The 2009-10 Los Angeles Lakers thread

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Thought I would stop in and say congrats to my fellow Laker fans on this forum. What a great series and what a great 4th quarter by the Lakers. Props to Pau Gasol, Ron Artest and Lamar Odom for carrying the team while Kobe struggled.

This one is the sweetest of the Bryant/Jackson regime hands down because it was against the hated Celtics.

Congrats Donald, Abomb, BIM, and all the other Laker faithful, this one was really sweet! :)

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Artest was better than Pierce in game 7. No doubt. That right there makes one say Trevor who?
Artest was better than Kobe in game 7.

Kobe crapped the bed in the last two game 7's he's played in. Tonight, he got picked up and bailed out.

He's not the best Laker ever as some are now saying. Magic would have won that game by himself...and Jordan would never have let it get to game 7.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Kobe crapped the bed in the last two game 7's he's played in. Tonight, he got picked up and bailed out.

He's not the best Laker ever as some are now saying. Magic would have won that game by himself...and Jordan would never have let it get to game 7.
Jordan with Gasol, Artest, Bynum, Odom, Fisher. Pul-leeze, that team scores 200 points. Or only gives up 50 a game.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Believe that.. Jordan never played in a game 7 of the Finals..

Kobe is a scrub.. Stop with the Jordan comparisions..

Last edited:

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jordan with Gasol, Artest, Bynum, Odom, Fisher. Pul-leeze, that team scores 200 points. Or only gives up 50 a game.

Why would you say that? Them players are nothing.. Why you would think that is beyond reasonable thinking..

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why would you say that? Them players are nothing.. Why you would think that is beyond reasonable thinking..
I suppose only the centers, Gasol and Bynum, would make much difference from the Bulls teams.

I mostly just said it just to say it.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

OK, let's not go that far. Kobe is one of the best players in the league today BAR NONE. However, I agree, Kobe can't hold Jordan's jock. There is no comparison between Kobe and Jordan.

Kobe has disappeared in big games much more then Jordan EVER did. Phil Jackson can't even bring himself to day Kobe was as good as Jordan.

Phil on Kobe:
"Kobe's right up there," he said. "There aren't many guys who can lay claim to five rings as the prime mover of a basketball club."

That is a round about way of saying not even close. He's "up there"??? lol. Says it all.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man, that wasn't so much a great series as it was a war. I didn't think ANYONE really played at an MVP level and I know Kobe won the award, but I think Gasol has just as much claim to that as he does. 18.5 ppg, 11.5 reb, 3.7 assts, 3 blk on 50% shooting. He was the driving force in Game 6 with his 17/10/9/3 in Game 6 and it was his monsterous 18/18/4/3 in Game 7 that were the difference makers when the Lakers were facing the brink of death.

Last edited:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
man, that wasn't so much a great series as it was a war. I didn't think ANYONE really played at an MVP level and I know Kobe won the award, but I think Gasol has just as much claim to that as he does. 18.5 ppg, 11.5 reb, 3.7 assts, 3 blk on 50% shooting. He was the driving force in Game 6 with his 17/10/9/3 in Game 6 and it was his monsterous 18/18/4/3 in Game 7 that were the difference makers when the Lakers were facing the brink of death.
Agree.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

You mean Jerry West? Him gifting Gasol to the Lakers for the pu pu platter turned the Lakers from a middle of the road WC team to a three times finals/two time champ. Just disgusting.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images

How's that tastin', Cee? Bitter?

I hope that someday the worst thing that people can say about me professionally is that I wasn't the greatest of all time.

GO LAKERS! Threepeat again in 2011!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

I hope that someday the worst thing that people can say about me professionally is that I wasn't the greatest of all time.

Yes.. I am a proud laker hater.. I dont know why you act as if its a bad thing..

And you wont have to ever worry about someone confusing you with being a GOAT.. ha ha just the mere thought of you having a dream about it is funny in itself..