Where is Dan Williams?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He has a long way to go to be the PBer and instant great QB you are all saying he is a lock to be.

Who said that? The argument was specifically the guy said he thought he was going to be lousy, and Bradford has proven him wrong.

You are making an Evil Kenevil leap from "lousy" to "PBer and instant great," Shane. You specifically questioned why the guy changed his mind on him being "lousy." You don't think the results so far show him not to be "lousy?" He doesn't have to set the world on fire to not be a pile of ass.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who said that? The argument was specifically the guy said he thought he was going to be lousy, and Bradford has proven him wrong.

You are making an Evil Kenevil leap from "lousy" to "PBer and instant great," Shane. You specifically questioned why the guy changed his mind on him being "lousy." You don't think the results so far show him not to be "lousy?" He doesn't have to set the world on fire to not be a pile of ass.

He needs to do more than he has in order to be referred to as "good", "the real deal", "legit", "going to be a stud" etc.. etc..

Has he shown promise? Yes. But he hasn't done anything to warrant that praise IMO. We all know rooks tend to struggle a bit and from here it can still go either way with him. Like I said give it time and defenses time to game plan for him etc.. We will see. I certainly wouldn't bet against him. but the praise reaped upon him is grossly pre mature IMO.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He needs to do more than he has in order to be referred to as "good", "the real deal", "legit", "going to be a stud" etc.. etc..

Has he shown promise? Yes. But he hasn't done anything to warrant that praise IMO. We all know rooks tend to struggle a bit and from here it can still go either way with him. Like I said give it time and defenses time to game plan for him etc.. We will see. I certainly wouldn't bet against him. but the praise reaped upon him is grossly pre mature IMO.

The question was lousy. Not "good", "the real deal", "legit", "going to be a stud" etc..

Again, do you think he is lousy based on what you've seen from this rookie QB on one of the worst teams in the league last year?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry Shane, not lousy. MISERABLE. Clausen was the one he thought would be lousy (he's right). Do you find Bradford to be MISERABLE?

Actually, i thought the entire draft class of QBs was pretty miserable, although Bradford is proving me wrong.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The question was lousy. Not "good", "the real deal", "legit", "going to be a stud" etc..

Again, do you think he is lousy based on what you've seen from this rookie QB on one of the worst teams in the league last year?

Nope I don't find him miserable at all. I never quoted that or referred to it prior to this. All I said starting it out was "how is he proving you wrong."

I think he is mediocre to average just like I stated before. If you are comparing him to other starting QB's and how they performed as rookies I would say his right in line. But from this point he can either go up or down and it is completely a crap shoot IMO. Way to early to use words like many have on this board describing him. Its as simple as that.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Nope I don't find him miserable at all. I never quoted that or referred to it prior to this. All I said starting it out was "how is he proving you wrong."

I think he is mediocre to average just like I stated before. If you are comparing him to other starting QB's and how they performed as rookies I would say his right in line. But from this point he can either go up or down and it is completely a crap shoot IMO. Way to early to use words like many have on this board describing him. Its as simple as that.

Shane, not sure what you're missing with Bradford?? Most believe he is legit, a true stud in the making. He has all of the physical tools, along with the mental toughness - and has been commended for his decision-making skills.
The kid is just that, a kid. For his first 3 games as a rookie, he's provided solid evidence of what lies ahead for him. And his win over the Skins last Sunday shows he's got the needed leadership skills as well. The kid is playing behind arguably the worst o-line in the entire NFL, and he's completing 60% of his passes, throwing to who??

C'mon man. IMHO, we will be seeing Mr. Bradford at the top of the QB rankings for many, many years down the road.

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yes, you did. That was the exact quote you responded to, directly. You basically asked how he was proving not to be miserable.

:mulli:

Then I replied "Because he's obviously not lousy?" as what the proof might have been.

To which you replied: "Does his under 70 QB rating, more INT's than TD's or his 5.6 YPA give you that impression?"

So, you say above that you don't find him miserable. He isn't lousy. Yet you are putting up his numbers as an example of him being....what? Average? Mediocre? Then why are you asking the question in the first place?

I think we all know that lousy/miserable < mediocre/average. You are simply wanting to argue, but you got your hand caught in the cookie jar on this one, bro. Just take it out slowly, and I'll even let you eat the cookie. :dcr:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, you did. That was the exact quote you responded to, directly. You basically asked how he was proving not to be miserable.

:mulli:

Then I replied "Because he's obviously not lousy?" as what the proof might have been.

To which you replied: "Does his under 70 QB rating, more INT's than TD's or his 5.6 YPA give you that impression?"

So, you say above that you don't find him miserable. He isn't lousy. Yet you are putting up his numbers as an example of him being....what? Average? Mediocre? Then why are you asking the question in the first place?

I think we all know that lousy/miserable < mediocre/average. You are simply wanting to argue, but you got your hand caught in the cookie jar on this one, bro. Just take it out slowly, and I'll even let you eat the cookie. :dcr:

No your right I looked back I did quote his whole post. Either way the point remains the same I don't find him miserable. But at the same time I don't find him to be good or legit or a true QBOF at this point in time.

Last edited:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Michael Irvin said that whenever he sees Sam Bradford play, he sees Troy Aikman.

I guess that means unless Bradford gets too play with a MUCH improved OL, a WR that makes plays and a MUCH better running game, the Rams are doomed. :)

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Michael Irvin said that whenever he sees Sam Bradford play, he sees Troy Aikman.

I guess that means unless Bradford gets too play with a MUCH improved OL, a WR that makes plays and a MUCH better running game, the Rams are doomed. :)

Not good to be compared to a 43 year old TV announcer.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No your right I looked back I did quote his whole post. Either way the point remains the same I don't find him miserable. But at the same time I don't find him to be good or legit or a true QBOF at this point in time.

That's all I wanted to hear. Enjoy your cookie, you dadgum time-wasting friend o' mine.

:)