Impatience

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think that instead of waiting until the end of the season or after certain games to fire coaches or cut players that it should be done after each play. If a player screws up, cut him immediately. If a coach makes a bad decision, fire him on the spot. Do you think that would satisfy some of you impatient yahoos out there? Let's try that on your jobs and see how long you last.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I think that instead of waiting until the end of the season or after certain games to fire coaches or cut players that it should be done after each play. If a player screws up, cut him immediately. If a coach makes a bad decision, fire him on the spot. Do you think that would satisfy some of you impatient yahoos out there? Let's try that on your jobs and see how long you last.

I live it everyday. 2 1/2 years and counting!

Next challenge ?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Welcome to ASFN, Derek Anderson

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Better yet, fire them before a play because you think they will play bad.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Leaving a bad player that affects your teams play badly on the field the whole season is bad coaching. I think Whiz will make a switch if DA continues to play like this and when the scoreboard reflects his play. So I guess I am a yahoo with patience. ;)

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
While I agree with the premise that we need to be patient with this team as it's still a work in progress, the "let's try that on our real jobs" analogy doesn't work. There are plenty of jobs out there that don't tolerate the levels of performance that the Cards have been putting up. If you're in a job where accuracy matters for example, and you're 10-15% below average you won't last long. Well that's where DA's completion % is.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I understand you point and I agree with you. Reading this board, you would think we were 0 - 3 instead of 2 - 1. The Cards aren't playing well, but they are still winning the games they should win. I predicted a 2 - 3 start and still winding up with a 10 - 6 record. We are on the road to do that.

I think we have a chance against San Diego and having NO at home is going to be a big help. We could easily win one or both of those games. One big win and this team will be off and running.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I understand you point and I agree with you. Reading this board, you would think we were 0 - 3 instead of 2 - 1. The Cards aren't playing well, but they are still winning the games they should win. I predicted a 2 - 3 start and still winding up with a 10 - 6 record. We are on the road to do that.

I think we have a chance against San Diego and having NO at home is going to be a big help. We could easily win one or both of those games. One big win and this team will be off and running.

If you had predicted an 0-3 start and they were 0-3 would you still be satisfied?

I don't think we are concerned as much because we dodged a bullet vs the Raiders but because that 41-7 pasting by Atlanta still looms very large.

Sure the Cards survived being crushed by Carolina in similar fashion last season but we had a much more potent offense with Warner and Q than we do now with DA and Stephen Williams.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Have to be since passing the ball is clearly out of the question. :D

All the new players on D continue to gel, youngins continue to improve and DA improves his play to okayish and 10-6 is still a possibility.

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score
As incentive, dock them part of their weekly salary every time they cause a penalty before the ball is snapped, the QB missing the open receiver, the receiver dropping a ball he should have caught, and any player fumbling the ball.

In the same way, give the player a bonus on causing the fumble, recovering the fumble, scoring the winning touchdown or field goal.

Bobcat

Reaction score
Leaving a bad player that affects your teams play badly on the field the whole season is bad coaching. I think Whiz will make a switch if DA continues to play like this and when the scoreboard reflects his play. So I guess I am a yahoo with patience. ;)

Continues to play like this...!!! Heck DA's play or lack of play has decimated our WR's. Whiz should bench him now or Resign as the head coach.

BOBCAT
:mad:

OP
OP
tnmike

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
As incentive, dock them part of their weekly salary every time they cause a penalty before the ball is snapped, the QB missing the open receiver, the receiver dropping a ball he should have caught, and any player fumbling the ball.

In the same way, give the player a bonus on causing the fumble, recovering the fumble, scoring the winning touchdown or field goal.
How about a fine and some jail time ?

Reaction score
True, the Cardinals could win one or even both games (vs. SD and vs. NO) but in neither case will it be easily accomplished...

;)

Reaction score

Outside of the performance incentives already written into individual contracts, the team is not permitted by the rules to pay any additional incentives.

Neither can players be financially penalized for non-performance, or poor performance; aside from being cut, that is.

Angel

Registered
Reaction score
True, the Cardinals could win one or even both games (vs. SD and vs. NO) but in neither case will it be easily accomplished...

;)

We have all watched a lot of Cardinal football.

I can't remember the last time they ever easily accomplished..... it has always been a battle.

Even at our best we play to our competition. Blowouts? Well that is just the other team sneaking up on us. Shoot if anyone here wanted easy they shouldn't have picked the Cards to root for, easy is just not in our playbook.

:)

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We have all watched a lot of Cardinal football.

I can't remember the last time they ever easily accomplished..... it has always been a battle.

Even at our best we play to our competition. Blowouts? Well that is just the other team sneaking up on us. Shoot if anyone here wanted easy they shouldn't have picked the Cards to root for, easy is just not in our playbook.

:)

Thats just good stuff.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Continues to play like this...!!! Heck DA's play or lack of play has decimated our WR's. Whiz should bench him now or Resign as the head coach.

ok, I like to stay away from personal attacks as much as I possibly can, but I can't take it anymore. You're a freaking ..

Ban me if you want Mods. Someone had to just say what the rest of us all feeling.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
ok, I like to stay away from personal attacks as much as I possibly can, but I can't take it anymore. You're a freaking ..

Ban me if you want Mods. Someone had to just say what the rest of us all feeling.

lol

Last edited by a moderator: