Interested in Blu-Ray discs of Super Bowl or NFC Championship/Wildcard games?

Yotesfan85044

Registered
Reaction score
Last week I embarked on project that took many hours of work and a couple late nights, archiving all the Cardinals playoffs games I had DVR'd in HD onto Blu-Ray discs. All the HD game footage was eating up valuable hard drive space, so it was time to archive it or lose it. Last year I bought a Hauppauge HD PVR, a device for PC's which lets you record HD programming from cable/satellite set-top boxes to your hard drive using the component outputs. And I purchased a Blu-Ray burner for my PC so I could start archiving HD programming to BD once the prices of blanks was reasonable (hasn't happened yet!). I bit the bullet on the pricey blank BD discs and finally put the Blu-Ray burner to good use.
I had captured the HD broadcasts of the NFC Wildcard game against Atlanta, the NFC Championship game and the Super Bowl, all off Cox HD cable in 1920x1080i, DD 5.1 sound. I'm kicking myself now for not having recorded the Carolina game to complete the collection! After trying out quite a few free/shareware tools for editing H.264 HD video without much success, I finally found a beta version of a software package that let me cut out all the commercials from all three games without any re-encoding to preserve the original quality. Taking out the commercials allowed me to get all three games onto two 25GB Blu-Ray discs with additional HD extras. 6 hours of HD footage on both discs. I authored the discs w/ menus using Arcsoft Total Media Extreme, the only software I could find that would burn the HD PVR footage to Blu-Ray without re-encoding the footage and losing quality.

Disc 1 has Super Bowl XLIII, 2 hours of highlights from NBC's Super Bowl Sunday pregame, the Bruce Springsteen halftime show and Channel 12's HD footage of the Cardinals welcome home rally at Sky Harbor Airport the day after the game.

Disc 2 has the Atlanta NFC Wildcard game, NFC Championship against Philly, NFL Films "Road to the Super Bowl" NFL season recap (aired on NBC Super Bowl Sunday), the Monsters vs Aliens 3D movie trailer along with the other two 3D commercials that followed it just before halftime.

I'm very happy with the final results. The Blu-Ray discs I burned look and sound awesome played on my HDTV and home theater sound system with my PS3, looking just as sharp as the original HD broadcasts without commercials to skip through. The discs should play on any standalone or PC Blu-Ray player.

I'd like to offer a limited number of these Blu-Ray discs to other fans on this board. I wish I could offer these for free, but the cost of burning Blu-Ray discs is still high unfortunately. Blank Blu-Ray discs run $10 or more a pop unless you buy them in quantity. I picked up at Fry's last weekend three 10-disc spindles of Verbatim 25GB Blu-Ray's along with empty Blu-Ray plastic cases and bubble mailers . Nearly $250 in expenses. GULP! I'm not looking to make a profit on these, only get back the expenses incurred.

Adding in postage, the total of getting both discs with the Blu-Ray plastic case comes to $22. Without the plastic Blu-Ray case, $21 (you'll get it in a paper sleeve).

If you're only interested in one of the two discs, not both, the total is $14 with the plastic case, $13 without.

If interested in getting one or both discs, send me a PM indicating which disc(s) you want and whether you want the plastic case. I'll keep accepting requests in the order they're received until all 30 blank BD discs have been accounted for. At which point the offer will be closed. I'll update this post once the offer is closed. As far as the method for accepting payments for expenses, I'll use Paypal and send out PM's to everyone getting the discs with my Paypal address and your total amount once I've finished accepting requests.

I had originally planned to post this offer Monday night and already be burning discs by now, but I received very bad news on Monday that my grandmother up in Canada had lost her fight with leukemia and passed away early Monday morning. So I had to put this on the backburner a few days while I make make arrangements to fly up to Montreal for her funeral this weekend. I don't expect to start burning any discs until next Tuesday after I get back into town.

Here are screenshots of the two disc menus along with a photo of the Blu-Ray case w/ custom artwork..

You must be registered for see images

If you're curious, I already checked if there's going to be "official" Blu-Ray discs of the Cardinals playoff games. The Super Bowl will be available in Blu-Ray as part of a 2-disc Steelers "Road to the Super Bowl" set containing all their playoff games and the victory that clinched their division title. That's coming out in June. There will be a Arizona Cardinals NFC Champions DVD coming out in June, no Blu-Ray. I don't think it'll contain any of the complete playoff games, more of a season review with playoff highlights. I don't know if this is the same disc being sent to season ticket holders.

denverbirdfan

thanks for flying
Reaction score
since i watched the game from a mexican restaurant across the street from raymond james stadium with feathers glued to my arms because $1,200 couldn't get me a ticket on game day!!!!

Captain Matt

Registered
Reaction score
Very cool.... Alternatively you can search one of the many torrent websites for things like "superbowl avi", "NFC Championship avi" and such and find some pretty good HD recordings for download to your PC. I bought a WD TV a while back and now use an older USB portable hard drive to dump my HD recordings on (from my PC) then play them back just about anywhere using the WD TV. It's just a little black box with HDMI and composite outputs for playing ANY type of video (mpeg, avi. mp4, etc.) from ANY portable device (thumb drives, portable hard drives, and etc.) for about $100. A very sound investiment. I have just about every video my kids own stored on a 300 gig usb drive and we can play them on my LCD, my computer monitor, or even in the minivan on trips.

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wow, this looks very very impressive.

Most definitely getting a message from me soon

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score
Count me in, I sent you a PM as requested. Send me two in a plain wrapper. :)

OP
OP
Y

Yotesfan85044

Registered
Reaction score
Everyone who has PM'd me so far are definitely in. At last count 18 of the 30 blank BD's are accounted for, so there's still quite a few slots left. I'll be sending out PM's later tonight with Paypal payment info. I'm leaving town tomorrow for the funeral and will be back Monday night. I'll start burning discs tonight and get to all the rest starting next Tuesday.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
Everyone who has PM'd me so far are definitely in. At last count 18 of the 30 blank BD's are accounted for, so there's still quite a few slots left. I'll be sending out PM's later tonight with Paypal payment info. I'm leaving town tomorrow for the funeral and will be back Monday night. I'll start burning discs tonight and get to all the rest starting next Tuesday.

Thanks, and sorry to hear about your grandmother. Have a safe trip.

OP
OP
Y

Yotesfan85044

Registered
Reaction score
I've sent out PM's to everyone who responded to the Blu-ray offer thus far. As of right now, I still have 6 blank discs left, so it's still possible to get in on the offer. If you do want in, please PM by tomorrow afternoon as I'll be leaving town in the evening and unable to reply until Tuesday.
I may pick up additional blank discs once I've finished with these initial 30, so even if you don't get in on this initial offer, I can still put you on a waiting list and let you know when I'll be able to burn more.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
I am in as well....just let me know what I gotta do. This is awesome, I just had to delete all the playoff games from my DVR last week as well. Just couldn't keep them using up all that space.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Very cool.... Alternatively you can search one of the many torrent websites for things like "superbowl avi", "NFC Championship avi" and such and find some pretty good HD recordings for download to your PC. I bought a WD TV a while back and now use an older USB portable hard drive to dump my HD recordings on (from my PC) then play them back just about anywhere using the WD TV. It's just a little black box with HDMI and composite outputs for playing ANY type of video (mpeg, avi. mp4, etc.) from ANY portable device (thumb drives, portable hard drives, and etc.) for about $100. A very sound investiment. I have just about every video my kids own stored on a 300 gig usb drive and we can play them on my LCD, my computer monitor, or even in the minivan on trips.

Can you link me to one of these? Maybe on Amazon or Newegg??

OP
OP
Y

Yotesfan85044

Registered
Reaction score
The initial 30 discs have been claimed already, but I am still accepting requests as I plan on buying additional blank discs.

Shortbus

Reaction score
I would like in also if you plan to make more! Sorry cant pm you my post count is too low. Let me know. Thanks for the hard work!

OP
OP
Y

Yotesfan85044

Registered
Reaction score
To those who have already responded to the offer and sent their Paypal/check payments, I should have your Blu-Ray discs mailed out tomorrow. For some reason Nero 8 wasn't burning the BD-R discs at the full rated speed, taking an hour and 15 minutes just to burn one disc. I found a better disc burning app, ImgBurn, which burns the same discs at the full 4x-6x speed, ~ 25 minutes per disc. So I should be all caught up burning copies tonight and mailing them out at the PO tomorrow.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose