ESPN | NFL Offseason Power Rankings

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
12 (8) Cardinals 10-6-0 The Cardinals will relish being overlooked if people assume the 49ers will overtake them now that Kurt Warner has retired. (Sando)

Link

Yes, yes, they're meaningless.

Im wondering why the packers are so high. Last i checked, their defense was worse than ours in the playoffs ;)

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Packers still have their QB that went toe-to-toe with Kurt Warner and just barely lost. Aaron Rodgers is an excellent quarterback and they have a very good offense.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
We deserve a lower ranking IMO.

We lost a borderline hall of fame receiver, a hall of fame QB, a good LB, and a decent free safety. If it had be spread over the period of a couple months it wouldn't seem as bad, but instead it was spread over the course of a couple of weeks which magnified the situation to the National media.

If our new additions play like we think they can, this rating will be low and we'll win another NFC West crown.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely should have a lower ranking.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I was pretty surprised to see us at 12. I also think the Lions should be higher than 2nd to last, they have made some fantastic moves this offseason.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is the best I have seen us ranked. The highest before this was #23. Everywhere else seems to have us from 25-28.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I don't think 12 is too high at all, and in fact this is the respect that so many of you crave.

The bottom line is to be a consistent winner in the NFL, the most important thing to have is a great QB # 1 and the 2nd most important is a great Head Coach.

And we certainly have one of the top coaches. And other then the question marks at QB we have a solid team everywhere else.

I don't think many of you are giving Cards enough credit. We should be in it to the end in the NFC West and the presumed NFCW winner should be right in that range IMO.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I don't think 12 is too high at all, and in fact this is the respect that so many of you crave.

The bottom line is to be a consistent winner in the NFL, the most important thing to have is a great QB # 1 and the 2nd most important is a great Head Coach.

And we certainly have one of the top coaches. And other then the question marks at QB we have a solid team everywhere else.

I don't think many of you are giving Cards enough credit. We should be in it to the end in the NFC West and the presumed NFCW winner should be right in that range IMO.

I agree with this post. We have a good team, good coach, and an unknow factor at QB, which is the most important position on the team. We will go as high or as low as Matt can take us.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
you know that the next two years will tell me:

whether the Cardinals have a good program, or if they just happened to have two good teams in 08 and 09.

BTW: I don't see going 7-9 as indicating the program is not good -- even top notch programs will dip for a year from time to time and then come back. But if they do go 7-9, a good program will identify the weaknesses, fix them and return to playoff contention.

We will see.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the best I have seen us ranked. The highest before this was #23. Everywhere else seems to have us from 25-28.

They still have us as the best team in the division. I'm ok with that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson