Little-Speed-Hyphen

Carddan

Average Fan
Reaction score
Yesterday, I Lived it. Today, I am watching it. Wow. I will try to regroup and post my observations later, but, already I have to say I am seeing an intensity and determination from our team I didn't know was there.

For example, down 10-0, Little-Speed-Hyphen took the return back to the 50 and you could see the fire and intensity of the team. You could also hear it from the fans. We were down 10-0 and could be setting up for a blow-out loss. That return kept us in the game, gave a rookie QB a short field, and led to 3 points. There was no "quit" in any of us!

Imagine starting at the 20 and going three and out down by 10. Thanks to LSH, that didn't happen.

(It is our idiot of a Coach who found a place on the team for an 7th rd draft pick and back-up running back from the U of Pitt)

Last edited:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Hyphen is the biggest steal that I can remember.

I cannot believe we got this guy in the 7th round. He is a weapon.

OP
OP
Carddan

Carddan

Average Fan
Reaction score
I love this kid. He's so easy to root for and seems like a great guy. Absolute steal.

I'm not a big fan of men crying in public. As far as I'm concerned, you can only do it once and can't take it back...not like Brett Favre. LSH broke down when he was drafted in the 7th round by the Cardinals. He knew he was getting one chance for his lifelong dream to come true. He is making the most of it. His tears were real, he keeps his "ManCard" in my book.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of men crying in public. As far as I'm concerned, you can only do it once and can't take it back...not like Brett Favre. LSH broke down when he was drafted in the 7th round by the Cardinals. He knew he was getting one chance for his lifelong dream to come true. He is making the most of it. His tears were real, he keeps his "ManCard" in my book.

Thats cool, I didn't know that. :)

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
Yesterday, I Lived it. Today, I am watching it. Wow. I will try to regroup and post my observations later, but, already I have to say I am seeing an intensity and determination from our team I didn't know was there.

For example, down 10-0, Little-Speed-Hyphen took the return back to the 50 and you could see the fire and intensity of the team. You could also hear it from the fans. We were down 10-0 and could be setting up for a blow-out loss. That return kept us in the game, gave a rookie QB a short field, and led to 3 points. There was no "quit" in any of us!

Imagine starting at the 20 and going three and out down by 10. Thanks to LSH, that didn't happen.

(It is our idiot of a Coach who found a place on the team for an 7th rd draft pick and back-up running back from the U of Pitt)

Great post. LSH at this point could be considered the Cards MVP.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I'm trying to dig up the link unless someone beats me to it. I have a feeling it will be worth watching in hindsight.

It was an audio link, but worth listening to, hard not to cheer for this kid.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Hyphen is the biggest steal that I can remember.

I cannot believe we got this guy in the 7th round. He is a weapon.

Max Hall - undrafted...
Stephen Williams - undrafted...
Max Komar - undrafted...
Greg Toler - unknown 4th round pick...
Timmy Hightower - 5th round pick...

I would say Whiz, Graves and their staff seem to have quite the knack for locating late round and undrafted talent. Timmy not as much, but the rest of them still have a ton to prove. However, they are all starting and generally speaking, playing well.

thephoenixson28

All Star
Reaction score
I think he makes the pro bowl for special teams this year. He reminds me of Maurice jones drew

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Max Hall - undrafted...
Stephen Williams - undrafted...
Max Komar - undrafted...
Greg Toler - unknown 4th round pick...
Timmy Hightower - 5th round pick...

I would say Whiz, Graves and their staff seem to have quite the knack for locating late round and undrafted talent. Timmy not as much, but the rest of them still have a ton to prove. However, they are all starting and generally speaking, playing well.

Now if they could only hit more on the higher picks...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the kid's special. it's awesome to finally have a kick-returner who's a legit threat on every play.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Now if they could only hit more on the higher picks...

Well... the jury is still out on a bunch of the higher picks, such as:

- Beanie
- Campbell
- Williams
- Washington
- Branch
- Roberts
- Rashad Johnson

DRC has played up to his draft position, though I still think he has more upside.
Levi Brown has been a disappointment for sure.
Clearly, Cody Brown was a wasted pick...

Another name that will be bear watching is O'Brien Schofield... 4th rounder, but could be another mid-late round gem for Whiz and Co.

I think at this stage, it's difficult to really assess Whiz's early round drafting...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave