Lamar Odom to return to Lakers

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Source: Odom, Lakers agree on deal
Updated: July 30, 2009, 4:59 PM ET
By J.A. Adande and Marc Stein
ESPN.com

Lamar Odom will return to the Los Angeles Lakers, according to an NBA source.

Odom will sign a four-year contract, with the fourth year at the Lakers' option.

One source with knowledge of the talks told ESPN.com the four-year deal is worth $33 million if the Lakers exercise the final year of the contract.

Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak declined comment. Odom's agent, Jeff Schwartz, did not return a message immediately.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4367213

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouch. The same Laker team with Artest as well.... Ugh.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Great news for the Lakers. Losing Odom would have, in my opinion, put them in serious doubt to hold the top spot in the West. San Antonio and Portland are both going to be much improved and the Lakers NEED Odom in order to make a serious run at another title. Having Odom gives them the versatility to slide Pau to the 5 when Bynum decides to commit fouls on every play. As good as the Laker starters are, their strength is their depth and Odom was the key to that. Glad he's coming back.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
ReeePeeeeT

You must be registered for see images

Although i do look forward to Artest snapping Ginobli in half when he comes down the lane and tries to lower his Argentinian shoulder.

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
I think its quite sad that people overlook EVERY other team because the Lakers resigned Odom. There is no promise they would even repeat if they came back with the same lineup as last year, let alone this new lineup. That is why the sport is played. Anyone remember the All-Star lineup the Lakers had in 2004? They were the favs and lost....anything can happen.

I am not that worried.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I think its quite sad that people overlook EVERY other team because the Lakers resigned Odom. There is no promise they would even repeat if they came back with the same lineup as last year, let alone this new lineup. That is why the sport is played. Anyone remember the All-Star lineup the Lakers had in 2004? They were the favs and lost....anything can happen.

I am not that worried.

I think you posted in the wrong topic, this doesn't have anything to do with Shaq.

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
Speaking of Shaq...did he throw the entire Suns organization under the bus yet? Wasn't he supposed to do that?

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
Speaking of Shaq...did he throw the entire Suns organization under the bus yet? Wasn't he supposed to do that?

It will come... He has to get a couple months with the new team first. Or maybe the 4th time is a charm and he finally grew up a little. Well see.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
It will come... He has to get a couple months with the new team first. Or maybe the 4th time is a charm and he finally grew up a little. Well see.

Sometime before the end of the season it will happen. Shaq never takes responsibility for anything. Except of course when the team wins, then he's more then happy to accept responsibility.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson