Clueless & Gutless...

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
OK! Just my opinions but what have we accomplished so far??

1./We've "danced" w/Karlos and when we ran out of time we "tagged" him rather than lose him completely.
Prediction: We draft a LB with our 1st or 2nd choice knowing we can't re-sign him.

2./ We've "danced" with Kurt and have reached a stale-mate. While I agree 14-16 Mill. is ridiculous to pay you'd think something could've been worked out. There are ALOT of reasons for Kurt to stay here.
Prediction: Kurt signs with the 49ers choosing more financial security for his family.

3./ We cut a GREAT LS in Nate Hodel and no one's even given us a reason why to this point.
Prediction: None at this point

4./ We're bringing in (3) free agents today. A CB who would improve our secondary; a RB with a bad back; and a blocking fullback to replace T. Smith who did a GREAT job last year providing leadership and energy as well as efficient blocking.
Prediction: T. Smith is cut. BIG mistake!

5. Meanwhile, Q's contract situation is yet another problem to address at some point.
Prediction: Q will get traded to the Dolphins or the Bucs.

SUMMARY: While I have GREAT confidence in Whiz' & the staff to coach the players, the FO has done ZIP to improve this team for 2009. GOOD GRIEF GRAVES!! DO SOMETHING!!!

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right!!!! If we had Dan Snyder as our owner, we would have gotten 5 new FA's and signed up the Boy's Choir at St. Peters.

Of course, it wouldn't transmit into any more wins, but at least the fans could feel good about it.;)

cgolden

Registered
Reaction score
OK! Just my opinions but what have we accomplished so far??

1./We've "danced" w/Karlos and when we ran out of time we "tagged" him rather than lose him completely.
Prediction: We draft a LB with our 1st or 2nd choice knowing we can't re-sign him.

2./ We've "danced" with Kurt and have reached a stale-mate. While I agree 14-16 Mill. is ridiculous to pay you'd think something could've been worked out. There are ALOT of reasons for Kurt to stay here.
Prediction: Kurt signs with the 49ers choosing more financial security for his family.

3./ We cut a GREAT LS in Nate Hodel and no one's even given us a reason why to this point.

4./ We're bringing in (3) free agents today. A CB who would improve our secondary; a RB with a bad back; and a blocking fullback to replace T. Smith who did a GREAT job last year providing leadership and energy as well as efficient blocking.
Prediction: T. Smith is cut. BIG mistake!

5. Meanwhile, Q's contract situation is yet another problem to address at some point.
Prediction: Q will get traded to the Dolphins or the Bucs.

SUMMARY: While I have GREAT confidence in Whiz' & the staff to coach the players, the FO has done ZIP to improve this team for 2009. GOOD GRIEF GRAVES!! DO SOMETHING!!!
:lame:

cardfan

Registered
Reaction score
Someone on the other board (azgal), the official website, is saying Hodel was cut because he failed his physical. Anyone know the truth in this?

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
First why get pissed for losing Dansby or Warner when nothing neither is even gone yet?

I am still trying to fugure out why so many are so pissed at losing Hodel. According to the foxsports site he failed his physical. Even so we are talking about a LS. All 32 LS in the NFL dont make mistakes just like Hodel. When was the last time you remember a LS making a mistake 10 years ago?

For Jordan for having such a big back problem he sure did run like he didnt have a back problem the last 4 games of the year. He was a work horse for the pats to end the season. It wasnt even his back that kept him out of the games last year.

T. Smith is also roomates with Edge James while living in PHX. Once he leaves or since James hasnt beencut yet you think that might have an effect on t. Smith. a T. Smith who while a good teammate was still only apart of the leagues worst rushing attack. Why so angry about losing a FB whos skill set is a dime a dozen and was apart of the worst run game in the league. Also for a FB you should be able to play special teams and Smith didnt do that.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Right!!!! If we had Dan Snyder as our owner, we would have gotten 5 new FA's and signed up the Boy's Choir at St. Peters.

Of course, it wouldn't transmit into any more wins, but at least the fans could feel good about it.;)

You must be registered for see images

We need some 40 times.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

True story. A FA smorgasbord isn't the sign of a well run team.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Also for a FB you should be able to play special teams and Smith didnt do that.

Didn't T.Smith have a big block on the JJ Arrington KO return against the Cowboys?

Not that I have a problem with letting Smith go, since I like what I have read about Kuhn.

But you can make the case for Hodel who was just a LS, and Alex Shorr is a LS/TE.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First why get pissed for losing Dansby or Warner when nothing neither is even gone yet?

I am still trying to fugure out why so many are so pissed at losing Hodel. According to the foxsports site he failed his physical. Even so we are talking about a LS. All 32 LS in the NFL dont make mistakes just like Hodel. When was the last time you remember a LS making a mistake 10 years ago?

For Jordan for having such a big back problem he sure did run like he didnt have a back problem the last 4 games of the year. He was a work horse for the pats to end the season. It wasnt even his back that kept him out of the games last year.

