Foote Signs With Steelers?

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats what Dockett is hearing// He said it on his twitter..

Darnell Dockett Twitter said:
Foote didn't want to sign with birdgang cool take his ass to pittsburg then and help Ben leave them women alone! We will get some1 else!
10 minutes ago via UberTwitter

OMG did foote sign back with the steelers? Who knows this info? I need the truth right now!
16 minutes ago via UberTwitter

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Interesting that DD said "foote didn't want to sign with birdgang" not we didn't want to sign him.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darnell Dockett Twitter
Foote didn't want to sign with birdgang cool take his ass to pittsburg then and help Ben leave them women alone! We will get some1 else!
10 minutes ago via UberTwitter

OMG did foote sign back with the steelers? Who knows this info? I need the truth right now!
16 minutes ago via UberTwitter

Thats what Dockett is hearing// He said it on his twitter..
:biglaugh:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
If he does, then we switch focus to Andra Davis. While Davis is older, he still was one of the better 3-4 ILBs in the league last year.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Man, screw Foote. He had a chance to start, instead he wants to collect a paycheck. Says a lot. :mulli:

I don't think it is even remotely possible the steelers would offer more than us. Unless this is a marketing ploy to keep fans from going ******* considering their awful season last year, and the likelihood they will miss the playoffs again this year with Baltimore and Cincinnati on the rise.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, screw Foote. He had a chance to start, instead he wants to collect a paycheck. Says a lot. :mulli:

huh? it hasn't even been reported that we offered a deal... nor has it even been reported what the terms of his signing with Pitt was.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
So if we don't get Foote or any other worthwhile ILB, we have to look at drafting 2 ILBs right?

Who could that be? Weatherspoon or McClain in the first? Spikes in the 2nd? Sean Lee in the 3rd?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I don't think it is even remotely possible the steelers would offer more than us. Unless this is a marketing ploy to keep fans from going ******* considering their awful season last year, and the likelihood they will miss the playoffs again this year with Baltimore and Cincinnati on the rise.

Pitt bringing Porter back would be a marketing ploy, not Foote, IMO.

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I came across this in another link earlier this evening:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/free-agency/report-larry-foote-on-verge-of.html

Report: Larry Foote on verge of deal with Steelers

The Redskins can scratch Larry Foote off their list of free agent targets. Foote, an inside linebacker who spent last season in Detroit, is apparently on the verge of signing with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Foote was en route to Pittsburgh on Sunday and could be agreeing to a three-year deal, according to a report in the Detroit News.
"I am excited to return," Foote told the News. "They called. I am going there right now and try to get something done."
Foote, who began his career with the Steelers, visited both the Redskins and the Arizona Cardinals last week. According to the report, Foote said there was a chance he still signed with Arizona, but there was no mention of Washington.
The Redskins were seeking a linebacker who could line up next to London Fletcher when the team switches to defense that relies more heavily on a 3-4 formation.
I figure it is still a negotiation ploy....That Foote and his agent will contact the Cards top brass to see if they'll counter-offer favorably or offer anything to him as well....Just hope Graves jumps on it immediately.....

Last edited:

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Which if true says alot about our interest level following the meeting IMO!

You think a meeting changed Wiz's feelings on Foote? A guy he already knows extremely well? I highly doubt it you dont bring a guy in like that that you already know so well and not be interested in signing him, Wiz knew what he was getting, why a contract was never offered is beyond me.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You think a meeting changed Wiz's feelings on Foote? A guy he already knows extremely well? I highly doubt it you dont bring a guy in like that that you already know so well and not be interested in signing him, Wiz knew what he was getting, why a contract was never offered is beyond me.

That was 4-5 years ago. Things change bro. They may not have liked his attitude about grooming the young players. Foote may have said he wanted a 3 year deal and the Cards only want 1 or 2 max. Honestly there could be a plethura of reasons. Just because you bring someone in by no means makes it a foregone conclusion that you want them. To think so is a little silly IMO.

Last edited:

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
After reading the article a little closer, IMO it's a little premature to get upset at this yet. The guy hasn't even had his visit yet with Pittsburgh and I can't imagine he's even had a contract offer from them without a visit first. They want him as a reserve.

This story is based on the words could, hope, and try. Basically the same rhetoric he said when he was here last week. Of course he's going to say that, he's not gonna go into his visit with the Steelers saying he'd rather play somewhere else. He's gonna say what they want him to say to get the best deal possible. His agent is running the show.

I wouldn't doubt that when/if he sees the offer from Pittsburgh and hears what role they want from him, he may be back here talking again.

He wouldn't say there was still a chance he could sign with the Cards if he was going to Pittsburgh to sign.

Reaction score
Foote may have said he wanted a 3 year deal and the Cards only want 1 or 2 max. Honestly there could be a plethura of reasons. Just because you bring someone in by no means makes it a foregone conclusion that you want them. To think so is a little silly IMO.
Bingo!

I see a lot of posts here stating that the Cardinals didn't make him an offer; while that may be semantically correct, it doesn't give the full picture.

Perhaps (and we don't even know this) there was no contract offered, but that doesn't mean the two sides didn't discuss their respective objectives.

It's fruitless to get over-anxious during free agency period because there is simply too much information of which the public is not privy to...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave