Skelton & final cuts

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I hope that he makes it to the PS. He's definitely raw.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
If he gets cut or makes it to the PS, who is the 3rd QB on the active roster ?

OP
OP
earthsci

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Assuming that they keep Leinart, it would be DA, Leinart & Hall. So, Hall.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd cut him and either bring in Batch or roll with Leinart.

Skelton is RAW and will make it to the PS. If not, oh well. RAW and needs a LOT of work. I'd rather invest the time and effort into Max Hall.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Skelton is RAW and will make it to the PS. If not, oh well. RAW and needs a LOT of work. I'd rather invest the time and effort into Max Hall.

I would almost bet the ranch that Skelton doesn't get cut & teams would salivate to get a young kid with his skills on their team regardless if they had to make him #3 & put him on the roster.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cards traded up to pick Skeleton in the 5th round. He will make the 53 man team. He would not clear waivers. Its going to be Anderson, Hall and Skeleton. Leinart will be gone.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would almost bet the ranch that Skelton doesn't get cut & teams would salivate to get a young kid with his skills on their team regardless if they had to make him #3 & put him on the roster.

Meh. He had a good showing the first preseason game, and since then he has looked bad...like he did at the red/white scrimmage. Just bad. He's got the toolset, but he's a long way off. Hall has the toolset, and is a lot closer.

I do not want two rookies behind DA...I'd rather have Hall and a Vet. Skelton may or may not make it to the PS or stay there, but it's not a big loss, IMO. If the QBOF is on our roster, it's Hall and not Skelton.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a good chance no one would put Skelton onto their active roster. There is no chance Max Hall makes it to the PS. JMO

Buckybird

Reaction score
Meh. He had a good showing the first preseason game, and since then he has looked bad...like he did at the red/white scrimmage. Just bad. He's got the toolset, but he's a long way off. Hall has the toolset, and is a lot closer.

I do not want two rookies behind DA...I'd rather have Hall and a Vet. Skelton may or may not make it to the PS or stay there, but it's not a big loss, IMO. If the QBOF is on our roster, it's Hall and not Skelton.

I'm on the Hall bandwagon too, but I don't see the Cards risking wasting 2 draft picks for Skelton & trying to sneek him thru waivers. Chances are very slim they release the guy.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
The cards will keep all four qbs... Atleast for now, they will keep Leinart around for a few weeks for D. Cavaricci insurance and if he doesn't totally suck look for the team to dump or trade Leinart by week six...

Buckybird

Reaction score
The cards will keep all four qbs... Atleast for now, they will keep Leinart around for a few weeks for D. Cavaricci insurance and if he doesn't totally suck look for the team to dump or trade Leinart by week six...

I really don't think Wiz wants Leinart to be a cancer to the team, especially his young QB's. He hasn't yet, but things could really implode with the reality of DA starting the real games. Who knows, we will see in a few days.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I'd cut him and either bring in Batch or roll with Leinart.

My work here is done...

:D

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a good chance no one would put Skelton onto their active roster. There is no chance Max Hall makes it to the PS. JMO

Totally agree. Skelton looks the part but so far has shown he's way too raw. that pick last night you could see that coming from a mile away, he locks on the primary receiver and forces the ball into coverage.

Hall made a couple of throws that were risky or not on target, but he has a much better feel for who's open and who's not.

Skelton is one of those guys who you have to guess will he develop the feel for the game. he's apparently smart enough.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he clears waivers though.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA