TRADE: CB Calvin to Eagles for FB Charles Scott

LarryStalling

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
According to 2 Philidelphia sources, he can't catch and another one said he can't block. He seemingly was always a tailback.

seesred

Reaction score
I like the potential in Green a lot. He has made some place in camp and pre season. We might see him on the field in ceratin situations. It was even up and worth the effort, I just don't know if we filled that slot yet>

GBR

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Money Mike Adams is a scrub CB, not even a 3 or 4 but likable. He's our best pass rusher from all the attemps he's missing. Mcbride and Miller are the back ups.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched a fair amount of LSU football. Scott was a tough runner but I never thought he'd make it as fullback

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
Wow, I saw this kid play and he seemed more like a large halfback than a FB, but he can bring it!!! And for a potential practice squad player!! This is a great move IMO.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I am not so sure that he would be a PS player. I think he just might make the team as a spot duty FB combined with Wright and the TE's playing in hback roles. I think we just might see a ton of two TE sets more then actual 2 back sets. Sando alludes to this in his blog covering this trade, Wells runs his best out of two TE sets rather then running behind a FB.

Monty

2010 Cardinals Draft Guru
Reaction score
I like the proactivity of this move but I find it odd. Jake Scott was more of a RB at LSU. Wasnt used much as a FB if I remember right. He was a good power running back at LSU though before his injury. From an older article on his training camp he was having it only mentioned him as a power runner and showing more as a reciever then his scouting report would lead to believe.

He must of shown something in preseason as a blocker or the scouting department thinks he can be a good blocker with proper training, because he didnt exactly show blocking ability or used much as a blocker in college.

I was in for some time Alabama last year and had some accrued time off which i used to watch quite a lot of football in the region last year. I saw Charles Scott once and he was used purely as a running back in that game and ive just asked an LSU supporting friend of mine and he said that Scott was indeed most a running back. He said his catching was most disappointing early on but showed signs of improving toward the end. With his fairly short but stout physical nature i also think he can improve in the blocking game. He seems like a raw product that Whiz and co think can be molded into a decent all-round FB down the line. I wouldnt expect a great deal from him this year other then a few carries here and there from him.

Im in favor of the move though because i wasnt all that sold on Calvin and with him not having really done anything to change whilst the likes of McBride and in particular Green really stepping im not disappointed to have to loose him to fill a more immediate area of need.

Last edited: