Quick Post Game Thoughts...

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
- Remains clear to me that DA & Fitz still need time together in order to get in sync...

- I love Whiz - but I just can't let him off regarding the mental mistakes and penalties this team continues to produce. There are no valid excuses. Great coaches find a way to fix this crap. At this moment, the Cards are no better than they were under Denny... sickening.

- Continuing with our tradition of making pro-bowlers out of scrubs... Snelling absolutely ripped us today. I don't think I've ever seen a guy carry so many defenders for an entire game like he did today. We were literally bouncing off of him! He would tack on another 5-6 yards after the initial and second hits from our guys... pathetic.

- Our o-line is horrendous. For all those who want DA out of there, you'll get your wish soon as the o-line is on track to have DA in the hospital very soon!

- Joey Porter is toast... period. The dude has squat left in the tank... He's a total non-factor.

- DRC continues to seriously irk me. I just don't appreciate his style of game... White had a very good day against him today.

- Tolar still has a ton to learn. Ouch...

- Why is it that the Falcons were in our backfield literally all day today, and yet, we barely got a finger on Ryan? We still can't generate a legit pass rush adn this will seriously haunt us all season long...

- I know Dockett is getting doublle teamed on every play, and in some cases I saw 3 guys assigned to him today. But if that's the case, how the hell aren't other players getting to the QB???

- Was not impressed with Williams today... granted, it was in limited action, but I have yet to see what makes this kid a first rounder...

Need to bounce back in a major way next week...

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
- Remains clear to me that DA & Fitz still need time together in order to get in sync.....

You could put the Jolly Green Giant in a #11 jersey and he couldn't get to any of the passes thrown to him

Paso Fino

Veteran
Reaction score
- Remains clear to me that DA & Fitz still need time together in order to get in sync...

- I love Whiz - but I just can't let him off regarding the mental mistakes and penalties this team continues to produce. There are no valid excuses. Great coaches find a way to fix this crap. At this moment, the Cards are no better than they were under Denny... sickening.

- Continuing with our tradition of making pro-bowlers out of scrubs... Snelling absolutely ripped us today. I don't think I've ever seen a guy carry so many defenders for an entire game like he did today. We were literally bouncing off of him! He would tack on another 5-6 yards after the initial and second hits from our guys... pathetic.

- Our o-line is horrendous. For all those who want DA out of there, you'll get your wish soon as the o-line is on track to have DA in the hospital very soon!

- Joey Porter is toast... period. The dude has squat left in the tank... He's a total non-factor.

- DRC continues to seriously irk me. I just don't appreciate his style of game... White had a very good day against him today.

- Why is it that the Falcons were in our backfield literally all day today, and yet, we barely got a finger on Ryan? We still can't generate a legit pass rush adn this will seriously haunt us all season long...

- I know Dockett is getting doublle teamed on every play, and in some cases I saw 3 guys assigned to him today. But if that's the case, how the hell aren't other players getting to the QB???

- Was not impressed with Williams today... granted, it was in limited action, but I have yet to see what makes this kid a first rounder...

This is the best post of the day. Rather than just piling on DA the way most posters have done, he points out the weaknesses that were evident everywhere.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
I think it's ironic that Whis was a tight end, yet we don't even consider using them in this offense. Ben Patrick is solid, take some pressure off the running game and the wideouts by using the guy.
Ugh. What a mess.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it's ironic that Whis was a tight end, yet we don't even consider using them in this offense. Ben Patrick is solid, take some pressure off the running game and the wideouts by using the guy.
Ugh. What a mess.

We did try but wide and high missed a wide open Patrick at a key point in the game. May have gone for a TD.

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
We did try but wide and high missed a wide open Patrick at a key point in the game. May have gone for a TD.

LMAO... Bad throw for sure... But you fail to mention the hit DA took as he threw that ball. And had it been completed, there was zero chance of it going for aTD as there were at least 2 defenders within a yard or two of Patrick, who, as a TE, was not about to outrun anyone...

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LMAO... Bad throw for sure... But you fail to mention the hit DA took as he threw that ball. And had it been completed, there was zero chance of it going for aTD as there were at least 2 defenders within a yard or two of Patrick, who, as a TE, was not about to outrun anyone...

Watch the replay. Ball was thrown before he was hit. Was a horrendous throw and both announcers said it could have went for a TD. LMAO that you would even attempt to defend that performance today. And yes the D was a disgrace today also.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score

You need to consider a career in politics, your powers of spin are legion.

DA blows.

You made good points but there is a glaring missing item on your list of things that went wrong.

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Watch the replay. Ball was thrown before he was hit. Was a horrendous throw and both announcers said it could have went for a TD. LMAO that you would even attempt to defend that performance today. And yes the D was a disgrace today also.

Not much that needs defending... he was not good at all today. I've seen plenty of worse performances however, many times on this team.
All I'm suggesting is that he was not nearly as bad as you and others are attempting to state as fact.
The pressure on the throw you are referencing here did play a role. Still should have been a more accurate toss, but you can't deny that the pressure had a impact - ALL DAY as a matter of fact. And, you need to watch the play again as there was no way whatsoever that Patrick would have taken that pass to the house... none.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Not much that needs defending... he was not good at all today. I've seen plenty of worse performances however, many times on this team.
All I'm suggesting is that he was not nearly as bad as you and others are attempting to state as fact.
The pressure on the throw you are referencing here did play a role. Still should have been a more accurate toss, but you can't deny that the pressure had a impact - ALL DAY as a matter of fact. And, you need to watch the play again as there was no way whatsoever that Patrick would have taken that pass to the house... none.

All you Matt haters get to ride that DA bus, enjoy it, you cheered for it, we're on it, seriously buckle up.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Hey, be happy with DA at QB for all I care. The guy is awful in my opinion but enjoy him only for about a couple of weeks because when he starts tossing them up at home he will be benched. Even his completions require adjustments by the receivers.

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
I'M already looking at Ryan Mallett for Arkansas with the way the whole team played today.

Porter is so DONE.Has nothing to offer.Same with Robinson & Faneca.This was'nt the lambs today.Haddans is barely hanging on.I'm just shocked at watching DA and our recievers.ITS SAD!!!

Washington is making takles but way down field each time.Our 1st rounder needs a year or two.Why can't Gabe Watson get over an ankle in 3 weeks.I just joined the Darkside today.It was a flagday but no fluke.

This is a picture of Darnell Dockett as my avatar and what they made him look like today.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Cardinals only problem was QB, I think there might be some hope. Their problems run so much deeper than QB. The Cardinals offensive and defensive lines were terrible. In fairness to DA (I'm not a fan) the Cardinals offensive line could put most any QB in the hospital.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the Cardinals only problem was QB, I think there might be some hope. Their problems run so much deeper than QB. The Cardinals offensive and defensive lines were terrible. In fairness to DA (I'm not a fan) the Cardinals offensive line could put most any QB in the hospital.

You burn that blitz a couple of times and it will slow it down. DA can't do it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You burn that blitz a couple of times and it will slow it down. DA can't do it.

Kurt Warner was a master at beating the blitz but I bet he's glad he got out when he did. I had faith in KW but not the offensive line.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sad, but true.

Coaching staff did not have this team ready to play and must take a lot of the blame.

Whiz is head coach, so it's on him.
dcr.gif

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Derek Anderson. The only QB in the league that can't figure out how to throw it to the best WR in football.