T. Smith is also roomates with Edge James while living in PHX. Once he leaves or since James hasnt beencut yet you think that might have an effect on t. Smith. a T. Smith who while a good teammate was still only apart of the leagues worst rushing attack. Why so angry about losing a FB whos skill set is a dime a dozen and was apart of the worst run game in the league. Also for a FB you should be able to play special teams and Smith didnt do that.

I agree with almost anything you say. :thumbup:

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why so angry about losing a FB whos skill set is a dime a dozen and was apart of the worst run game in the league.

A good FB is hard to find and why guys like Tony Richardson, Mack Strong and Lorenzo Neal continued to get good deals well after the accepted shelf life for a FB had expired.

Smith was above average and the problems with the rushing attack were the sum of a number of issues.

If he's no re-signed I'd consider it a genuine loss for the team, but remain hopeful that an acceptable substitute can be found.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A good FB is hard to find and why guys like Tony Richardson, Mack Strong and Lorenzo Neal continued to get good deals well after the accepted shelf life for a FB had expired.

Smith was above average and the problems with the rushing attack were the sum of a number of issues.

If he's no re-signed I'd consider it a genuine loss for the team, but remain hopeful that an acceptable substitute can be found.

Absolutely SS. While the O didin't call for TS to do a whole lot, when he was on the field he worked hard, and those that know the game were able to readily identify the good things he did. I'm not trying to go back to the non-entity days of Joel Mackovicka.

TJAM

Registered
Reaction score

There is a theme Wiz wants his guys in camp, anti union regarding the players rep , needed to make and example

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
"I am still trying to fugure out why so many are so pissed at losing Hodel. According to the foxsports site he failed his physical. Even so we are talking about a LS. All 32 LS in the NFL dont make mistakes just like Hodel. When was the last time you remember a LS making a mistake 10 years ago?"

Maybe the team doesn't feel that they can afford the luxury of having a guy who does nothing except snap. Most teams' long snappers also play special teams or backup offensive line. I mean, good grief, they never even bothered to put Hodel in the Madden rosters because he didn't DO anything. ;)

TJAM

Registered
Reaction score
"I am still trying to fugure out why so many are so pissed at losing Hodel. According to the foxsports site he failed his physical. Even so we are talking about a LS. All 32 LS in the NFL dont make mistakes just like Hodel. When was the last time you remember a LS making a mistake 10 years ago?"
Maybe the team doesn't feel that they can afford the luxury of having a guy who does nothing except snap. Most teams' long snappers also play special teams or backup offensive line. I mean, good grief, they never even bothered to put Hodel in the Madden rosters because he didn't DO anything. ;)

Dan - Name one team in the NFL that has their LS do something besides LS. The answer is none. There were 3 or 4 games lost last season because of an errant snap.......ask Dallas and Seattle. Those 2 teams went thru 5 LS during the season. ST Louis was short on tight Ends and use Massey for a couple of games as a fill-in. Jeff Robinson is probably the last of the dinasours that did LS and played another position. Dallas payed him a MIllion dollar signing bonus to leave St Louis about 4 years ago..............I doubt if he has caught 4 passes in the last 4 years and is now stricktly a LS.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Who said anything about Dan Snyder? I haven' heard anyone on this board--or anywhere praise him about anything he does as an owner.

If I say I dont like oranges are you gonna tell me why apples suck in order to make me like oranges again?

BTW- Good to see you back, I was wondering what was going on.

OP
OP
N

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
THANKS for the in-put everyone..

As always, I appreciate your insights. I wasn't aware that Nate Hodel failed his physical. His release makes more sense now. As for Jordan, I read another post that said he has a history of back problems so that's what concerned me. ...And T. Smith is just the type of player I would want on my team. His enthusiasm charges up the other players. OK! Let's see what our FO does now. Our competition isn't standing pat. The Rams have a new center to solidify their line and Seattle just signed T.J. One other thing. ABSOLUTELY NO! To Daniel Snyder BUT YES to Jerry Reese. All the Giants have done is add (3) solid players to bolster their "D" and sign their "feature" back. Now THAT'S getting it done!! GO CARDS!!

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who said anything about Dan Snyder? I haven' heard anyone on this board--or anywhere praise him about anything he does as an owner.

If I say I dont like oranges are you gonna tell me why apples suck in order to make me like oranges again?

BTW- Good to see you back, I was wondering what was going on.

Washington fans love FA because Snyder chases all the top ones. Isn't that what all the complaining is about right now? The Cards haven't signed any free agents?

We have no idea how the discussions are going with Warner or any of the other Cards we are trying to keep, but every time a negative rumor comes out, someone jumps on it, accepts it as gospel truth and screams about how bad our FO is. It's like a broken record.

We don't know anything. Why not wait until something happens (either Warner leaves or he resigns with the Cards) and save all this heartache and frustration? No matter which way it goes, some of the fans are going to be ticked off.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave