Ohio Stadium , COLUMBUS, OH

ESPN

USC is favored by 7.

Total points over/under number is 45

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow...8 points for the visiting team. Hmmm...I hate OSU....but, I dont think they lose by more than 8 points at home.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bleh. Points killed me in this one. Wish we had outright winner options and then better payouts if you choose with points.

Thought this would be much higher scoring. Pretty boring really.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
This game did nothing for me vBookie wise but it was a hell of a comeback for the Trojans.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Bleh. Points killed me in this one. Wish we had outright winner options and then better payouts if you choose with points.

Thought this would be much higher scoring. Pretty boring really.

:violin:

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This is why I can't stand college football at this point in time. OSU has had below par teams for about 5 years now.... yet they start a(and have even stayed) top 10 team every season. It's an embarassement. Beyond that, the Big 10 is the most overrated conference in all of football bar-none

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
They'll lose to Penn State, go 10-2, get another BCS because their fans travel well, then get beaten handily in said bowl team. Same thing every year, the Big 10 is an embarrassment.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
UF vs USC in NC game, calling it now.

i don't think so.

I think USC will blow at least one game this year, maybe even two. The postgame really overhyped Barkley. He's going to make at least one killer mistake at some point this season.

That said, it was really impressive that after three and a half quarters of struggling to move the ball, they put together that drive. The USC oline completely turned it around on that one drive.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TOSU made 2 huge defensive mistakes that cost them the game. Last USC drive of the first half, they appear to be willing to run out the clock, TOSU loses outside contain on a run by Stafon Johnson he bounces outside for 20+, USC winds up kicking the tying FG.

Last drive with Joe "I'm a WR not a RB" McKnight in the game, TOSU covers him man to man with a LB and it goes for nearly 30 yards. Great comeback by USC.

My one whine. First USC td of the game, 4th down Johnson is hit short of the goalline and falls over for a TD. If you watch the first replay they show it looks like his knee is down before the ball crosses. It's a 4th down play, no review TD. TOSU's first TD Herron is hit short of the goalline and falls over, not 4th down, and they review it for several minutes before calling it a TD.

now I'm not sure the replay was conclusive enough to overturn Johnson's score either but it was FOURTH down, there's no way you can't review that play if it's even mildly close and it was.

On the 2 point conversion after the go ahead TD if you watch, the play clock goes to 0 before the snap, was ESPN's clock off or did the refs miss that delay of game?

not sure if USC's defense, with 9 new starters, is that good or if TOSU is that bad on O. Pryor for a big fast kid sure was reluctant to take off and run. SC was impressive though, they reloaded again. Hope Mays is ok I think he's the best player in the country.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
i don't think so.

I think USC will blow at least one game this year, maybe even two. The postgame really overhyped Barkley. He's going to make at least one killer mistake at some point this season.

That said, it was really impressive that after three and a half quarters of struggling to move the ball, they put together that drive. The USC oline completely turned it around on that one drive.

Not that I am on Barkley's jock but I think he will get better as the season progresses, USC's defense will keep them in games. I see their biggest obstacle being CAL, if they get through them barring a let down they should be in the driver's seat for the NC game. I would be more concerned about FLA having to go through LSU, MISS & ALA.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
They'll lose to Penn State, go 10-2, get another BCS because their fans travel well, then get beaten handily in said bowl team. Same thing every year, the Big 10 is an embarrassment.

It's College Football's big money vampires that manipulate the system and the BCS that is an emberassment. Big 10 on field performance is just what it is - college kids playing football.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Kris O'Dowd is probably the best player to come out of Arizona since Terrell Suggs. The guy is flat out dominant.

The oline and Joe McKnight took over the game, the Barkley postgame hype was a bit over the top but not surprising.