Couples Retreat

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Universal Pictures has cast Vince Vaughn, Jon Favreau, Jason Bateman and Faizon Love in Couples Retreat, a Favreau-scripted, Peter Billingsley-directed comedy.

The story follows four couples who go to a tropical island resort. While one couple is there to work on their marriage, the others are there to play but soon discover that participation in the resort’s couples therapy is not optional.

Vaughn will produce with Scott Stuber in a co-production between his Wild West Picture Show Productions and Stuber Productions. Victoria Vaughn and Guy Riedel executive produce.

The film is being prepared to start production in late October in Bora Bora and Los Angeles.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couples Retreat

Release Date: October 9, 2009
Studio: Universal Pictures
Director: Peter Billingsley
Screenwriter: Jon Favreau, Vince Vaughn, Dana Fox
Genre: Comedy
MPAA Rating: N/A

Starring: Vince Vaughn, Jason Bateman, Jon Favreau, Malin Akerman, Kristin Davis, Kristen Bell, Faizon Love, Kali Hawk, Jean Reno

Plot Summary: Vince Vaughn, Jason Bateman, Jon Favreau, Malin Akerman, Kristin Davis, Kristen Bell and Faizon Love star in Universal Pictures' upcoming comedy "Couples Retreat." Based on an original idea of Vaughn's, the comedy follows four Midwestern couples who embark on a journey to a tropical island resort. While one of the couples is there to work on their marriage, the other three set out to jet ski, spa and enjoy some fun in the sun. They soon discover that participation in the resort’s couples therapy is not optional. Suddenly, their group-rate vacation comes at a price. What follows is a hilarious look at real world problems faced by all couples. The film also stars Kali Hawk and Jean Reno.

You must be registered for see images attach

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I think we saw a preview of this with The Hangover...Looked pretty darn funny.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty damned funny and enjoyable! Vince Vaughn kills me!

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I went last night with my wife, we enjoyed it..it did have a few parts that dragged but overall it was a funny movie.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I went with my wife - we definitely enjoyed it

at times I was expecting more given the cast and a couple of the scenes/lines seemed really forced

but even though they left some on the table, it was a fun and enjoyable movie with some good scenes, lines and story framework

definitely do not regret buying the ticket

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
My wife and I enjoyed it. Not a great movie, but it was fun and a great date movie.

Vaughn had some darn funny lines, he killed me when he called that dude "Mr Belvedere". I loved the powerpoint scene too.

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
My wife and I enjoyed it. Not a great movie, but it was fun and a great date movie.

Vaughn had some darn funny lines, he killed me when he called that dude "Mr Belvedere". I loved the powerpoint scene too.

That really sums up my feeling of the movie. It's not a classic Vince Vaughn movie like Wedding Crashers or Old School. Just okay for me. I was expecting too much...

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
Just rented this and thought it was pretty middle of the road. Some of the casting didn't fit IMO. Kristen Bell and Kristen Davis just did not fit this group of people.

Pretty funny parts in spots throughout the flick but the parts that dragged really killed the moments for me.

Defintely the yoga scene was the best part of the film for me.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave