Boldin is no longer an elite receiver

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Those calling doug worse than k9 are delusional and have short memories. There is a reason he is the only poster skkorp ever personally gave a perma ban to. K9 was the most arrogant condescending know it all I have ever seen. He unlike doug was completely negative about the cards in every way. Hasent changed either. Darren Urban in his blog a few weeks ago mentioned his favorite restaurant and gave a shout out to them in the blog. K9 responded to it asking Urban what his problem was and why didn't he support a mom and pop establishment instead. Basically telling Urban he was wrong for what he liked. Unreal.

He didn't ban NEM & Tango?

I always thought K9 was a Cardinal fan, he definitely rubbed people the wrong way but he backed up almost all his arguments with facts. He was the darkest of the dark siders...but you are right on one thing he was arrogant. My point was K9 was banned for doing pretty much the same thing as Doug does(but on a much broader basis IMO)and yet the same standard isn't being held for him.

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
Doug, I've personally known Zeno since I was 8 years old...and I can tell you he's nothing you purport him to be. He's as good as people come. Maybe you should consider some of his criticism instead of brushing it off as a character flaw of his.

Linderbee I know your the wife of a moderator here and I would'nt do anything to upset you.I've had 3 people attack me since I've been here.Its been pretty constant from day one due to my constant positive posting and DuckJake did'nt take to it naturally.Yet we seem to have an understanding.

Yet the duo of stout and his partner who always shows up with nothing to add but"yeah what he said" to the persons posts shows me he does'nt think for himself as much as he thinks he's coming to someone's defense.Even when he does'nt know what the dissagreement is about.Same now in the last day with Pariah.zeno is right there to say yeah what he said.

I've never seen zeno post anything about anything.Just negative stuff.So I don't really have anything to base who and what he is off of.I'm sorry he does'nt like me.

I don't mean to insult anyone.I do live in constant Chronic pain and it does roll over in the way I speak.I appologize for that.I also played the game and I have to be more humble about what I say and how I say things but When I only repeat what a poster says about how he knows 100% for sure that something is going to happen like zeno posted today,then they lose credability with me since I have never seen that poster post anything else ever.

I'm old school and I'm sorry if some take me sarcasticly.I'm a big and I do mean BIG prankster and fun loving GIANT GUY who you would think I was very sensative as a women if you got to know me and my wife and kids.I've been a very good dad.I'm sure I've failed but tried not to make the same mistakes my parents made.They were very hard,Dad was a drill instructor for the RANGERS so you can expect how he treated his 4 boys with no girls.

I'm very generous and love to give.So I'd just like to be more well known over the years as someone more like what I truly am instead of what it seems you think I come off as Linderbee.I would'nt want to ever be banned for anything.I normally give back what I've recieved in posting though.I've had just minor stuff with 4 people I've mentioned above and Duck and myself who post the most have worked it out.Stout,Pariah,zeno not so much.I felt attacked first with one or the other double teaming.So I knew where I stood being only here for a year.

I really like this place and I like bringing the POSITIVE VIBES everyday that I can.I believe in the best of things happening for this team.We all know we have different beliefs in the direction of the team.I think we are doing as well as we can right now and am enjoying the moments.I'm not promised tomorrow.I've also got a brain tumor that is on my pituitary gland.Its causing tons of hormones like parathyroid and others to run almost triple the levels they should be and my vitamin D is down to 9.So I've got a few medical problems that may interfere with my posting that I'm not even aware of while I'm doing it.

Not to ask for sympathy.I've lived a wonderfull life already.I'm truly blessed beyond measure and I just enjoy the pleasant banter that is established here and think I can continue to contribute to it.I'm not a bad guy or a Know it all in real life.We'll maybe a little since I've seen a lot.I'll try to be more humble.Plus I'll put more on ignore so they can't bother me.

Thanks Linderbee.:D

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not the wife of a moderator (yet) but I am a moderator myself.

I don't doubt you're a good person. I live in chronic pain too, but it's not an excuse to be antagonistic the way you are, often.

Zeno said that he was 100% sure of it--he didn't say he say he guaranteed it--he just has no doubts that it will happen--just as you have no doubts that it won't. There's no difference in how you two feel personally on the subject--you're just on opposite sides of the coin.

Personally, I've noticed that you have been more & more aggressive with your posts, and you have been habitually insulting posters in a back-handed slap kind of way...just not overt enough to get yourself banned. I don't moderate this forum (I moderate the "Everything Else" forum), but if I did, I'd have PM'd you by now asking you to tone it down.

Perhaps it is just your sarcastic nature, and you don't mean anything by it, but it's wearing thin, and my personal advice to you is to try to back off, and rethink what you are saying before you post it.

If you have more to say on the subject, please PM me as I don't want to drag this out in the thread further.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
This board has become much easier to navigate and read since I put Doug on ignore. It's really great not to have to scroll through War and Peace 5 times in every thread.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
This board has become much easier to navigate and read since I put Doug on ignore. It's really great not to have to scroll through War and Peace 5 times in every thread.

First time I've ever used the ignore feature and I agree 100% with you.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LEven when he does'nt know what the dissagreement is about.Same now in the last day with Pariah.
I'm trying very hard to keep out of the "beat up on Doug" fest, but you keep coming back to this. Why? What is it that makes you think I don't understand what you're saying?

You want Boldin to play out his contract and then walk. You're of the opinion that's the best thing for the team. Fine; I've stated over and over again that there's merit to that. Boldin is an excellent player.

IT'S NOT THAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND. I just don't agree with taking that tact in this case for the multitude of reasons I've already posted (and you've ignored or dismissed as "random questions"...like "how old are you?" isn't a random question).

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He didn't ban NEM & Tango?

I always thought K9 was a Cardinal fan, he definitely rubbed people the wrong way but he backed up almost all his arguments with facts. He was the darkest of the dark siders...but you are right on one thing he was arrogant. My point was K9 was banned for doing pretty much the same thing as Doug does(but on a much broader basis IMO)and yet the same standard isn't being held for him.

Yes he banned NEM. But I should have been more clear. Only Cards fan he ever perma banned himself. If you wanted to call K9 a Cards fan.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes he banned NEM. But I should have been more clear. Only Cards fan he ever perma banned himself. If you wanted to call K9 a Cards fan.

And that was a preemptive ban. This place was created to be NEM-free.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yet the duo of stout and his partner who always shows up with nothing to add but"yeah what he said" to the persons posts shows me he does'nt think for himself as much as he thinks he's coming to someone's defense.

Nice, Doug. And you wonder why you rub people the wrong way? I see you write little digs about people all the time, but I hold my peace because it isn't my place to comment. You, on the other hand, seem to enjoy dragging people back into things. I had one disagreement with you, you went into a defensive and insulting shell, and now all of a sudden I'm a blight on this board. I notice that in threads where I agree with you you don't complain about my contributions. I wonder why? How about the thread I created talking about Beanie picking up the blitz in the Chicago game? Yeah, I only say 'yeah what he said' :rolleyes:

I am now prepared for you to get indignant at me for responding to your blatant insult in this thread.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just love a parade

OP
OP
R

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I guess I am curious to know if anyone feels Anquan is still a #1 receiver in this league. Moreover, what does his future with the Cardinals hold? Is he a number 3 behind Fitz and Breaston?

Can anyone dispute that Fitzgerald will soon own the Cardinals receptions record?

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I am curious to know if anyone feels Anquan is still a #1 receiver in this league. Moreover, what does his future with the Cardinals hold? Is he a number 3 behind Fitz and Breaston?
Yes, I do think he's a number 1 in the NFL. There are plenty of teams that even guys who think Boldin's skills are diminishing have to admit that he'd be a #1 in Chicago, Tenn, St. Louis,Buffalo, Miami, Baltimore, Cleveland, Jacksonville, Oakland, Washington and Tampa.

I think there's also an argument to be made he'd be a #1 in Seattle, SF, KC, NYG, Philadelphia, Minnesota and, yes, even in New Orleans.

I think he'd be more valuable to most of those teams than he is to the Cardinals right now; but that doesn't mean I think he's a #3 here. That's just silly talk, IMO.

JMHO

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Boldin is no longer an elite receiver
Define "Elite Receiver."

I'm guessing that if we all do this, we'll wind up with at least a dozen definitions.

The term "Elite Receiver." is label that someone arbitrarily and subjectively puts on a player. One person may place a higher priority on clutch catches in a crowd. Another might give more weight to breakaway speed. Someone else might like a guy more because of his downfield blocking. Or route-running or "all of the above."

And then, let's bring in the element of duration - are we talking about how well the dude has handled various aspects of his game over a full-season? Several seasons? 8 games so far this season? Most recent game?

What about injuries? Should playing like a warrior when hurt (with a negative impact on his performance) count as a "negative" or "positive?"

Finally, how do you factor in the offensive game plan and defensive coverages? When they double cover Q and/or create a positive mismatch for Breaston or Fitz (or throw a lot to a RB or TE), does this mean Boldin should be rated higher (because he rated double-coverage) or lower (because he didn't catch as many passes or got leveled each time he went up for the ball)?

And at the end of his career (& no doubt each season), people are going to evaluate how good he is compared to other players. But all that will be is "what a bunch of people think." Whatever that turns out to be, Q is still going to be Q.

For various reasons, this season so far has been a challenge; but from my subjective viewpoint, he, Fitz and Breaston as a unit - & with Kurt throwing to them - are the best WR trio in the NFL.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup! Dude is washed up and the 3rd option behind stevey :rolleyes:

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Yup! Dude is washed up and the 3rd option behind stevey :rolleyes:
First true impact game from Q this season... in 9 games.

Anyway, I don't think majority here say Q is wahsed up. He does have the tendancy to be injured more often than not. And his antics have really pissed many off.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
First true impact game from Q this season... in 9 games.

Anyway, I don't think majority here say Q is wahsed up. He does have the tendancy to be injured more often than not. And his antics have really pissed many off.

Exactly. And those things reduce his value to the team. Reduce it in fact to the point where we don't want to pay him any more than he's currently getting paid.

But Q still has a chance to earn a contract extension. Stay healthy the rest of the season, and help lead us through the playoffs. Maybe we could do a three deal for seven or eight million a year.

Get up Q!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave