OT: 49ers implosion continues

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

You point to a single player that you're admitting is merely "serviceable" and that refutes my claim that the Cards haven't had a lot of success with FAs?

Oh, boy. I guess you showed me.

You could have pointed out a handful of other guys that would make your case better, such as Hagans or Berry or some guy named Warner. But I'll still stand by my claim that the cards have had more success growing their own guys than getting them off the FA market.

I didn't say he was merely serviceable, in fact he looked pretty darn good last week

Carddan

Average Fan
Reaction score
49ers earn another HUGE moral victory, ha, ha, ha. Hey, it ain't over 'til it's over so I don't count them out. But still, 0-4 is pretty cool for a team that has played pretty well a couple of times.

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Disagree completely.

Everything I said is realty. There are a bunch of FORMER cards doing very well all around the NFL. The personal that Graves and Whis have brought in to replace those losses just are not cutting the mustard. Even a guy like you that wears blinders when it comes to graves can see it on the field right now.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
9ers will go 2-14. We all know where they will get their 2 wins

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
9ers will go 2-14. We all know where they will get their 2 wins

My biggest fear is they get the first pick and Andrew Luck decides to come out. I keep hearing he's staying at Stanford but it would be our bad fortune that he decides to come out and ends up on an opponent for the next 12-15 years.

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My biggest fear is they get the first pick and Andrew Luck decides to come out. I keep hearing he's staying at Stanford but it would be our bad fortune that he decides to come out and ends up on an opponent for the next 12-15 years.

I know the Ducks just thrashed them, but Luck is really a pretty decent qb. and No, I don't want the 9ers to get him either

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score

Buffalo is going to be the worst team this year. SF has played tough at home thus far. They probably win 5 games including 3 home division wins.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Come high or high water, success or failure the QBOF is already on the roster in either Hall or Skelton and the Cards will probably pass on a franchise player to waste another first round pick on an Olineman...again

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Can you imagine facing Andrew Luck and Sam Bradford for the next 12 years? Ugh. It'll be nothing like having Troy Aikman and Donovan McNabb in your division. :bang:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if luck is gone......come on down Mallet!...you too John Gruden.

I'd love for SF to get Mallett, I think he's a bust waiting to happen. Great arm but doesn't understand the game. Plus I haven't forgiven him for not transferring to UCLA !

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd love for SF to get Mallett, I think he's a bust waiting to happen. Great arm but doesn't understand the game. Plus I haven't forgiven him for not transferring to UCLA !

Those were really 2 bad picks he threw in the Alabama game

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those were really 2 bad picks he threw in the Alabama game

Yep I admit I haven't seen him play too often but every game I've seen him in he's made mistakes at the worst possible time.

There's a guy who posts on the UCLA board a lot who said in the offseason this year UCLA is so lucky he didn't pick UCLA because he makes crucial mistakes, and they could never run the pistol with him at QB.

He does have a great arm though, but then so does DA.

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
Even though the 49ers are 0-4, they have atleast been competitive against the good teams. :(

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Yep I admit I haven't seen him play too often but every game I've seen him in he's made mistakes at the worst possible time.

There's a guy who posts on the UCLA board a lot who said in the offseason this year UCLA is so lucky he didn't pick UCLA because he makes crucial mistakes, and they could never run the pistol with him at QB.

He does have a great arm though, but then so does DA.
I remember watching a game at the end of last year and the announcer talked to his coach about whether Mallet should go pro. They basically sadi he needed another year because he's such a head case. One year isn't going to change that. Like I heard on the radio, I see alot of Ryan Leaf and Dan McGwire in Mallet.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll take heat for this, but I was actually rooting for the 9ers to win yesterday after they jumped out to the quick lead. A third of my big-money survivor pool would have been gone.

Fire away.

For the very same reason I was really pulling for the Panthers. Sadly and coincidentally, both were 16-14 games decided in the final moments.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everything I said is realty. There are a bunch of FORMER cards doing very well all around the NFL. The personal that Graves and Whis have brought in to replace those losses just are not cutting the mustard. Even a guy like you that wears blinders when it comes to graves can see it on the field right now.

Like Rolle? The main guy we haven't been able to replace is Warner. Until we find an acceptable solution there, this team will struggle.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They will win more games than us if something doesn't change here quick! At least as someone said they are competitive against good team we are getting trounced! Wish our defense was as good as theirs!

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
They will win more games than us if something doesn't change here quick! At least as someone said they are competitive against good team we are getting trounced! Wish our defense was as good as theirs!
Their defense played pretty well yesterday, but that hasn't been their biggest problem anyway. All the controversy has centered around the offense and the playcalling.

The offense scored 7 points. That aint gonna get it done. Better go to plan D.

Vick getting hurt may help them this week. They stand a better chance of beating Philly with Kolb if keeps sucking. 49ers still need to figure out how to score though.

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The main guy we haven't been able to replace is Warner. Until we find an acceptable solution there, this team will struggle.

So being able to replace Warner will make the Cards competitive on the playing field? You are putting a great deal of pressure on just one player.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fun to watch Atlanta come back on San Fran. San Fran scores 14 points to start then game, then nothing else.

The Fox announcer, who is pretty good on NFL Network draft coverage keeps praising Singletary for having the 9ers ready to play. Hello?!?

"I know they are 0-4, but he had them ready to play!"

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So being able to replace Warner will make the Cards competitive on the playing field? You are putting a great deal of pressure on just one player.
Key terms, acceptable replacement.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Fun to watch Atlanta come back on San Fran. San Fran scores 14 points to start then game, then nothing else.
More specifically, the offense scored at the 5:57 mark of the first quarter and then did nothing else the rest of the game.

A big part of this loss has to fall on the defensive coaching. Surely they have to tell those guys in that situation that if you get an INT, FALL ON THE GROUND. Nothing good can come out of trying to make an unnecessary score to pad your lead.

That was the type of play that cost Marty Shottenheimer his job a few years ago after the Chargers went 14-2 and lost at home to New England.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson