say Wiz "brought in DA to prove his theory"... how you don't see those two things correlating as cause and effect is beyond my comprehension. Wiz's "manipulation" failed again? He was FORCED to bring in a guy because his other QB was in LaLa land. You said so yourself!

I just don't get it...

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Hmmm.... I think this was Whis' master plan all along.

I heard Wolfley say on the radio yesterday that by week 2 in Flagstaff, everyone knew Max was the best QB on the team. A "grizzled" veteran voiced that opinion to him, as well as a few other players.

Some media predicted long ago Max wouuld start after the bye week. Apparently they knew something we didn't. :)

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I heard Wolfley say on the radio yesterday that by week 2 in Flagstaff, everyone knew Max was the best QB on the team. A "grizzled" veteran voiced that opinion to him, as well as a few other players.

Some media predicted long ago Max wouuld start after the bye week. Apparently they knew something we didn't. :)

I agree and the plan goes even deeper.

If ML was still on the team his performance would not have the fans and the players screaming for a change at QB. Whiz knew he wanted Max as the starter but wanted more time to coach him up.

Whiz knew how badly DA would play and that when he did insert Max we would be thrilled with his okayish performance because DA set the bar soooo low. :D

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Max was blasted on the play where he turned upfield for the goal-line and gave up his body to get a score. He failed and was blasted at the 3 yard line. Levi picked up his fumble, and scored, but Max had to be helped off the field.

I really think this play, stupid as it was, further solidified the other players' willingness to follow him. Smallest dude on the field, cutting it upfield against those dudes and getting pounded showed what he was willing to do--whatever he had to. He pretty much lead the intensity, and that's really hard to do when you're a rookie QB. They had no choice but to follow.

OP
OP
Duckjake

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

I think there were a lot of fans saying that Max would probably be starting after the bye week. Not so much because Hall was so good but because DA was so bad.

Doc Cardinal

Old Fart
Reaction score
I think there were a lot of fans saying that Max would probably be starting after the bye week. Not so much because Hall was so good but because DA was so bad.

Ding ding ding....winner winner chicken dinner.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score

Exactly. If all the everyone knew he was so bad, why start him to open the season? They needed some time to coach Max up.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly. When Patrick fumbled in the fourth quarter, it showed exactly why you do not put the ball in the air in that situation. History has shown that the Cards are a Murphy's Law team.

So because a runner fumbled the ball after he caught it, it shouldn't have been thrown? If the runner fumbled the ball after he has it, should a run not have been called too?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

+100

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So because a runner fumbled the ball after he caught it, it shouldn't have been thrown? If the runner fumbled the ball after he has it, should a run not have been called too?
This is why the Cards should have punted on third down. :)
iwin.gif

Carddan

Average Fan
Reaction score
I keep trying to figure out The Coach. I can't. Of course, I can't figure out how this team is 3-2 and that's fine with me.

Things I will never know:
1. When did Coach know Matt would not be his starter and why?
2. When did Coach know DA would not be his starter?
3. When did Coach know Max would start and what did he think the timing of that would be?
4. Does Coach believe Max is the starter for the rest of this season and beyond?

I've been wrong about 1-3.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Are you serious?? You claim in your first post here that "Whiz got lucky"
that Max proved his leadership skills... as if Whiz didn't see those skills in Max when he picked him - when 32 other teams chose not to? What exactly did you think Whiz saw in Max, if not his leadership qualities?? His exceptional height? His rocket arm?? You have to be kidding with this crap, aren't you??

:mulli:

I am serious------remember, Whiz had the same looks at ALL the QB's during OTA's, TC, and Pre-Season. He ignored Max and Leinart, and Skelton to go with measurables that only DA possessed. (and don't go off about Skelton having a big arm-----he also has no knowlege of the pro game). He chose DA for his measurables, not for the intangibles. He as always done this, and always will.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He chose DA for his measurables, not for the intangibles. He as always done this, and always will.

Do you have history that you can present that backs this asinine statement up?

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I love the fact that Max wanted to play for the Cards. We didn't choose the little guy, he chose us. I am really glad Whiz had the cajones to ride with this guy, this midget, this Mad Max. :)

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
lol.

In one sentence you say Max had to be helped off the field... and then in the next sentence you say Wiz "brought in DA to prove his theory"... how you don't see those two things correlating as cause and effect is beyond my comprehension. Wiz's "manipulation" failed again? He was FORCED to bring in a guy because his other QB was in LaLa land. You said so yourself!

I just don't get it...

Max did need help off the field. He had the wind knocked out of him. DA was inserted after the Saints had a series on the field after we scored. If you watched the game, you would have seen Max, standing next to Whiz whith his helmet strapped on, pleading to get back into the game. He was not knocked out, he had no concussion problems. When Whiz inserted DA into the game, Max was completely ready to return.

Whiz just knew that this was the time he could prove his theory about DA coming in with no pressure on him. Failed again. I will say unoquivically, that if DA had succeeded, we would not have seen Max at all the rest of the game. Not to be though-----DA will never be a leader-----he has no leadership qualities, he only has all the measurables, and that is what Whiz, the engineer, recognized above all. Something sound, and solid, that he can use to build on. Not something you have a feeling about. Doubt me if you will, but DA is still, Whiz's choice for QB.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you watched the game, you would have seen Max, standing next to Whiz whith his helmet strapped on, pleading to get back into the game.

BS no he wasn't. I watched and all they did was show him standing there with his helmet on. He wasn't pleading for anything. Now you are just making stuff up to fit your argument.