Amazing Numbers for the Cards

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Since the mid point of the 2007 season the Cardinals have won 28 games, scored 1,150 points and passed for 12,706 yards, including 1,760 yards against the best teams in the NFL in the post season, and scored 30 points or more in a game 25 times.

Really amazing for a franchise that had only won 28 games in the previous 5.5 seasons and finished dead last in points scored in 2003 and never finished higher than 15th in points scored from 1994 to 2006 .

:koolaid:

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That is a sign of things turning around. The Cardinals get a new stadium & they start moving in the right directions.

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
It's been a fantastic run that I hope never ends. :)

I promise my ability to post here that the so called run will become the Norm as long as we can Keep the Whiz happy with who and what he has to coach,along with His choice of coaches as we are bound to continue losing coaches as this "run" continues.

The old pittsburgh connection will dry up finally and Coach Whiz will be forced to make moves without possible other coaches connections too.I just hope money never gets in the way of what Coach Whizenhunts wants when he wants it or Needs it.

I'm sure we are not finished with this offseasons moves.I know the longtime sufferers from SDS won't believe anything till they see it and I don't blame them.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Since the mid point of the 2007 season the Cardinals have won 28 games, scored 1,150 points and passed for 12,706 yards, including 1,760 yards against the best teams in the NFL in the post season, and scored 30 points or more in a game 25 times.

Really amazing for a franchise that had only won 28 games in the previous 5.5 seasons and finished dead last in points scored in 2003 and never finished higher than 15th in points scored from 1994 to 2006 .

Good find my man :raccoon:

Let's hope we can balance out the offense with some more rushing yards. As I keep mentioning, I dont think this offense is going to be better or worse, just different

OP
OP
Duckjake

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Let's hope we can balance out the offense with some more rushing yards. As I keep mentioning, I don't think this offense is going to be better or worse, just different

We're on the way there. In the Cards last 11 games this past season they rushed for 1,297 yards, an average of 117 yards per game, or 1880 yards for a 16 game season. A number the Cards have not reached in almost 20 years.

And of course we haven't had a runner like Beanie Wells since the days of OJ Anderson.

Now if that idiot Wells would just stop fumbling....;)

OP
OP
Duckjake

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, OJ Anderson also had a fumbling problem while with the Cards.

Note the Beanie fumbling reference relates to: :stick:

Don't want to ruin the guys career do I?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

Great find Duck! Those are awesome #'s!

Takes an entire team to put all of that together... however, I fear we lost the one guy who was more responsible than any other... Kurt. It's gonna be very interesting to see how Whiz and the rest of the team adjust to playing in a post-Warner era. I just don't see us coming close to this sort of offensive production, but, hopefully we won't have to!

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score

Let's hope we can balance out the offense with some more rushing yards. As I keep mentioning, I dont think this offense is going to be better or worse, just different

I have a sneaking suspicion that Jake didn't FIND this stuff-----I believe that he dug it out. That's what we tend to do when things slow down this time of year, we go looking for stuff.

Jake-----whether found, or pieced together, this is phenominal stuff. I truly believe that Doug is right too-----that this will be more the norm than the dismal results of the past. We may not put up the yards and points that we did with Warner, but the future should be bright in numbers of wins versus losses every season. So should the joy of watching our team go through a re-building year, (like this one), and seeing how Whiz and company put together the pieces to compete again. THAT is what should make our future so much more fun than our past.

It is truly satisfying to see our stadium, wrapped around, and embracing the tradition and history of our team, and now-----becoming home to our new tradition of winning and championships. My God, I do love it so.

OP
OP
Duckjake

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Great find Duck! Those are awesome #'s!

Takes an entire team to put all of that together... however, I fear we lost the one guy who was more responsible than any other... Kurt. It's gonna be very interesting to see how Whiz and the rest of the team adjust to playing in a post-Warner era. I just don't see us coming close to this sort of offensive production, but, hopefully we won't have to!

