Rashard Lewis on steroids

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And yet he's still a 6-10 head on a stick.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Wow, he was definitely not on the list of my ten most likely suspects.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So he'll miss the Suns game in Orlando Nov. 4th.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Latest news is that it is DHEA and not steroids. I take DHEA. Millions of people take DHEA and it ain't for bulking up. Don't know if it is true or not, but that is what has been said.

Nate

Registered
Reaction score
DHEA can be used to mask the intake of other steroids. DHEA is a prohormone and is forbidden for any professional athlete under the WADA umbrella. As NBA players are participating in the Olympics, they are bound by rule to follow the WADA code. By the way, a ten game suspension for a anti doping violation is ridiculous. But it speaks volumes about the major US sports stance about doping.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
DHEA can be used to mask the intake of other steroids. DHEA is a prohormone and is forbidden for any professional athlete under the WADA umbrella. As NBA players are participating in the Olympics, they are bound by rule to follow the WADA code. By the way, a ten game suspension for a anti doping violation is ridiculous. But it speaks volumes about the major US sports stance about doping.

Since DHEA is found in many O.T.C products, I think the punishment is fair. Rashard Lewis isn't exactly Dwight Howard when it comes to physique, anyway. I think the league, like myself, believes this was an honest mistake. 10 games is costing Lewis nearly $2 million, too. This is the proper punishment considering the circumstances.

Nate

Registered
Reaction score
Since DHEA is found in many O.T.C products, I think the punishment is fair. Rashard Lewis isn't exactly Dwight Howard when it comes to physique, anyway. I think the league, like myself, believes this was an honest mistake. 10 games is costing Lewis nearly $2 million, too. This is the proper punishment considering the circumstances.

Its not like many other banned substances for professional athletes are not easy and legally available. Lewis is earning quite a lot of money, and one of his responsibilities as a professional athlete in an olympic discipline (--> Wada-Code) is to not take any banned substances. DHEA is one of them.

Its like me eating some cookies at a party where I dont know whats in it and afterwards being stopped by police: when they drugtest me and I have some THC in my system, I will loose my licence no matter what for quite some time and certainly not only for ten to twenty days. Thats at least how it is handled almost all over Europe.

I have the responsibility to be clean when driving, Lewis has the responsibility to be clean at all time. Its in his contract. And loosing about 1/8 of your yearly income over it without taking in account additional revenues like promo/ad money is not a very harsh sentence either.

Additionally, if I need my car for my job, I will promptly be fired. Well, Lewis cant play because of his failure, will he be fired? No, he will continue to earn the money from a contract he most likely would not be able to sign again in the current financial situation of many teams. The anti-doping policy of the NBA is a bad joke.

goldseraph

Irrelevance Sucks :(
Reaction score
I'm a magic fan in Orlando.. let me say Rashard is not exactly a genius - seems like a pretty nice guy and doesn't misbehave, but the guy barely graduated high school and had no college. He seems to honestly have made a mistake not letting his team doctors approve anything he takes, and he seems upset at letting the team down. Obviously, he isnt any kind of banger and his game has little to do with muscles, so let's not talk like he's a steroid juicer.

Nate

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a magic fan in Orlando.. let me say Rashard is not exactly a genius - seems like a pretty nice guy and doesn't misbehave, but the guy barely graduated high school and had no college. He seems to honestly have made a mistake not letting his team doctors approve anything he takes, and he seems upset at letting the team down. Obviously, he isnt any kind of banger and his game has little to do with muscles, so let's not talk like he's a steroid juicer.

So what? He did what he did, and we will never know his true intentions. The facts are clear, though. He had sth in his system which shouldnt be there. Its like having a beer and then driving a car without thinking about the legal limit in the jurisdiction you are in. Hungarian police could not care less whether you knew about their 0.00% limit or not. You will lose your licence and pay a hefty fine, whether your abilities to drive were really impaired or not.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose