Dockett-Levi fight from today's practice is on azcardinals.com

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Sucks that Leinart didn't see the safety blitz on from his blind side. He would have been toast well before Dockett got to him.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sucks that Leinart didn't see the safety blitz on from his blind side. He would have been toast well before Dockett got to him.

Absolutely! Michael Adams would have sacked him long before.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Man, somebody punched Alan Branch pretty hard in that fight...

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I think DD would have his hands full with Levi. Levi seems like a guy you don't want to mess with and was pushing 90 around pretty good. Also whoever #57 is, is pretty small for a LB.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I think DD would have his hands full with Levi. Levi seems like a guy you don't want to mess with and was pushing 90 around pretty good. Also whoever #57 is, is pretty small for a LB.

That's Baggs our Canadian League Player. He's supposedly about the same size as James Harrison but he sure doesn't look it.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Stevie Baggs - 6-1 - 240

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
he certainly doesn't look that tall or that stout. maybe he should stand next to Adams :D.

Not a lot of people are going to look tall or stout standing next to 6'4" 290 (although I doubt those measurements) Darnell Dockett and 6'8" 300 Calais Campbell.

The offensive tackles that he's matching up on are pretty big, too. Even that stiff Tom Pestock is 6'6".

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Gettin' down to business! Yeah!

LOL when it's on the football field it's getting down to business. When it is off the field the people involved are immature, have no self control, and should be suspended.

Gotta love our double standard when it comes to fights.

Reaction score
LOL when it's on the football field it's getting down to business. When it is off the field the people involved are immature, have no self control, and should be suspended.

LOL! Not specifically the fights, but the intensity the team is showing is exciting to me.

Dockett quote:
“You can’t come out here and go 80 percent and expect to win our third divisional title,” Dockett said. “It just don’t happen like that. Every day we step on the field we’ve got to go harder and harder and harder. We’ve got to treat them like they’re the 49ers and they’ve got to treat us like we’re the 49ers. That’s the only way we’re going to be able to compete.”

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score
When I think of DD breaking through the line and grabbing the QB, I think of "Release the Kracken." He sure is a handful when under a full load of steam.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Boy, DD impresses me more and more every year. He's absolutely dead on about the dangers of practicing at 80%. There is NO doubt that he is the leader of this team & I like that. With Warner's retirement, 9-0 has become my favorite Cardinal.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That's Baggs our Canadian League Player. He's supposedly about the same size as James Harrison but he sure doesn't look it.
All Baggs has to do is hit the roids like Harrison and maybe he too can go from being a perennial practice squad guy to an nfl defensive MVP in a matter of a year or two.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well, ya, why not have a double standard? One is on a football field, one is not.

:shrug:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Well, ya, why not have a double standard? One is on a football field, one is not.

:shrug:

Fighting is either immature and wrong or its not. Where it occurs is irrelevant.

For example:

ASSAULT.

(a) A person commits an offense if the person:

(1) intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly causes bodily injury to another, including the person's spouse;

(2) intentionally or knowingly threatens another with imminent bodily injury, including the person's spouse; or

(3) intentionally or knowingly causes physical contact with another when the person knows or should reasonably believe that the other will regard the contact as offensive or provocative.

I don't see anything in that statute that says "except on a football field".

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
Fighting is either immature and wrong or its not. Where it occurs is irrelevant.

For example:

Show me where hockey players have gone to jail for fighting in-game, and I'll think about taking you seriously. FYI, the definition of "assault" can apply to what DD and AW do to linemen and quarterbacks all season long. I guess they should go to jail as well?

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

For example:

when the person knows or should reasonably believe that the other will regard the contact as offensive or provocative

Good luck with that assault prosecution.

This type of thing would be deemed as consentual unless there is a really cheap shot such as Bill Romanski's sucker punch.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Show me where hockey players have gone to jail for fighting in-game, and I'll think about taking you seriously. FYI, the definition of "assault" can apply to what DD and AW do to linemen and quarterbacks all season long. I guess they should go to jail as well?

In fact, language used for the purpose of threat or intimidation can also be deemed an assault.

Could you imagine trying to enforce that in a rink or on a football field. :D

Reaction score
ASSAULT.

(a) A person commits an offense if the person:

(1) intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly causes bodily injury to another, including the person's spouse;

(2) intentionally or knowingly threatens another with imminent bodily injury, including the person's spouse; or

(3) intentionally or knowingly causes physical contact with another when the person knows or should reasonably believe that the other will regard the contact as offensive or provocative.
So the injury NEEDS to include the person's spouse in order to be defined an assault.

;)