In 2005 with a combination of Warner, McCown and Navarre the Cards threw for over 4,700 yards and had the #1 passing offense in the NFL. If they could do that with Denny Green as coach there is real hope that they can do it with Leinart and Coach Ken. Key for 2010 offense. Stop fumbling.

Last edited:

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
Hate to point this out but up until the midpoint of the 2007 season someone other than Warner was our starting QB basically. Warner took over for Matt when he got injured, then Warner got hurt and Rattay took over. Then week 7 week of 2007 Warner took over again and hasn't looked back.

Not saying he's the reason why these stats are true since correlation is not causation but it's food for thought.

OP
OP
Duckjake

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Hate to point this out but up until the midpoint of the 2007 season someone other than Warner was our starting QB basically. Warner took over for Matt when he got injured, then Warner got hurt and Rattay took over. Then week 7 week of 2007 Warner took over again and hasn't looked back.

Not saying he's the reason why these stats are true since correlation is not causation but it's food for thought.

Yeah but we've been over this a 100 times. Warner was our QB in 2005 when the Cards had the #1 passing offense in the NFL and still finished 5-11.

He was the starter at the beginning of 2006 and couldn't hold the job and the team lost 7 straight after Warner fumbled away a potentially huge win vs the Rams and the Cards finished 5-11. It was only after Whisenhunt arrived that Warner, Fitz and Boldin equaled winning instead of just passing yards.

OP
OP
Duckjake

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I do have to say, though, in many ways SDS was a lot of fun. I had a good time there

Hey here's an amazing number for you. In 1990 the Cards rushed for 1,912 yards. Rosenbach had 470 of them! Has to be the Cardinal franchise record for most rushing yards in one season by a QB.

Last edited:

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah but we've been over this a 100 times. Warner was our QB in 2005 when the Cards had the #1 passing offense in the NFL and still finished 5-11.

He was the starter at the beginning of 2006 and couldn't hold the job and the team lost 7 straight after Warner fumbled away a potentially huge win vs the Rams and the Cards finished 5-11. It was only after Whisenhunt arrived that Warner, Fitz and Boldin equaled winning instead of just passing yards.

Oh I know, the point is Whiz+Warner=dominant offense. In a very small sample that can't be said about Whiz+Leinart as evidenced by the fact it took until the midpoint of 2007 rather than the start of 2007.

OP
OP
Duckjake

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Oh I know, the point is Whiz+Warner=dominant offense. In a very small sample that can't be said about Whiz+Leinart as evidenced by the fact it took until the midpoint of 2007 rather than the start of 2007.

To be fair Whis+Leinart only lasted two games in 2007. It was Whis+Leinart+Warner. Leinart and would both play. This continued until Leinart got hurt.

I still will never believe that Leinart was really Whisenhunt's #1 guy going into 2008 either. Not after the numbers Warner put up in the second half of the season. Maybe Bidwill's because of the money but not Ken's. But we'll never really know for sure.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
That is a sign of things turning around. The Cardinals get a new stadium & they start moving in the right directions.

If you have a #1 draft choice like Leinart and your #2 plays much better in pre season are you obligated to play your draft pick because he is paid a lot of money? Some suggest that but in real life if you are the coach who do you play? Do you give up a season to see if your draft pick is going to be the man? Do you ever give up the season for any player? We all want Leinart to be the man but what if in pre season he is not the man?

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If you have a #1 draft choice like Leinart and your #2 plays much better in pre season are you obligated to play your draft pick because he is paid a lot of money? Some suggest that but in real life if you are the coach who do you play? Do you give up a season to see if your draft pick is going to be the man? Do you ever give up the season for any player? We all want Leinart to be the man but what if in pre season he is not the man?

That is the idea for preseason. There does come a time when you have to see if you made a good or bad investment. The time is now for the Cardinals. These are all the same questions that any qb or any player for that matter has when they havn't proven themselves. A team will not find that out until they play. So I have taken on the wait & watch philoshpy. On paper the Cardinals have done enough to give me all the confidence in the world that this team will be the nfc west champs again.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave