Choose one ex rb we had too start over as rookie who!!

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Point one: Was Jones' anger unjustified? I remember him saying in an ESPN article that the Cardinal medical staff misdiagnosed a rip injury as asthma.
Admittedly, I'd be upset too.

Point two: Shaun Alexander would have had the same success Thomas Jones did in that time period. Bad offensive line play stifles everyone but Barry Sanders.

While I agree with you, I don't think Alexander would have broken his hand "answering the phone"

biggest BS injury in the history of sports.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I wish Thomas Jones had a desire too play here..I think he would of been awesome..How about a def player I would love too see would be Eric Swann with no medical problems.He would be a beast in or system..

Thomas Jones without the bad influence of his pal David Boston no doubt would have had a much better career in the AZ.

It wasn't the bad offensive line it was the bad attitude of several players. In 2002 the offensive line was LJ Shelton (1st round) Pete Kendall (1st round) Mark Gruttadauria*, Leonard Davis (1st round) and Chris Dishman. Marcel Shipp and TJ combined to rush for 1,344 yards and 4.1 ypc.

The team averaged 4.4 thanks to the stellar running of Joel Makovicka who averaged 10.8 ypc. :D

Of course the defense stunk. I'm not that old that I forget how bad McGinnis' defenses were.

*http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f4/cardinals-release-c-mike-gruttadauria-8114.html

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
Awsome. :thumbup: Did you read his interview during the SB week. The media was really honing in on the old-time NFLers.
Yeah, Trippi seems like a great person to sit down and talk to.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
Metcalf was a VERY special talent. People who never saw him play have no idea how good he was. In todays NFL he could never play at RB, because he only weighed about 175 and that (injuries) and drugs lead to his demise. Terry was also a big time fumbler, but had moves similar to Barry Sanders with more speed.
Juice would be my choice. I will never forget that first game he had against Dallas at Busch Stadium when he ran for 193 and ripped them for a 76 yarder, unheard of from back in that time at 225 lbs. Injuries and losing teams spelled the end until he won the Super Bowl MVP in NY. OJ was a BEAST in the mold of Jim Brown.

One year, Metcalf had a "Grand Slam"...rushed for a TD, caught a TD pass, threw a TD pass, ran back a punt for a TD, and ran back a kickoff for a TD.

Only a couple of players in NFL history have ever done that.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any one of these truly great draft choices:

1994. Chuck Levy (2nd round)
1991. Ivory Lee Brown
1988. Tony Jeffery (2nd round) and Tony Jordan

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Any one of these truly great draft choices:

1994. Chuck Levy (2nd round)
1991. Ivory Lee Brown
1988. Tony Jeffery (2nd round) and Tony Jordan

Don't be ruining a great spring afternoon by bringing up the Cards wonderful history of second round running backs.

Theotis Brown. Jeffery, Anthony Thompson, Levy, McElroy, Arrington.

From Dan Deirdorf in 1971 to Anquan Boldin in 2003 the Cards got about a half dozen decent players and only 4 really good players in the 2nd. McDonald, Lomax, Plummer and Frank Sanders.

OP
OP
BIGTONY

BIGTONY

Registered
Reaction score
Johnny Johnson..Liked this kid.

GBR
I liked him alot too.Another person was I think his name was ron wilson I think.He was like a later round for us it was 10 years ago..He did really good.I think he was traded to another team..I also think he was against johnny johnson..

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OJ Anderson was the best from the modern era.

I have to give some love to Stump Mitchell, especially where he was drafted.

So if when drafted factors in I go with Stump.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Johnny Johnson..Liked this kid.

GBR

I liked his play but he was a low draft pick because of off-the-field issues and he was sour and moody in the locker room, if I recall. Didn't we trade him to the Jets to move up one spot and snatch Garrison Hearst?

OP
OP
BIGTONY

BIGTONY

Registered
Reaction score
I liked ron moore also.He was a good player for us.He was a diamond in the rough.

LarryStalling

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
O.J. was great. Loved to watch him play and will not forget that one spectacular game he had against the Cowboys. Terry Metcalf was electrifying. He got me so excited that I would just shake my head at the moves he put on people. However, I am going to cast my vote for John David Crow. His 5.9 ypg his rookie year and over 1000 yards are still bench marks by which the rb's should be measured in this organization.

aztreeman

Reaction score
garrison or otis.......either one would be great! both very different backs-yet think they would have tore it up. i liked johnny johnson too, he kinda ran like dickerson.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thomas Jones.

However I would require him to not have any phones on nightstands near his bed this time around.

OP
OP
BIGTONY

BIGTONY

Registered
Reaction score
hopefully he is good.The Card need a speed burner...IF our rb was a car it better be a Bugatti.O-10 yards in 3 seconds flats..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave