Patriots | Team signs former Cardinals LS Nate Hodel

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Patriots signed LS Nathan Hodel, formerly of the Cardinals.
Hodel, 31, replaces Lonie Paxton, who was pilfered away by Denver. Hodel is a seven-year vet. Arizona wasn't pleased with his coverage work in 2008.

Link

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He must have gotten over his supposed injury very quickly. I thought he failed his physical with the Cardinals. Do I have it wrong?

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hodel rules. I wonder if he'll show up in Madden next year because he plays for the Patriots :)

TJAM

Registered
Reaction score
He must have gotten over his supposed injury very quickly. I thought he failed his physical with the Cardinals. Do I have it wrong?

Miracles happen, he will be missed. wonder who the new guy will be. Jason Kyle beat Hodel out of a job in Carolina. Kyle supposedly visited here, but no report on how it went.........I think he lives in Tempe during the off season.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
This shows that Hodel was good. If the Pats want you, you can perform.

Good luck Nate..... You will always get respect on this board.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This shows that Hodel was good. If the Pats want you, you can perform.

Good luck Nate..... You will always get respect on this board.

Yep, Major props to the guy for his work on and off the field here.

Can't say I disagree about his coverage though, If your kicker can get down and take a guy out now and then, the LS should have been at least decent at it.

100%CardsFan

100% embarrassed
Reaction score
This is the first time I got to log into the board since Hodel was released. After the Cardinals lost the next day I was admitted into the hospital.. Im doin ok now though. Very very sad to see him go. My whole family was pretty upset about it. My mom and Mark had tears rolling down their face. Not because of what he did on the field. but what he did off the field. When we went to the games Mark truely had a buddy on the team, someone who gave him his jersey off his back, someone who after the championship game saw me down by the locker rooms and asked me to call my brother on my cell so he could talk to him since he was sick. We will miss you Nate. Really sucks the Cardinals let him go, they just signed him to a 4 year deal. So he had bad coverage for 8 years??? Its bull sshit to me but my opinion is biased because of a personal relationhsip he had with my family. Good luck brother, weird to say one of my favorite players doesnt play for the Cardinals.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
That didnt last long, he was just cut by the Pats. He was beaten out by a rookie.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That didnt last long, he was just cut by the Pats. He was beaten out by a rookie.

That sucks for him, such a class act he is.

All it takes is one crappy snap from one of 32 guys and his phone will ring. :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson