RD 6 Jorrid Calvin

RD 7 Jim Dray

OP
OP
Mr.Dibbs

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
I thought the Williams pick was great, Washington and Skelton pretty good, but the rest of them I thought were reaches. Schofield could be a steal, but I don't think that pick helps us this season.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right now - B. Good personnel were acquired at positions of greatest need. If Schofield or Skelton work out - A+.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
First two picks - A.

After that, it's a total crapshoot. So who knows. Ask again in 3 years.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's just human nature to grade the draft even it is a premature to do so.

I voted B and agree with 40yr on his take.

Goober Man

Ultra Vida Guerra Mojo
Reaction score
I voted a C. I loved the first 2 picks. But I was pretty meh on the rest. We didn't get better at the CB postion by trading our number 2 corner for a 3rd string QB and then drafting a CB that didn't play football last year, as well as drafting a OLB that might not even be healthy enough to play this year. I'm not one to question Whis's decisions or anything but the 2nd half of the draft was making me think what the ____ are we doing?

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I voted C.

I like the Williams pick a lot. I also like the Roberts, Sho, and Dray picks.

It could move up to a very high B if Washington shows up to camp at a solid 235. By a solid 235 I mean a 235 that wont disappear once the season starts, like what happens a lot of times with thin players. I also have to see a veteran CB brought in by training camp as well, since the trade of McFadden was apart of this draft I have to see if they have a backup plan beyond the midget twins Adams and McBride.

Monty

2010 Cardinals Draft Guru
Reaction score
Went with a C grade here.

-Im very happy with the Williams and Washington pick as we addressed our two greatest needs so i would give that part of the draft an A.

-Roberts and Schofield were both guys i liked predraft but hoped we would only take in the late part of the draft so id give that a C.

-Skelton was again someone i was really high on before the draft on and i think is a good pick at that spot but felt we gave up a little bit too much for him so that works out at a B for me.

-The last two i know very little about and seem to have a lot of question marks over them so id give that part a D.

Therefore overall a C at the moment but if Roberts and Schofield perform like i think they will in a couple of years and Skelton turns from raw into a legit QB this draft will get an A. If we get anything decent from the remaining picks id give it a definite A+.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went with a C just because I have no idea what is going on at the CB position..

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
PROS

• Dan Williams should step in and immediately contribute. With Watson's knees a concern, Branch moving to DE and Robinson not being re-signed, he should start. With a space eater like Williams, it should make Dockett and CC better
  • Daryl Washington will contribute this season. His athleticism and coverage skills should merit him significant playing time. I'm curious to see how he'll cover tight ends.
  • My bias for KRs and PRs recently came out. After watching some film on Roberts, I'm impressed with his speed and vision. Absolutely worth it in the 3rd round as field position is going to be crucial next season
  • Schofield may not play or contribute much this season, but he has first round credentials. With Cody Brown coming back, we already have what was essentially an extra draft pick this season. Many have said he will be Porter's replacement and I agree with this notion.
CONS

• I think we gave up too much to get Skelton. Although McFadden did not live up to expectations, he is still veteran depth, which is something we will not have next season unless we make some more moves this offseason. This is not mitigating Skelton's abilities at all because I think with a couple of years watching the offense, he can develop into something special.
  • Huge question marks surrounding Dray. That knee/leg injury sustained a couple of years ago sounds gruesome and it will have lingering effects for the rest of his life.
  • Honestly, I dont think Calvin is going to help our need at CB. Hard to miss your last season of college ball and make an immediate impact in the NFL. Again, it would help if we brought in a veteran corner for depth
My grade: B-

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Dan Williams- NT - A+
Biggest need and got the best player in the entire draft.

Darryl Washington- WILB A+
Biggest need and got the 2nd or 3rd best ILB in the entire draft, maybe best WILB in the draft.

Andre Roberts - WR/PR - B
Would have liked the pick better 2 rounds later. Jacoby Ford was also still on the board I think and is a speedster and punt returner. Also Bruce Campbell could have been taken who was great value at that point.

Schofield - OLB - B
Would have liked the pick a round later given his injury. Ricky Sapp was still on the board. Lets see who has the better career.

Skelton - QB - D+
Didn't like the trade to get him. I look at him as nothing more than a third stringer and wouldn't have cared much about who they bring in as #3 anyway. Will have to draft q QB of the future next year anyway unless Leinart has a pro-bowl season. The only QB of the future worthy QB in the draft was McCoy in my opinion save Breakford.

Jorrid Calvin - CB - B
Sounds like he could be a massive steal and be rated much higher if he could have played last year.

Jim Dray - TE - C
Not that the pick matters much that late in the draft but getting a TE that is similiar to what they have already seems interesting.

Giving it a B.

Think we could have theoretically had something like:

1. Dan Williams
2. Darryl Washington
3. Bruce Campbell
4. Andre Roberts
5. Schofield or Sapp
6. Calvin
7. Dray

Last edited:

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Dan Williams-----A Will probably start before the season is over.
Daryl Washington-----A- Will probably start before the season is over.
Andre Roberts-----B+ Will contribute immediately as a returner/4th WR
O'Brien Schofield-----A+ While he may not contribute much this year, he IS a first round talent who probably will start next year.
John Skelton-----B- Has the size and the arm, needs to learn the nuances, and will have 2 or 3 years to learn while being #3 QB on the roster.
Jorrick Calvin-----C Will contribute as a gunner on ST's and as a backup CB
Jim Dray-----D+ When healed, will be a solid blocker, maybe a red-zone target.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dan Williams-----A Will probably start before the season is over.
Daryl Washington-----A- Will probably start before the season is over.
Andre Roberts-----B+ Will contribute immediately as a returner/4th WR
O'Brien Schofield-----A+ While he may not contribute much this year, he IS a first round talent who probably will start next year.
John Skelton-----B- Has the size and the arm, needs to learn the nuances, and will have 2 or 3 years to learn while being #3 QB on the roster.
Jorrick Calvin-----C Will contribute as a gunner on ST's and as a backup CB
Jim Dray-----D+ When healed, will be a solid blocker, maybe a red-zone target.

Dray is healed, the injury was over 2 years ago.

Man I hope you are right about Clavin.

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
Dan Williams - A
Best NT in the draft.

Daryl Washington - A
Best linebacker in this class that matches Karlos Dansby's skillset.

Andre Roberts - A
Filthy returnman who actually projects well as a receiver.

O'Brien Schofield - B
Everyone wanted another pass rusher so badly. We got one.

John Skelton - B
Everyone wanted another quarterback so badly. We got one.

Jorrid Calvin - C
Never heard of the guy.

Jim Dray - B
High effort youth at a position that doesn't feature prominently in the offense.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I gave it an A, based on the fact that we were picking at #26, and it looks like we came away with three players that can contend for starting spots this year and another (Schofield) that should be part of the OLB rotation next year.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I'd give it a B-, but that option wasn't there.

Really liked the Williams pick, as well as the Schofield, Dray, and even the Skelton pick (kind of). Count me as skeptical on Calvin.

This could accelerate to a B+ if Washington performs up to the expectations of many on this board, and an A if Schofield can get 8+ sacks in 2011 (you know, should there be a football season in 2011).

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
The offseason so far rates no better than a C-. Losing Warner, Boldin, Dansby, and Rolle is huge. Love the Williams pick and the 3rd round WR/PR Roberts. Sixth round CB could develop into a solid nickle back. But cornerback depth is non-existent.

spyboots

Rookie
Reaction score
I would say an A or B on the first five. I don't know enough about the other two to give an opinion.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Dray is healed, the injury was over 2 years ago.

Man I hope you are right about Clavin.

Hey Cardiac-----In one of his post draft interviews, Coach Whiz said that he believes that Calvin can play in slot coverage now, and that he will contribute on ST's. He also called him a tough competetor. That's good enough for me. He also said that they knew about this kid because one of the Troy coaches worked with the Cards in some coaching exchange program or seminar sponsored by the league, and told him all about this kid. He is no stranger at all to our staff, and neither is his coach, (the name skips me now but Whiz said it). Hope that makes you feel better.

BTW thanks for the heads up on Dray. I thought this was a recent injury. I feel a lot better about him now.

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
B.

The third day and my inability to know any of the names besides Schofield leads me to believe it will be a B.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D.

This draft was marked by impatience, reaches, and crappy trades. First pick was savvy, the rest was an exercise in mismanagement.

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
D.

This draft was marked by impatience, reaches, and crappy trades. First pick was savvy, the rest was an exercise in mismanagement.

This is from Nolan Nawrocki at ProFootballWeekly.com

NFC West

Arizona Cardinals
GM Rod Graves addressed three pressing areas of need and bolstered the middle of the Cardinals’ defense with his first two picks. He found great value in securing NT Dan Williams at the bottom of the first round and ILB Daryl Washington midway through the second, where they traded up to get him. WR Andre Roberts, who was selected with the pick received from Baltimore for Anquan Boldin, has the skill set to replace much of his production. Ken Whisenhunt and Graves made some moves on the third day, dealing Bryant McFadden back to the Steelers in order to trade up for QB John Skelton, and dropping down in the fourth round to land injured OLB O’Brien Schofield, who will be allowed to redshirt, and CB Jorrick Calvin, who was out of football for a season but has an intriguing skill set. TE Jim Dray could battle for a job as a blocker. Their fourth-round pick was sent to the Jets), along with a seventh-rounder in 2011, for FS Kerry Rhodes, who will replace the departed Antrel Rolle. The Cardinals cleared the fences with their first three picks, landed some solid developmental prospects in later rounds and could come away with four starters, counting Rhodes.
Grade: A-minus

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is from Nolan Nawrocki at ProFootballWeekly.com

NFC West

Arizona Cardinals
GM Rod Graves addressed three pressing areas of need and bolstered the middle of the Cardinals’ defense with his first two picks. He found great value in securing NT Dan Williams at the bottom of the first round and ILB Daryl Washington midway through the second, where they traded up to get him. WR Andre Roberts, who was selected with the pick received from Baltimore for Anquan Boldin, has the skill set to replace much of his production. Ken Whisenhunt and Graves made some moves on the third day, dealing Bryant McFadden back to the Steelers in order to trade up for QB John Skelton, and dropping down in the fourth round to land injured OLB O’Brien Schofield, who will be allowed to redshirt, and CB Jorrick Calvin, who was out of football for a season but has an intriguing skill set. TE Jim Dray could battle for a job as a blocker. Their fourth-round pick was sent to the Jets), along with a seventh-rounder in 2011, for FS Kerry Rhodes, who will replace the departed Antrel Rolle. The Cardinals cleared the fences with their first three picks, landed some solid developmental prospects in later rounds and could come away with four starters, counting Rhodes.
Grade: A-minus

You will find him in the minority from anyone not living in Arizona.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
You will find him in the minority from anyone not living in Arizona.

Chris-----would you find it surprising that most people who live outside Arizona know absolutely nothing about our Cardinals???????