Could this loss light a fire under this teams ass?

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe Dockett and DRC will actually show up next week? :bang:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I don't think so.

I think this team is what it is.

We will see.

OP
OP
WarnerHOF

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
I don't think so.

We will see.

I hope not.

It's extremely concerning that aside from one game aside against the Rams, offenses have moved up the field at will in the last four games. Even then, the defense was showing its cracks against the Rams on covering the short passing patterns. Davis better make some adjustments to his defense next week, it's just unacceptable how the team can be beat all game long on 5 yard passes. The Raiders definately aren't easy beats next week with a revitalized Darren McFadden running the ball and Asomugha in their secondary who I hope DA is smart enough to not target. If only Jason Campbell still had the starting job, I would feel 10x more calmer. Bruce Gradkowski has heart and the will to win.

mrbyte

Be careful what you wish for.
Reaction score
Why do we keep having to 'learn from' or get a 'wake up call' from these embarrasments.
the thing is by the fact that we have heard this before proves we don't learn from them. good teams get motivated and don't need to be humiliated once a season to get going.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
According to Joey Porter guys were laughing in the showers after the game. They will either show up next week or Joey Porter will literally kill them b4 the next game.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can't make a silk purse from a sows ear.

There ain't no fire in the world that is going to suddenly turn Derek Anderson into a great and consistant QB. We will constinue to sputter and clunk along trhu this entire season. We will have a chance to win a few games where the defense decides to show up or special teams play out of their collective mind.

With Warner we could actually go into a game thinking," we need to score 30 points to win this game".

Does anybody out htere truly believe this team will score 30 points in ANY game this year? I don't. Add that to a suspect average or below average defense and it spells 6-10....maybe 7-9, at BEST.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
When you have a Chevy Vega at QB don't expect it to perform like a Rolls Royce or even a Lexus.

chickenhead

Reaction score
Maybe we were fooled last year when the Cards won a couple big games on the road and made us rethink the standard view that such a thing was not in Arizona's makeup?

But keep in mind that next Sunday's game is the home opener. The fans are going to pumped. There will be some desperation in it--but they will show. I just hope it doesn't make Anderson even more chaotic.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we find out a lot next week. Whiz changed this team, for years we were a team that would quit when the going got tough. Whiz changed that, look at the blowout losses in the Superbowl year, the team was always able to come back when they had to.

Now we find out was that because of Warner, and Dansby etc, or was that because Whiz had the players believing they could come back?

Oakland is good enough to beat us, and bad enough to lose big to us, they have a QB controversy now themselves. IT will be interesting to see how the Cards respond.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think we find out a lot next week. Whiz changed this team, for years we were a team that would quit when the going got tough. Whiz changed that, look at the blowout losses in the Superbowl year, the team was always able to come back when they had to.

Now we find out was that because of Warner, and Dansby etc, or was that because Whiz had the players believing they could come back?

Oakland is good enough to beat us, and bad enough to lose big to us, they have a QB controversy now themselves. IT will be interesting to see how the Cards respond.

Yeah. If you can hang in against the Raiders, they'll probably beat themselves. But they're a hard team to come back against.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back in the day, a Corvair Spyder was a pretty good car. Wouldn't want to be in a front end collision with one though

We have a Yugo and a coach that thinks a Yugo is a nice car. :thud:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

agreed. that has been the hallmark of Wiz's tenure. The team has been resilient. Unfortunately, it's a lot tougher to be resilient when the team watches it's two most important players on O and D (and two of the best in the league) leave and they replace them with utter and complete pieces of garbage (DA and Lennon).

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I hope so, it would be nice to have a great home opener and throw a serious beakdown on some team less fortunate than us.

desertrat218

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm actually glad I had to work and missed yesterdays game. What little I heard on the radio was aggravating, plus what the heck is going on with all the penalties?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't think so.

We will see.

i agree. i don't think this was about not having the necessary fire. i think this was about not having the necessary talent and getting outcoached.